It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you issue a ICBM alert?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Does anybody know the process for issueing a ICBM emergency alert in the state of Hawai'i? Is it the same in all states? Do the state governments issue the alert on the say so of the feds? Has anybody else heard about the tourist boat 100 miles out of honolulu that saw a "meteor" being shot down? Wtf happned cause im not buying the " he just pressed one wrong button" Mile hogh BS.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkang

citation required [ for " tourist boat " annecdote ]

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
My well informed guess, is that the alert would come from Pacific Air Forces Command... whether directly detected, or relayed from NORAD.

Civil Defense alerts should follow quickly thereafter. Should...

edit on 25-1-2018 by madmac5150 because: Gattafinga!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Considering Hawaii doesn't have a system to shoot down an ICBM, I'd say the account of a missile being shot down was BS.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

The alert goes from NORAD to PACCOM to EMS and they put the alert out. NORAD sees the launch on SBIRS and sends an emergency message to PACCOM.

link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Considering Hawaii doesn't have a system to shoot down an ICBM, I'd say the account of a missile being shot down was BS.

I dont think the anti ballistic missile system would have to be in Hawaii for a missile heading for Hawaii to be shot down

link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

citation required [ for " tourist boat " annecdote ]
it's an unconfirmed report that's why I put it in the post with a question mark to see if anybody knew anything about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

a reply to: madmac5150

The alert goes from NORAD to PACCOM to EMS and they put the alert out. NORAD sees the launch on SBIRS and sends an emergency message to PACCOM.
that's informative thank you but I meant the process by which the man presses one button and the other goes out is that the real process?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You are very wise! The "press the wrong button" excuse is most likely a lie. And the big boss there said that he couldn't turn off the Alert for 37 minutes, because he couldn't remember his password for deactivating the warning.

Unfortunately, we may not ever know what REALLY happened.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

If they saw something that means the missile would be in the reentry phase. The missile defense system is in California and Alaska, and is designed to stop a missile in the midcourse phase. Why didn't anyone see the interceptors being fired? That's a huge signature and they would fire multiple missiles at it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You are very wise! The "press the wrong button" excuse is most likely a lie. And the big boss there said that he couldn't turn off the Alert for 37 minutes, because he couldn't remember his password for deactivating the warning.

Unfortunately, we may not ever know what REALLY happened.

I'm so sick of this # where the public we were right #ing know as long as it doesn't compromise National Security

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

If they saw something that means the missile would be in the reentry phase. The missile defense system is in California and Alaska, and is designed to stop a missile in the midcourse phase. Why didn't anyone see the interceptors being fired? That's a huge signature and they would fire multiple missiles at it.
I know that's what I thought too unless we can fire anti-ballistic missiles from a submarine?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

No. The only ship based interceptor system has to be fired from either a cruiser or destroyer, and it's not capable of hitting an ICBM.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The process isn't really important, as long as you scare the population into supporting military action.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A third world country would probably use a megaphone.a reply to: Czulkang

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It falls in the list of a giant sun ejection or a large meteor strike or any other doomsday "reason". FORGET IT.
Do not waste an ounce of thought on it. YOU have no power to do anything. If it happens you will have a small amount of notice and a front row seat to one of the worlds biggest firework displays.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Hawaii charter boat group witnessed explosion in sky on morning of false missile alert

www.intellihub.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

A third hand account. It still doesn't change the fact that not one person saw an interceptor fired. They would have had to come from California or Alaska, and there would have been multiple launches. So why didn't anyone see them?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's issued here : www.youtube.com...

Were NATO-EU punks suddenly feeling lucky to cross the Ukrainian border in the coming weeks!

new topics

top topics

join