It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

most-powerful 'SUPER LASERS' that can RIP holes in space

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Another good link. A very specific use case for the Raytheon patent. Maybe some of them come from the vacuum after all. Also helps to explain the random gamma emmisions (the sometimes 3 and sometimes 5) through the Breit-Wheeler process.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deluxe

Your not technically creating something from nothing. The easiest read for the basics would be something like Hawking Radiation from a black hole. This works on a much more advanced concept of the same general idea (vacuum polarization/binefringence). Also, Dirac energy is a good place to start. Basically, if you get two photons with enough energy to collide, you get a position and it's anti-particle pair, an electron. These almost instantly decay into two 511KeV photons (see Fenyman Diagram). It's definitely counter-intuitive on macro scale, as most ask how can the collision of two massless particles produce two particles with actual mass. QED will definitely make your head hurt for sure.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Why can't we leave stuff alone? Why, as Humans, do we always need to "rip holes" in stuff?

Hrm.

Because it's fun to blow sh1t up!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I may be thinking about this entirely wrong, but wouldn't being able to pull antimatter out of nothing be an enormous step in...well, everything power-related? The amounts produced would be incomprehensibly small at first, but if we can work out the basics, that's a path to effectively unlimited energy. If you can generate antimatter on the fly, you're not just talking powerplants, but making interstellar space travel possible.

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Will it rip into the Suns layer or the black hole density?

Why don't they quit pretending the sun is a thing already. Its obviously a pinhole leaking light from heaven. And they want to make another one. Just as predicted in the texts. A false messiah.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Maybe this is the cover story and the purpose is to power a craft in space via a solar sail - might be pretty cool!

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Why can't we leave stuff alone? Why, as Humans, do we always need to "rip holes" in stuff?

Hrm.

Ripping a hole in space/time is actually what has been theorized we need to do in order to be able to travel to other stars in our lifetime. It could be the beginnings of an Einstein-Rosen Bridge otherwise known as a wormhole.

Why does everyone's thoughts automatically think the worst? Lack of education on the subject would be my guess.......

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Double.
edit on 22/2/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyBizzler

I understand that in empty space virtual particles pop in and out of existence.
I've also read that with enough energy these virtual particles can be separated and become real particles.
I was thinking that this experiment did exactly that.

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Deluxe

Pretty much. While this is actually has real scientific potential, it's primarily a 'show of force' to say that they MAY have a very specific capability that the US government is 'alleged' to have had for quite a while. Or at least that to show other folks watching that even if it's not the same mechanism as the 'other', they are close and will figure it out sooner or later.
edit on 23-2-2018 by DirtyBizzler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

That is spot on! And very Star Trek (matter-antimatter reaction for power generation). The “warp field” may not be necessary so maybe some kind of shield of some sorts.

I keep saying a UFO has to be the ultimate recycling machine ever made but nobody thinks that way. We are conditioned on a throwaway society that we are not really ready for star travel.

Which is good because this laser has not been made. Or even proved to shave antiparticles from the quantum sea! I t is fun to imagineer!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join