It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Wait, Nunes Hasn't Seen the Classified Material Purportedly Cited in the Memo?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

There's another pattern emerging. With weak replies on a personal level from the same type of utter idiots, who proudly wear their soldier-spy-spook badges on ATS, holding high hopes we'd ignore them for their stupid ad hom arguments sake.

Post a pro-trump thread then? I'll play.

edit on 25-1-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Grambler

So Wray, Sessions, Rodstein all trump picks for cabinet positions are bad picks? So trump has terrible judgement?

I didnt see where wray and sessions were mentioned.

But yeah, perhaps trump did chose poorly.

Whatever the investigation finds, it seems that Manafort is at least very shady, and trump picked him.

And not only have I criticized him for that pick, but I have done so for others as well (like goldman sachs employees)

All of that is irrelevant though to the idea of intel and law enforcement agents acting corrupt.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
gee, the hand the memo they want released over to the FBI for review and maybe it will come back to them with a few changes to be made...
or, they release the memo as is, and it outs one of the intelligence gatherers....
you tell me, which one does the most harm here!!!

If the situation is as bad as the GOP is implying, the alleged abuse is a clear threat to our democratic process and the public interest likely overrides all other concerns. Releasing it to the FBI/DOJ first would just give them a chance to organize a counter-strategy and to control the narrative ahead of a public release.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You missed my point. Which is perhaps Wray, Rodstein, and whatever capacity sessions can are actually doing a real investigation since they are not needing re-elect and the partisans are trying to use the information for their bases. Hence holding back material from these hacks.

Like I said the same idiots also have stopped debate in the Senate and Congress over the surveillance program and in fact voted for an expansion.

Seems like political bs.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yeah I was with Paul on wanting a debate over fisa.

And yes, perhaps nunes et al are just using this for political points.

However, that is irrelevant to the question of rather the material is true or not.

And it would not be unthinkable for someone to vote for fisa re-authorization to combat terrorism while at the same time being outraged at the domestic abuses of fisa. I would argue it is shortsighted and dumb, but certainly ot does not prove their concerns over the abuse are not sincere.

If the dossier was used to get a fisa warrant, that is corruption on an almost unprecedented scale.

Hoepfully we will be able to see the memo soon and the underlying intel.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Apparently not. Only Gowdey and Schiff saw the classified information the memo was based on.just more distraction.hey how bout that trump volunteering to talk to Mueller?
Until his lawyers say whoa whoa hold on thar... he was a bit hasty.

About two weeks from now.
edit on 1252018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

that's a big if there!! but, sure, it's not like the poliwogs in washington have never sacrifice the intelligence operatives for their personal political gain is it....
or wait a minute, a name keeps circulating in my mind... a Valarie Plame....

The CIA goes to great lengths to protect all of its employees, providing at significant taxpayers' expense painstakingly devised and creative covers for its most sensitive staffers. The harm that is done when a CIA cover is blown is grave, but I can't provide details beyond that in this public hearing. But the concept is obvious. Not only have breaches of national security endangered CIA officers, it has jeopardized and even destroyed entire networks of foreign agents, who in turn risk their own lives and those of their families to provide the United States with needed intelligence. Lives are literally at stake

en.wikipedia.org...

According to her sources, "the damage assessment ... called a 'counter intelligence assessment to agency operations' was conducted on the orders of the CIA's then-Deputy Director of the Directorate of Operation James Pavitt... [and showed] 'significant damage to operational equities.'"

Alexandrovna also reports that while Plame was undercover she was involved in an operation identifying and tracking weapons of mass destruction technology to and from Iran, suggesting that her outing "significantly hampered the CIA's ability to monitor nuclear proliferation." Her sources also stated that the outing of Plame also compromised the identity of other covert operatives who had been working, like Plame, under non-official cover status. These anonymous officials said that in their judgment, the CIA's work on WMDs has been set back "ten years" as a result of the compromise.[198]

MSNBC correspondent David Shuster reported on Hardball later, on May 1, 2006, that MSNBC had learned "new information" about the potential consequences of the leaks: "Intelligence sources say Valerie Wilson was part of an operation three years ago tracking the proliferation of nuclear weapons material into Iran. And the sources allege that when Mrs. Wilson's cover was blown, the Administration's ability to track Iran's nuclear ambitions was damaged as well. The White House considers Iran to be one of America's biggest threats."[199]

from same source as above....

According to some reports after that "fake" dossier was published, steele gathered up his family and went into hiding and we saw an unusual number of russians, some high ranking, arrested, killed, or just disappear.
I

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Apparently not. Only Gowdey and Schiff saw the classified information the memo was based on.just more distraction.hey

What is your proof of this?

Boyd letter, who himself hasnt even seen the memo? So how would he know what intel it was based on?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Amash also made a similar proposal in the house, my question is htf would you not debate this and pass an expansion of the fisa system?

If this wasn't partisan bs what would the harm be in debating how the system failed, if it did, and making safeguards against that failure? The ammendment bill did nothing of the sort.

I am sorry but for all the true believers here IMO it's every bit as bad as going on schiff and his cronies words.

Not to mention if there is an actual investigation in process trying to the these bad players down the memo will only slow it down or destroy it in the trial and evidence process.

IMO given the absolute cherades taking place and people like hanity declaring things with zero evidence but liars mouths it's absolute garbage.

I seriously doubt the supporting evidence would ever be released and the memo itself will be greatly redacted.

Yet the base will claim look how damning this is.
I would almost bet my car on it. But it's a minivan so...
edit on 25-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

some are claiming that Mueller wanting to interview trump might be a sign that he is about at the end of his investigation...
god, I hope so!!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Maybe its true, maybe it isn't. We'll find out soon enough. But *IF* it is, then they're right not to provide it to the very people involved.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Which is exactly what waving a document you can't share and claiming it's the smoking gun is doing.
Raising an emotional response with flaming headlines about corruption when the targets all seem to be people Comey shared his memos with is suspect to me. They are trying g to destroy the reputation of the FBI.
What happens next time a child is abducted? The people slam the door in the face of the law. They will get no respect. That okay with you?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

then maybe they should just keep it among themselves, just in case they are wrong???
especially since we might have a bunch of russian bots out there practically demanding that they be released??

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

then maybe they should just keep it among themselves, just in case they are wrong???
especially since we might have a bunch of russian bots out there practically demanding that they be released??

Here we go with the russian bots.

Russian bots have also facilitated anti trump rallies.

SO should we stop any of those from happening because these bots are pushing it?

Look if you dont want the memo released, or have concerns, I find that perfectly reasonable.

But all of these people screeching about russian bots only when its convenient for them is absurd.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The FBI is doing a good job of it on its own.

DOJ too.

A fish rots from the head down.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Members are NEVER the subject of a thread.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You work for them and know this or just what you see on tv?

In other words Trump has terrible judgement and can't pick people to run the cabinets.

Or possibly the actual investigation doesn't take place on the Hannity and Alex Jones show...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Oh I think so too. At least for the obstruction charges which I see as cut and dried but I'm not on the decision making committee. Too bad.
I do believe that an investigation regarding Russia's involvement and trumps cooperation or not is going to continue. I think the money is on that.
Money laundering and very shady real estate deals. I think trump is up to his eyeballs in #.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION is considering a set of proposals developed by Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a retired CIA officer — with assistance from Oliver North, a key figure in the Iran-Contra scandal — to provide CIA Director Mike Pompeo and the White House with a global, private spy network that would circumvent official U.S. intelligence agencies, according to several current and former U.S. intelligence officials and others familiar with the proposals. The sources say the plans have been pitched to the White House as a means of countering “deep state” enemies in the intelligence community seeking to undermine Donald Trump’s presidency.

theintercept.com...

According to media reports, the president might hand private contractors the day-to-day task of advising the flagging Afghan security forces. Erik Prince, founder of the private security firm Blackwater Worldwide, is calling to replace US troops in Afghanistan with private military companies (PMCs). Prince’s idea isn’t new — he first laid out this plan in a Wall Street Journal article in May, calling for the United States to delegate decision-making responsibilities to a «viceroy» and military efforts to private contractors, who would remain in Afghanistan for an indeterminate amount of time.

www.strategic-culture.org...

Steve Bannon, Trump's chief strategist, and Jared Kushner, the president's senior adviser and son-in-law, called in Erik Prince, who founded the Blackwater private-security firm, and Stephen Feinberg, a billionaire who owns military contractor DynCorp, to create proposals to use contractors in Afghanistan rather than US troops.

www.businessinsider.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join