It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the humble sandwich a climate change culprit?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
newatlas.com...

What the researchers found was that not all sandwiches are created equal and that some varieties have larger carbon footprints than others. The highest footprint was found in premade, prepackaged, all-day-breakfast sandwiches. These contain eggs, bacon, and sausage and are kept packaged and refrigerated until sold and eaten – all of which is estimated to add up to 1,441 g (3.18 lb) of carbon dioxide equivalent, or roughly the same as driving a car for 12 miles (19 km).

Wait, so somewhere, someone, decided that a study of how sandwiches effect AGW needed to be done? And, smack my face and call me Grace, they found a link!!!! WHat makes sandwiches different than say, meatloaf? they didn't do a study on how meatloaf can add to our warming climate, that's likely next on the agenda of "things we MUST know".

At some point even the hardcore cult believers have to raise the bull# flag. This is ignorant.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

97 percent of C02 molecules agree, they are not manmade.

edit on 25-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As much as I do love and respect those intelligent enough to become Scientists and Researchers, etc.....

Jesus sometimes I wish I had just powered through school and done it, so I could get paid to do experiments on ridiculous nonsense..... Though with that being said I guess all knowledge no matter how random or seemingly to me irrelevant is a good thing to have on file.

Cool?

-Alee

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

I wonder if it's all sandwiches, or just some. I'd throw in the race card of they pick on PB&J. You can't disgrace the holy grail of sammiches. Now I'm hungry.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
As much as I do love and respect those intelligent enough to become Scientists and Researchers, etc.....

Jesus sometimes I wish I had just powered through school and done it, so I could get paid to do experiments on ridiculous nonsense..... Though with that being said I guess all knowledge no matter how random or seemingly to me irrelevant is a good thing to have on file.

Cool?

-Alee

I suppose we can all sleep a bit better knowing that this conundrum has been solved. Al Gore must be gleaming with pride about now.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Sandwiches = climate change.

Women = Sandwiches.

Ergo; Women = Climate Change.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm sure that sandwiches do cause AGW--I mean, I think that the theory is crap, and I eat sandwiches nearly every day for lunch, therefore using AGW logic, I'm probably killing penguins somewhere.

WLYB?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I almost spat out my drink...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Women = Sandwiches.

Its funny that you say that. Someone should do a study and see if we release more CO2 when we have hot flashes or during "That time". Hot flashes like to make you think you're going through your own climate change.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

At some point even the hardcore cult believers have to raise the bull# flag. This is ignorant.

How is it bull#?

This seems to me to be a very elementary way of showing the simple-minded how something as mundane as a sandwich can be used to highlight how man can have an affect on how much carbon is produced, which in turn goes in to the environment.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

How is it bull#?

This seems to me to be a very elementary way of showing the simple-minded how something as mundane as a sandwich can be used to highlight how man can have an affect on how much carbon is produced, which in turn goes in to the environment.

Carbon isn't being 'produced'. You are mistaking the element Carbon for the molecule Carbon Dioxide. You must think diamonds are floating out of tailpipes. Who are the simple minded ones?

www.cfact.org...

edit on 25-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

How is it bull#?

and to my surprise, it's YOU who seems to think this is a good use of science money and theory. You are a special person, and I hope you never change. the smiles you provide are life saving.

Tell me, if we stopped the art of sammich making altogether, would that fix anything? Would it make a few polar bears sleep better at night?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Women = Sandwiches.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Get off yer horse and drink yer milk!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Women = Sandwiches.

Its funny that you say that. Someone should do a study and see if we release more CO2 when we have hot flashes or during "That time". Hot flashes like to make you think you're going through your own climate change.

-Alee

And bears!

What's the carbon footprint for killing or capturing and relocating all the bears that women attract during "that time"?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No. PB&J would likely be especially damning because most of the world thinks peanut butter is disgusting. I think it's a mostly Western food, so it would have to be a big culprit. You know because it's mostly the fault of the Western world that we have climate change.

You can have as many baozi or rou jia mo or perhaps you'd prefer an aloo slice or beetroot with cheese? They don't cause any warming at all ...
edit on 25-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

How is it bull#?

Carbon isn't being 'produced'. You are mistaking the element Carbon for the molecule Carbon Dioxide. You must think diamonds are floating out of tailpipes. Who are the simple minded ones?

www.cfact.org...

My apologies. Next time I will be more specific.

And just to be clear, CO2 is a compound made up of more than one molecule.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I heard that sandwiches and meatloaf leave vaportrails in the upper atmosphere. But don't worry, there are no chemicals in them, only water.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

and to my surprise, it's YOU who seems to think this is a good use of science money and theory.

Where did I say that?

You are a special person, and I hope you never change. the smiles you provide are life saving.

Simple minds are easily amused.

Tell me, if we stopped the art of sammich making altogether, would that fix anything? Would it make a few polar bears sleep better at night?

Fix anything? Not sure. I doubt it.

But what this does do is show, in a very simple way, how man can have an affect on co2 production that finds it's way to the environment.

Not sure why that is so hard to understand, but that seems to be where we are this day and age.
edit on 25-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Women = Sandwiches.

-Alee

And bears!

What's the carbon footprint for killing or capturing and relocating all the bears that women attract during "that time"?

Oh my god..... I hadn't even considered that. Dare I look into the rabbit hole?!

-Alee

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join