It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Calls for ‘Breakthrough’ for Unity in Unusual Message to All Koreans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
In a strange twist, North Korea calls for Unity? Anyone find this odd?

north-korea.news...=528203

Full story here

North Korea Calls for Unity

Do I find this odd? No, because its all about survival.

The future of both Korera's are inextricably co-dependent for survivability and their future.

If the US govt nukes NK, it will have also have a devastating effect on the south Korean pole was well. Politics separates the governments but it unlikly to separate the people themselves.

Perhaps for the first time the NK'orans have realised this, perhaps it because they have both realised how much impact a US strike would impact on both Koreas and how that could possibly set their economic development back a hundred years.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yes, weird response from NK. It's almost as though he's taken on an entirely new Identity.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Do I find this odd? No, because its all about survival.

If that's the case, he's doing a really # job of masking it.

Kim might just be the 'mad joker' playing russian roulette with one of his skitzophrenic identities. But really, who knows right? I doubt he's come to jesus or muhammad and turning over a new leaf.
edit on 25-1-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Here’a a hypothesis On NK

If NK is a CIA state, and Trump is cleaning up the CIA now, then the whole north South Korea enigma is over and they should be re united. Kim is just a puppet and his banter with Trump was to divert the media.

A statement that caught my eye was it was suggested that the Koreas would unite on their own without external interference.
This is how Trump explained the Gulf countries forming a cooperative (Saudi and UAE I think) without US interference, and Trump made almost the same statement on that.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I think it's ironic that Kim thought that making nuclear missiles would stop what comes next and instead it's the justification for what comes next.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: passit
Here’a a hypothesis On NK

If NK is a CIA state, and Trump is cleaning up the CIA now, then the whole north South Korea enigma is over and they should be re united. Kim is just a puppet and his banter with Trump was to divert the media.

A statement that caught my eye was it was suggested that the Koreas would unite on their own without external interference.
This is how Trump explained the Gulf countries forming a cooperative (Saudi and UAE I think) without US interference, and Trump made almost the same statement on that.

I like your analogy on this, a lot.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

And a few trillion in natural resources.

Like what?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Gold, zinc, magnesite, iron, copper, coal, rare earth minerals...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

I think Jong-Un is trying to break SK's alliance with the US.

That's what NK have wanted all along, ever since the end of the Korean War.

Of course, if SK does get fired with patriotism and wants to join hands with their brothers north of the border, that would leave the US out in the cold.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I liked what passit said, what do you think?

I'm not so sure about SK making amends with NK at this point, there's too much hate between them.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I don't know about NK being a CIA state, don't even know what that means.

Hate between the Koreas? There's hatred from the NK govt towards the south, or has been. But why? Because the south is an ally of the West, more particularly the US.

I don't believe South Koreans 'hate' the North. I do believe that many in the south are terrified of the spectacle of war/invasion.

Friendly tones coming from NK would be warmly received from such people.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There is really nowhere else he can go, is there? The stalemate dictates that if he acted first, he would die, and we would never act first, because we do not have to. The sanctions will cause them to have less than what they do not have, and we have had a glimpse of the overall health of people, especially in his military.

I would like to go with things are going to change, but there is no reason for us to cause the violence that would certainly erupt.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

And a few trillion in natural resources.

Like what?

you had authority to make a snide remark about the two koreas United without trump going to war, yet dont really know what is around the north peninsula or whats at stake or what the US is really after or why NK is an enemy when they haven't harmed a single soul in a conflict since their last border war, or bombed any countries or spied on any countries or overthrow any government or sell arms to?

im shocked.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The Koreas united under Trump without a war, wouldn't that be a scream...lol

Yeah and stupid mueller could start ww3 if he’s not careful!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
Gold, zinc, magnesite, iron, copper, coal, rare earth minerals...

Yep, NK is choc full of goodies. Amazing that extrozero wasn't aware of that fact.

Eta: I remember reading years ago that Afghanistan was also packed full of rare metals and minerals. I wonder if any of those resources have been exploited yet?
edit on 25-1-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I know a couple guys that went to South Korea, they warned me about going into specific districts because of their hate for white people. In other words if they see you, and you're white, they'll attack you. That's all I know, and these guys are like brothers to me. It's all a # mind game as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I know a couple guys that went to South Korea, they warned me about going into specific districts because of their hate for white people. In other words if they see you, and you're white, they'll attack you. That's all I know, and these guys are like brothers to me. It's all a # mind game as far as i'm concerned.

Surprising but not a shock.

It's only in the West that people are brainwashed into accepting different races.

Otherwise mass immigration would be a tad problematic.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Ummm...I was in South Korea...twice...for extended stays...I loved it there...they have an amazing culture...

I never experienced any hostility or hatred of "the round eye"...not saying there aren't such pockets of hatred...just stating I never experienced it...

The one Factor that you haven't discussed yet...is that South Korea's new president...rabidly hates the Japanese...It is his ultimate goal to unify the South and North...however...NOT under the umbrella of "Little rocket man"...

Chew on that thought for a while...

YouSir
edit on 25-1-2018 by YouSir because: too many the's...spoil the broth...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Sure there are great places there, but there are also NO Zones. You probably didn't enter so you dont know about them.

The one Factor that you haven't discussed yet...is that South Korea's new president...rabidly hates the Japanese

Well, that should be # loads of fun for them. I doubt they'll be entering a hug fest any time soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

North and South Korea used to have a policy of working towards reunification not too long ago. In 2000, South Korea's Kim Dae-jung even won the Nobel Peace Prize for his work on reunification called the "Sunshine Policy".

<< 1    3 >>

join