It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war for Oil?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I've heard alot of weak stories and theories regarding the War in Iraq being tied to Oil.. So I wanna start a good discussion on the Oil connections.. prices, graphs, war, oil flows, .. facts.. Any facts.. Lets put this all in one huge thread and see where the discussion goes from there.

I'm willing to bet that if 10% of us alone go and research something about a connection, and each one comes back to this thread to discuss what they researched, that a huge debate will start... and we all know there hasn't been a good indepth debate (HUGE threads) in a pretty long time.. I think the last one was the Aussie Bloke hoax..

Let's focus the energy we used to debate that old Aussie Bloke thread, and put all that research and debate to a topic that matters.. Maybe its for the oil, can we prove, through research, that it is or is not? We wont know until we begin to learn both sides of the debate.. and the best way to start a debate is to pick a side (for the oil, or not for the oil) and start posting facts the prove your side.

Let the thread go from there...

I'll start my post with a theory.. a theory that not just the US, but other countries are in this war for the oil with help from OPEC.

Heres a theory.. Let's say, this huge oil grab, and the sickly inflated oil prices are one in one. Sure, the war is making oil sales cost more.. but the amount of raise a small war would cost is a tiny fraction of the current price.

It happened pretty fast.. the day the US woke up and bought the most oil they've ever consumed. On that dreaded September 11, when planes collapsed buildings in the famous NYC.. (A city hundreds of miles away from the people now "affected" and "touched" by 9/11.)

The new yorkers screamed, and we all listened.. the death! the shame! the dust! oh my the fire! .. and we all listened.. and nodded our heads and made the news a part of our lives. Oh how everything has changed since then.. once we lived amongst eachother laughing at the petty crimes; now we live with eachother and share our feelings...

But enough about 9/11, thats not the topic of my discussion.. OIL.. on that september day, the entire United States population rushed for the one thing they desire more then anything. Some desire it more then the safety of their familes unfortunatly... 9/11 scared the US citizens into somehow thinking the end of the world was coming and they needed to get an entire tank of gas incase they lived this horrible attack!

Instead of being scared, and praying for their families, we rushed to the nearest BP, AMOCO, Marathan, Speedway, local diary mart.. anywhere.. to get GAS.. GAS!! Shrug, it was probably the richest day the oil industry ever saw... no clue.

Back on topic, the war in iraq is being waged as we speak and OPEC has raised the price of oil astoundingly high. Prices we, the public, never imaged would be possible. But we all merely agreed and tucked our tails between our legs and walked on... how shameful.

So is the huge spike in oil prices directly related to the WAR? Or is it a super induced inflation by the oil industry to suck every cent out of us with the help of OPEC and the massive use of that fear we experienced on 9/11 constantly thrown at us by alerts, paranoia and false stories introduced to the news medias??.. does anyone ever monitor OPEC? Who determines how much an gallon of oil sells for? And does that price get critically inflated when the gallon becomes many.. like a barrels of oil.. Does having more oil in one place mentally enhance the value?

Lets do some research.. post some theories and post some facts.. lets see where this discussion will lead

[edit on 2/15/2005 by QuietSoul]

[edit on 2/15/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You have no idea how many capped oil well we have right now, do you? This oil theory is debunked by me because we have it here in so many places we have not used yet. You think we do not have refinneries here or something. We truely do not need their oil if we had to close our boarders to the world. If we did this, we would be self suffient of products we can make here.

Golden Shellback...............................King Neptune Rex Royal Court

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Nothing has been Debunked Partr 1. geocities.com... Part 2. geocities.com... Part 3. geocities.com... This is the real reason U.S. is in Iraq and will be going to Syria, and Iran, all the official reasons are for "Public Consumption" only.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goldenshellback
You have no idea how many capped oil well we have right now, do you? This oil theory is debunked by me because we have it here in so many places we have not used yet. You think we do not have refinneries here or something. We truely do not need their oil if we had to close our boarders to the world. If we did this, we would be self suffient of products we can make here.

Obviously it's smarter to use up all foreign sources of oil before our own.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Can you provide links showing some facts and figures on this? I would be intersted to see them.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here is an extreamly good article that shows it is for oil, and it;s a ver DAMING peice of eveidence that shows Bush diliberatly LIED about Saddahm gassing the Kurds, as you'll read you'll see THE U.S. ARMY WAR COLLEDGE back in 1990 said Iran is who gasses the Kurds, and what they were saying was not hersay but AN "OFFICIAL STATEMENT" www.vialls.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Can you provide links showing some facts and figures on this? I would be intersted to see them.

That is up to you to believe my friend. It is not common knowledge to be on the internet, I could be wrong you could find it here in cyber. I knew people in the oil bussiness. The idea years ago was to use the Arab oil to transport here, when they run out. Pick up the production here to sell to them. We can close our boarders from the world and not worry about oil at all here in the USA. How do you think we supplies the forces in WWII. I am surprised that the younger generation did not listen to the old folks about things going on they lived through. History books are a joke nowadays. Montana has oil riggs all over the place. You must not travel to much within the USA. I have been all over the world, that includes the seven seas. In real life I have crossed the equator as well. So, if you ever take a vacation, go to Montana and see for yourself. Or Do you still believe we herd Holstein cows to the meat market? Holsteins are milking cows! See what I mean. You have to know what you are talking about. If you never set outside of your city to another state, I guess you need proof. Go travel to see what I mean. Media in Big cities think we still pay doctors off with chickens and pigs.
Sorry Tiger, that is BS. I live out here in AMerica. So you know nothing of what I speak of. Stick to what Russsia is doing, not give me BS article of thewriter who never really traveled. I know what is correct. They go by whoever sends them information, and hearsay. I could write a f book too to make damn good reading of UFOs doing a reststop in your backyard.
I debunk that Bs, I don't have to prove it. I live here. Now gasing the Kurds, tell that to a few who lost loved ones and the disfigured. They showed it on National TV. What is pecticide? YOu can mix this with other poision and put it in a crop duster to fly over and spray people with. I can tell you have no ag behind you at all. Ever taken chemisty? People say no WMD, we have veterans from the first time over there that have the chemicals in their system. Deformities of the children shows the effect. It is still active in the sands from previous experiements Saddam did to the people south of the region. Plus, they had WMD, biowarfare. Anthrax showed up here. You can take this substance and use a crop duster as well to fly over people. What kind of person are you? you keep putting BS articles up and it is proof. What about life experience, do you have any. No, all I see is this crap coming.

Golden Shellback........................................War for oil is a sham the liberal want you to believe.

[edit on 15-2-2005 by Goldenshellback]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That is up to you to believe my friend. It is not common knowledge to be on the internet, I could be wrong you could find it here in cyber. I knew people in the oil bussiness. The idea years ago was to use the Arab oil to transport here, when they run out. Pick up the production here to sell to them. We can close our boarders from the world and not worry about oil at all here in the USA. How do you think we supplies the forces in WWII. I am surprised that the younger generation did not listen to the old folks about things going on they lived through. History books are a joke nowadays. Montana has oil riggs all over the place. You must not travel to much within the USA. I have been all over the world, that includes the seven seas. In real life I have crossed the equator as well. So, if you ever take a vacation, go to Montana and see for yourself. Or Do you still believe we herd Holstein cows to the meat market? Holsteins are milking cows! See what I mean. You have to know what you are talking about. If you never set outside of your city to another state, I guess you need proof. Go travel to see what I mean. Media in Big cities think we still pay doctors off with chickens and pigs.

My original question was genuine curiousity - I wasn't accusing you of telling lies, so there's no need to be patronising and defensive. For your information, I only recently moved to the USA from the UK, although I have travelled all over the US down the years as well as plenty of other places in the world. I bet I've seen more of the USA than most people who have lived there all their life. However, I'm sorry, but I was younger then and didn't really pay much attention to such mundane things as oil wells! Anyway...

I realise there is a lot of oil in the USA. But the fact is over 80% of the worlds oil reserves are in the Middle East. The amount of oil the USA produces itself has been going down for years, and the amount it imports from the Middle East has been growing fast. If the USA could magic-up enough oil to get by without any imports then how did the 1973 oil crisis happen? And, knowing that could happen again at any time, why do they still rely on oil from the Middle East? These again are genuine questions - I'm happy to be proved wrong if I'm missing something...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
tiger, are you really suggesting the british task force was sent to just secure the oil assets?
And if that is so, why is there not a stronger military force there?
The force there is a rapier unit, a ship withing 3 days at all times and about a section of infantry...not exsactly enough to defend the oil there is it?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
War about Oil? Here's some good reading for you:

It's the Crude, Dude, by Linda McQuaig

Info

Webcast

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here is a thread I started awhile back with lots of links and interesting facts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out. There is alot of info there. Im not asking for more replies. You can bring something up here. My thread died awhile back
But feel free to use the links and info provided.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good stuff, Kidfinger. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Heres a good one that shows whats happening with the so called oil in Iraq, www.vialls.com...

SMR

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
People,dont expect anything other than babble from Goldenshellback.
Notice he did not answer anything,such as in all of his posts around here.
He wont look at source and post a comment on it.He just likes following Howard around in threads and post junk.

The articles that have been put here are all really good ones.I have read most and see that there is an issue here that seems to be ignored and explained by weak comments.
Numbers dont lie.We use other's oil and you should know that.Even going to the OPEC site will tell you that.It all ends up leading to the fact that we need/want others oil no matter the cost.So far the cost is war.What is next,who knows.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
People,dont expect anything other than babble from Goldenshellback.
Notice he did not answer anything,such as in all of his posts around here.
He wont look at source and post a comment on it.He just likes following Howard around in threads and post junk.

The articles that have been put here are all really good ones.I have read most and see that there is an issue here that seems to be ignored and explained by weak comments.
Numbers dont lie.We use other's oil and you should know that.Even going to the OPEC site will tell you that.It all ends up leading to the fact that we need/want others oil no matter the cost.So far the cost is war.What is next,who knows.

Whatever SMR. I have not been reading some post. Did you miss me?
Post junk, hum. May be you should read the link I have given more closely. But you will not. So I babble, looks who is talking.

Why comment on post I was on? You seamed to have everything undercontrol with links supplied by ATS. Take care SMR.

Golden Shellback

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
the whole war may not be about oil but it a part of it....heres something to think about

why isn't the u.s. helping in africa??

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oil Has A Lot To Do With It

There's a lot more to this whole business than oil, but even if we assume for the sake of argument that this is exclusively about oil, the question remains: Do you want to be on the winning side of that contest, or the losing side?

It's not a difficult question to answer, if you answer honestly.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

My original question was genuine curiousity - I wasn't accusing you of telling lies, so there's no need to be patronising and defensive. For your information, I only recently moved to the USA from the UK, although I have travelled all over the US down the years as well as plenty of other places in the world. I bet I've seen more of the USA than most people who have lived there all their life. However, I'm sorry, but I was younger then and didn't really pay much attention to such mundane things as oil wells! Anyway...

I realise there is a lot of oil in the USA. But the fact is over 80% of the worlds oil reserves are in the Middle East. The amount of oil the USA produces itself has been going down for years, and the amount it imports from the Middle East has been growing fast. If the USA could magic-up enough oil to get by without any imports then how did the 1973 oil crisis happen? And, knowing that could happen again at any time, why do they still rely on oil from the Middle East? These again are genuine questions - I'm happy to be proved wrong if I'm missing something...

Oil crunch was the oil companies who claimed to be short of supply. We were not. I remember gas went up shortly after Nixon got caught in watergate scandel. Oil Companies took advantage of raising prices.

I do aplogize to to you for being forward. Like I said before, I knew people in the oil business when I did live in Wyoming.

This link is date 10/15/2004
www.freerepublic.com...
and another to think upon.
www.internet-grocer.net...

They found oil reserves in the artic that can last 300 years. They have been scouting about across the globe. Here in America we can supply ourselves, if the enviormentalist were not opposing wells. Then we have the capped well I was talking about just laying out here in America waiting to be pumped out. But it could creat problems for plants and animals if oil companies were to drill for oil. I personally believe we are in need of new energy, I would hate to lose plants and animals.
Sorry, I did not get to you sooner,curio, been busy and trying to catch up with posts.
Basically, we have enough oil to last till we figure out new energy. But I am upset with the government on this topic due to buying from oversea.
Take care, curio, I do aplogize for being so forward with you. I guess because I heard it for over thirty years of how we have no oil in this country, when we do in fact can be self suffient in oil. If I had a choice between a car and a horse. I would chose the horse any day. Take care and see ya around. Trying to catch up with posts on ATS, been away for awhile.

Golden Shellback..........................................King Neptune Rex Royal Court

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The only thing about the "war for oil" is that I wonder if we have been in Iraq for so long where is the Iraqi oil and where is going, and also where is the revenue that was supposed to pay for reconstruction.

I have not heard much about Iraq oil, so I wonder if anybody here have heard anything about that.

After all Iraq does have plenty of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only thing about the "war for oil" is that I wonder if we have been in Iraq for so long where is the Iraqi oil and where is going, and also where is the revenue that was supposed to pay for reconstruction.

I have not heard much about Iraq oil, so I wonder if anybody here have heard anything about that.

After all Iraq does have plenty of it.

I have not come across anything or heard as of yet myself. But I think a while back something was sad about an attack on one of the oil rigs that was set on fire by the terrorist up North of the region. I do not want to control their oil wells, that is their problem, not ours.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join