It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the humble sandwich a climate change culprit?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sure. What this study shows is how something simple, like a sandwich, can and does produce carbon in the process of growing/raising it's various ingredients.
Man, it's CARBON DIOXIDE. Carbon is an element, you don't just produce carbon, it's an indivisible element.

Time for you to get off the forums and continue your education, you've failed basic chemistry.
edit on 25-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

a reply to: network dude

At some point even the hardcore cult believers have to raise the bull# flag. This is ignorant.

How is it bull#?

This seems to me to be a very elementary way of showing the simple-minded how something as mundane as a sandwich can be used to highlight how man can have an affect on how much carbon is produced, which in turn goes in to the environment.

Carbon isn't being 'produced'. You are mistaking the element Carbon for the molecule Carbon Dioxide. You must think diamonds are floating out of tailpipes. Who are the simple minded ones?

www.cfact.org...

And just to be clear, CO2 is a compound made up of more than one molecule.

No, it is not made of up of more than one molecule. It is made up of an element (C) and a single molecule (O2), to form that compound. CO2 is a single molecular compound.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

a reply to: network dude

At some point even the hardcore cult believers have to raise the bull# flag. This is ignorant.

How is it bull#?

This seems to me to be a very elementary way of showing the simple-minded how something as mundane as a sandwich can be used to highlight how man can have an affect on how much carbon is produced, which in turn goes in to the environment.

Carbon isn't being 'produced'. You are mistaking the element Carbon for the molecule Carbon Dioxide. You must think diamonds are floating out of tailpipes. Who are the simple minded ones?

www.cfact.org...

And just to be clear, CO2 is a compound made up of more than one molecule.

No, it is not made of up of more than one molecule. It is made up of an element (C) and a single molecule (O2), to form that compound. CO2 is a single molecular compound.

You are correct. I misspoke and am incorrect.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Do you understand how important C02 is to every living organism on earth?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Do you understand how important C02 is to every living organism on earth?

Yes, I do, but that does not mean it is good to have an over-abundance of it in the atmosphere.

Much like how food is important for every human on earth, but it's not good to eat everything you can get your hands on. It has an opposite effect. It is a detriment to your health.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We need to indict a ham sandwich then deport all the ham sammies back to their #hole countries!!

ETA; they make me produce methane and lots of it.
edit on 1 25 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

ETA; I'm sure I'm responsible for the death of a pod of whales.
edit on 1 25 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Interesting. Farming, ranching, cooking food and all that goes with it increases our carbon footprint as does breathing and flatulence by all animals.

It's reaching the point that the only solution will be the elimination of all animal and human life on the planet. Maybe insects also, do they fart?

No, listen to actual scientists. What matters is fossilized carbon, i.e. coal, oil and gas, that has not been part of the atmosphere and biosphere since the dawn of the evolution of mammals, and far earlier than primates, being dug and burnt by exclusively humans.

If you farm and ranch, and don't use fossil fuel (consider a pre-industrial subsistence civilization), you won't change the climate, because the carbon emitted came originally from the atmosphere, and goes back into the atmosphere. LIke the ecological balance that has persisted for the last 10000 years until 1750. If you change this in a way which is unprecedented in magnitude and speed in geological history, things will be different.

Guess what? to feed 9 billion people, and to do all sorts of other things, people sure as # do use fossil carbon and change the atmosphere to a dangerous extent.

I think you can rightfully call it fanaticism when they go to the level of studying a sandwiches impact on the environment.

Why? Emotional feeling, or quantitative numbers?
edit on 6-2-2018 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2018 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join