It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the humble sandwich a climate change culprit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

please explain the context of this:

Sure. What this study shows is how something simple, like a sandwich, can and does produce carbon in the process of growing/raising it's various ingredients.

That, in turn, is a way of showing how man can have an affect on the environment.

For many, that is a very hard concept to understand and refuse to acknowledge that man has anything to do with rising co2 levels.

If you do accept the concept that man affects co2 production, why do you find the study ignorant, as you stated in the OP? It would be accurate, would it not?

why do you feel the need to say this?

Because I felt like including my own thoughts and it is a sad reality that many do not understand this concept.

was it asked?

No and it was not required for me to post what I did.

Did I imply somehow that man doesn't affect co2?

No and I did not imply that you did imply as much.

Still can't find that quote in which I did?

Or are you just looking for some attention?

Looking for attention as an anonymous internet poster?

How does that make any sense?

Are you trying to somehow deflect from your ridiculous assertions?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

originally posted by: introvert

At some point even the hardcore cult believers have to raise the bull# flag. This is ignorant.

How is it bull#?

This seems to me to be a very elementary way of showing the simple-minded how something as mundane as a sandwich can be used to highlight how man can have an affect on how much carbon is produced, which in turn goes in to the environment.

Carbon isn't being 'produced'. You are mistaking the element Carbon for the molecule Carbon Dioxide. You must think diamonds are floating out of tailpipes. Who are the simple minded ones?

www.cfact.org...

My apologies. Next time I will be more specific.

And just to be clear, CO2 is a compound made up of more than one molecule.

Whoa, dude.! You're like, WAY smart, bro! And I bet , like, 97% of scientists agree!

The "Climate Change" religious movement would have a hard time "researching" their way out of a rolled-up burrito.

But now all I can think about is all those poor sandwiches that could be lost forever....

It seems that studies such as these are made for folks like you that think climate change is nothing more than a belief, but there is actual sciency stuff behind it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Yeah, umm... that's nice...

Shouldn't we be much more concerned with getting as many teams in the field looking for viable breeding pairs of as many distinct species of sammich as possible?

Imagine the loss if, God forbid, roast beef sammiches became extinct? Or even corned beef?

Oh God. Not the Philly Cheesesteak...Noooooooooo.

Why...so...serious??

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

Yeah, umm... that's nice...

Shouldn't we be much more concerned with getting as many teams in the field looking for viable breeding pairs of as many distinct species of sammich as possible?

Imagine the loss if, God forbid, roast beef sammiches became extinct? Or even corned beef?

Oh God. Not the Philly Cheesesteak...Noooooooooo.

Why...so...serious??

I couldn't care less. After a huge change in my diet this year, I do not eat much meat at all. It's not very good for you.

So by all means, go out in the field and breed with whatever animal trips your trigger.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

No grasshopper. Animal not important, only sammich important.

And beer. Always beer.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Interesting. Farming, ranching, cooking food and all that goes with it increases our carbon footprint as does breathing and flatulence by all animals.

It's reaching the point that the only solution will be the elimination of all animal and human life on the planet. Maybe insects also, do they fart?

I think you can rightfully call it fanaticism when they go to the level of studying a sandwiches impact on the environment. I wonder how much funding was wasted on that, which could have gone to something important. In fact I wonder how much money activists and fanatics waste on all of the meaningless studies they do and what good could have been done with the wasted money?

the smallest footprint is that of a homemade ham and cheese sandwich.

Ingredients is one of them, with items like meat in general and pork in particular, cheese, prawns, lettuce, and tomatoes being particularly large footprint culprits.

Pork and cheese produce "particularly" large footprints, but a ham and cheese sandwich produces the smallest footprint. OK, I guess

Soon it will be easier to hire a team of sandwich carbon footprint scientists, than to find someone to fix the plumbing. I'd like to see a study of how much of a carbon footprint is created by politicians and academics as they spew CO2 out of their sandwich holes.

ETA: Sorry, that should have been sammich holes.
edit on 1/25/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Absolutely.

And I missed it, obviously, when posted, but I'd not even considered the global prawn impact, and the potential devastation, that 97% of all scientists believe could happen as soon as 2021. We should put forward an emergency request proposing that the prawn issue be moved to the top of the list. Well, at least 97% of all scientists think we should.

Oh, and 97% of all dentists surveyed, recommend Trident gum, and 97% of all doctors smoke only Lucky Strikes.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Oh, blow it out your wazoo.

Anyone who learned about the process of respiration knows we breath out carbon dioxide every time we exhale.

OH NOES!!!! We all have a carbon footprint and impact the environment simply by living. I suppose we should all take the very important step of reducing that footprint by dying. Amirite?

That's what this study more or less amounts to. Every single food you eat is composed of carbon in some degree and will use some level of effort (which *will* generate CO2) to produce at every level. So, duh, it will impact the freakin' environment.

So the only possible way to not do that is to ... DIE.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sandwiches = climate change.

Women = Sandwiches.

Ergo; Women = Climate Change.

Please Please never ever change,no matter how bleak things start to look on occasion I know you aregoing to let rip with something that will make me smile.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sandwiches = climate change.

Women = Sandwiches.

Ergo; Women = Climate Change.

Please Please never ever change,no matter how bleak things start to look on occasion I know you aregoing to let rip with something that will make me smile.

Yes, children, sometimes you gotsta just stand up and give credit where credit is due.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Interesting. Farming, ranching, cooking food and all that goes with it increases our carbon footprint as does breathing and flatulence by all animals.

It's reaching the point that the only solution will be the elimination of all animal and human life on the planet. Maybe insects also, do they fart?

I think you can rightfully call it fanaticism when they go to the level of studying a sandwiches impact on the environment. I wonder how much funding was wasted on that, which could have gone to something important. In fact I wonder how much money activists and fanatics waste on all of the meaningless studies they do and what good could have been done with the wasted money?

the smallest footprint is that of a homemade ham and cheese sandwich.

Ingredients is one of them, with items like meat in general and pork in particular, cheese, prawns, lettuce, and tomatoes being particularly large footprint culprits.

Pork and cheese produce "particularly" large footprints, but a ham and cheese sandwich produces the smallest footprint. OK, I guess

Soon it will be easier to hire a team of sandwich carbon footprint scientists, than to find someone to fix the plumbing. I'd like to see a study of how much of a carbon footprint is created by politicians and academics as they spew CO2 out of their sandwich holes.

ETA: Sorry, that should have been sammich holes.

I just had an epiphany. Cash in on the greenies. Open a restaurant that makes nothing but ham and cheese sammiches, and bill them as the lowest carbon footprint of any sammich, as recommended by those same 97% of climate scientists. We will have the data to back up our claim, and we can shame the entire state of California into eating at OUR restaurant exclusively.

I'll make the menus and you secure the locations. deal?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Oh my Ketsuko you did not think it through. Ok we breathe out carbon whatever and it would be no good dying as we are a carbon based life so when we die our bodies (Don't know if we were cremated) are our weight in carbon. Well not all of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

some of us scrape bugs off our windshield, and some store them up our behinds. I'm glad my windshield is clean.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed

Network dude I'm from the UK please tell me what Texas Toast is.

Texas Toast is a thick slice of bread, buttered and fried with some garlic flavor. Everything is bigger in Texas.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Seriously what needs to happen is to switch from oh my god the sky is falling mode, to discussing rational ways to move forward.

The climate is changing, fine. Let's use our noodles to discuss how to change with it as animals and humans have done all along. Clearly a sammich study is not going to be of any use to either side.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

in the scientists defense, several of them were able to use this study to pay their mortgage this month, so there is that.

But yea, the fact that someone, somewhere, thought funding this study proves that stupid people exist in positions of power where they shouldn't.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I gotta tell ya, I just had breakfast for lunch, so I'm a bad bad boy. Bacon and eggs!!!

It's not just the wasted money, it's also what could have been done with the money otherwise. The lunatics are indeed running the asylum. Floating an egg in saltwater to teach something in grade school science might be an excellent waste of a dollar, but this crap is like burning $100 bills just to see if they burn.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Just had a pepperoni pizza , and sausage sandwiches for lunch (all true) .

You bring the sincere ignorance , I'll bring the conscientious stupidity

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sadly, many people still deny man has anything to do with it, despite the things you find to be common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

some of us scrape bugs off our windshield, and some store them up our behinds. I'm glad my windshield is clean.

Well, guess that is one way of being chicken#.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join