It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captured UFOs? Reverse Engineering? Disclosure? REALLY?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Which doesn't change the point.

Avro 606A

The one under the 606A is the Soviet VTP-1.

The last one is fake. This is the real one.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

wow thats surprising!
i thought the soviet one was an hoax!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

There's some evidence that the design was real, but being that it was post WWII Soviet Union we'll probably never have absolute confirmation either way.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Frisbees are so 70,s..

Or

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: Lathroper

lazar's story is crap and so is 99% of the so alleged whistleblowers, the only one that MAYBE could be onto something is mark mcllandish (or whoever you write his name) with his "ARV" and even then his story has something fishy that i cant quite place my finger on

I can't join you in your admiration of Mark McCandlish. I Googled the name and got this:

Is there a Secret Space Program?
Zero Point Energy: The power source behind the Secret Space Program and Trump Card of the Break-away Civilization . How the back-engineering of off-world technology created powerful leverage for corporations to take over control of world government, establish an internationally-manned, secret space program and break-away civilization. Based on eye-witness accounts and insider information, Mr. McCandlish takes the audience through a series of revelations as to how remarkable breakthrough technology, may have been back-engineered from recovered or captured off-world vehicles, enabled aerospace and defense-related corporations to hijack control of governments world-wide, create a special access only, secret space program and develop a break-away civilization with its own goals and agenda.

When I read stuff like this my eyes gloss over 'cause I find it irritating that the claims sound worthless with no reality behind them. Secret Space Program? Every space program becomes public to attract attention and, mostly, funding. Anytime something is launched into space all kinds of alarms go off, even when the launch doesn't really happen, as happened recently. Off-world technology? Never heard of it and no one is exhibiting such. Take control of world government? Where? Who? When? Break-away civilization? Silly talk.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

wow wow wow wow!
stop right here!
where are the links to that cool stuff you say?

I'm always cool!

What cool stuff do you want the links to?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I usually go with the Chinese 727 story when it comes to reverse engineering. According to the story China took the two 727s that were sold to them when Boeing tried to open the market, and copied them, building their own.

Supposedly one of the Boeing higher ups was shown around it, and when he tried to move the control column, couldn't even budge it. He went on to say it would take a gorilla to move the flight controls.

That was with a similar tech base as the starting point.

That was actually the Boeing 717 (formerly known as the McDonnell-Douglas MD-80/MD-90/DC-9) which the Chinese (failed) to copy as the ARJ-21

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1

My father had subscriptions to both Popular Science and Popular Mechanics. I remember reading them as a kid and marveling over the futuristic things I would see in my life. Most never came to being. What gets me is I remember back in those days they illustrated how super ships would be on the horizon. Fast forward decades and the magazine had an article about... you guessed it. Super ships on the horizon.

Makes me feel as if we are in The Matrix and we are stuck in time at our pinnacle of society. lol.

What a way to form another niche in our economy selling and consuming the idea that there are UFO/UAP zipping around our atmosphere leaving behind fuzzy photos and unclear videos while all along The Government has UFOs that crashed and is trying to put a lid on everything. What a way to sell products and services in our economy, eh? Nice History Channel series profits and job creation because people want to believe.

Every month since the 1950s I used to devour each issue and other magazines I didn't mention. They were my college/university. I learned about cars from Tom McCahill and I rode on all of his road tests from the safety of my chair. I loved that bald-headed man, Mechanix Illustraed! I built Sweet 16 speaker systems from Popular Electronics and then hefted them via subway and Greyhound bus to my audio sales room at Lafayette Electronics in New Jersey! Those were the days when your brain was being fed all kinds of new technology.

Surprisingly, there were not that many articles about UFOs. New aviation concepts but no new fuel-less methods. Shows that Roswell didn't really have the impact most young people think it did. And if it hadn't been for Stanton T. Friedman in 1978 and Charles Berlitz and William Moore in 1980 that industry might have never happened, But, alas, it happened.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

The Rosetta Deception

Please tell me why you think I would be interested in old events that I lived through. The cold war, ghost rockets, American and Soviet spies, etc., hold no water for the present. Times have changed and everything is new. There will always be spies, conspiracies, etc., but none of it is affecting current events. We have more undesirables in present day governments, mostly driven by crooked politicians and people who seem to have more power over various government agencies that do not filter down to the Average Joe on the street.

Perhaps you'll point out what interested you about the book.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

It proves that in 1946 the intelligence agencies of
various agencies faked one of the most famous
"UFO" incidents of all time, and then Roswell
occurred.

but if history that heavily shaped our modern
world and continues to heavily shape it
has no interest for you, like for most
people, then just ignore the information.

I'm unsubbing from this post.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

It proves that in 1946 the intelligence agencies of
various agencies faked one of the most famous
"UFO" incidents of all time, and then Roswell
occurred.

but if history that heavily shaped our modern
world and continues to heavily shape it
has no interest for you, like for most
people, then just ignore the information.

I'm unsubbing from this post.

I don't understand. What agencies faked what most famous "UFO" incident of all time and what is it's connection to Roswell that had nothing to do with a UFO and all the news about what occurred there were made public except for the secret Mogul project? Nothing worldshaking has ever happened!

Don't go, and you can't "unsub".

Open up, don't be shy. Express yourself! I want to hear what you have to say.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

This was long before the ARJ-21. And at this point, my standard answer is form follows function most of the time. This was an exact copy however. In the case of the ARJ-21, there are no 717s in China for them to direct copy, like there were with the 727s.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

do you have an link?
edit on 27-1-2018 by humanoidlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

yes sadly recently he met some..... "interesting" people and he sucks now
i am talking about his earlier work and even then its likely bs

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

videos of those portal stuff you say
and the animals

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

To an official site, no, hence the "there's some evidence, but we'll probably never know for sure".

But you can find tidbits like this around.

Skrzhinsky-Wiesske VTP - 1

Herr Wiesske actually was a former fighter pilot of the Luftwaffe, but that was not an impassable obstacle for his engineering activation during the DDR epoch. I do have somewhere in my library even the article about him and his charming little concept, which was revived in early nineties, this time as a helicopter design submitted by the Phillip Morris Design Prize winner, Herr Alex Faller (Reaktionshubschrauber).

www.ww2incolor.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

wow thats quite weird, in contrasct the soviets files about their old space program are quite easily avaliable

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: POWMIA

As Zaph pointed out, Northrop was just as far along as the Germans were. If not further.

YB-35.

His work on flying wing design began in the early 1930's, and his design work on the YB-35 began before Pearl Harbor when the army air force asked for design submissions for a strategic long range bomber.

So, no, the Horton brothers were right smart dudes, but to credit them with the design influences on the Spirit would be wrong. That's all Northrop, his dream was the flying wing.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

There's still a lot from the Soviet Union we don't know or that's only recently been declassified.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
Our aircraft all work off of aerodynamic lift, using propulsion to achieve a velocity high enough to use air resistance to overcome the weight of the aircraft and lift it off the ground.

Wrong the air over the wing is accelerated that reduces the pressure as the pressure on the lower surface is greater that produces the lift.

How a wing works

Ahh I see makes sense, thanks for the correction.

Edit: So I take it that increasing velocity of the plane lowers the air pressure on top increasing lift?
edit on 27-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join