It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captured UFOs? Reverse Engineering? Disclosure? REALLY?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Lathroper

The photos are, the designs aren't.

It's understood. I wonder where those designs were stored, if kept.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Most never went past the design or concept stage. After the Avro Aircar debacle and seeing how hard it was going to prove they didn't even try to build them.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Most never went past the design or concept stage. After the Avro Aircar debacle and seeing how hard it was going to prove they didn't even try to build them.

Which proves my thread's intent. There was no other tech than pitiful human. Didn't somebody say: "Hey, what about all of those captured, crashed UFOs that are being reverse-engineered? Why can't we use their tech and move on with out own flying saucer?

Which puts into question Lazar's alleged connection. Perhaps those involved in those projects just didn't have the brain power to understand what they could have been dealing with. To me, it's UFOlogy myths.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I usually go with the Chinese 727 story when it comes to reverse engineering. According to the story China took the two 727s that were sold to them when Boeing tried to open the market, and copied them, building their own.

Supposedly one of the Boeing higher ups was shown around it, and when he tried to move the control column, couldn't even budge it. He went on to say it would take a gorilla to move the flight controls.

That was with a similar tech base as the starting point.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't know about reversed engineer alien tech, but I do believe there exists, some sort of anti-gravity propulsion.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I agree. There are no aliens visiting here, and black projects are probably no where near as advanced as some here like to think they are. Sure though, the government wants to keep everyone guessing.

There is also a strong photographic argument too. The technology has progressed significantly over the last decade or two, and you would expect that there would be significant photographic evidence by now if any of it was true. In that time cameras that have gotten good enough to capture sprites for example are common place, and capturing fireballs, which was a relatively rare thing not that long ago is now commonplace.

I don't buy the argument that they have "cloaking tech". If witnesses have seen them, then so can a camera. They either emit photons or block them. Of course those with "inside knowledge" will claim otherwise, but offer no proof that they are in a position to receive such knowledge, or if they do, you will have to attend a meeting where a hefty attendance fee is charged. The money changing hands alone should be a red flag..

Let's be honest, the "cloaking tech argument" is just a way to get around a very inconvenient question for the believers.

The other huge red flag is that when photographs (or footage) of claimed UFOs are analyzed, the vast majority can easily be shown to be mundane objects/phenomena, which supports the proposition that people misperceive what they see in the sky on a regular basis. Cameras don't lie, so where are the "high speed 90 degree turns", and all the other wild claims people make about UFOs?

There is only one conclusion a rational person can reach when the evidence is weighed up in an un- biassed way. Those waiting for disclosure will just be waiting, and waiting.. and waiting some more.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Chinese use Shaolin trained pilots. they have superior Chi skills to move control stick. not weak like American pilots

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lathroper
However, replying to this just now I got an idea for a Frisbee-type throwing flyer that would have a solid, flat bottom to more accurately resemble a wing's characteristics. Maybe not a flat bottom but with a gentle edge-to-edge curvature.

What I thought was some kind of scoop-like (like a Star Trek symbol) texture on the upper side of the saucer itself that when the disc was rotating it would allow decent laminar airflow on one side of the disc but disrupt the flow on the other, creating different lift on either side, and balancing everything out. Helicopters do this by tilting the blades. I don't know if it would work, but I might be able to patent it for a Frisbee golf disc if it did.

From my experience with Frisbee golf, a real actual Frisbee stays relatively stable for short distances because of the grooves it has on the top, as well as the scooped-out underside. But they aren't good for high-velocity, long distance tosses. And the smaller non-Frisbee brand discs definitely tend to flip over to a degree that in order to get a decent distance you have to throw them nearly underhanded to allow for the flip. Like a paint can lid.
edit on 25-1-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FireballStorm

"if humans can see them than so can cameras."

that's not always true.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: FireballStorm

"if humans can see them than so can cameras."

that's not always true.

There's a reverse to this. Cameras can capture what the eyes don't see. In the middle 2000s when YouTube started I used to enjoy the videos featuring mostly photos of unusual invisible "portal-like" scenes, objects, etc. Much variety before CGI took hold. Aside from the invisible spectrum, there were also infrared videos of strange animals in back yards. And because of those infrared videos I lost the opportunity to videotape a flagrant UFO "hiding" behind a small almost transparent cloud. When I saw it I instantly grabbed my videocam without taking my eye away from the cloud, brought the eyepiece to my eye and saw ... nothing! I had left the infrared filter in the on position from the previous night's attempt to try to video those strange critters in my back yard! And in seconds the UFO was gone. One of my best sightings!

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

This was in 1994, and I was 9 years old, hanging out with a friend. I did, in fact, have a disposable camera, and I did, in fact, try to take pictures - but it was around 9:00 pm at night and the camera I had was not technologically advanced enough to handle it, I developed the pictures and none of them turned out.

I also tried to get my parents to come out and take a look, but they were busy in the kitchen and didn't take me seriously.
edit on 26amFri, 26 Jan 2018 08:43:58 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

if we use your logic then all airplanes are fake
the ones that look kinda suspicious to me is the black one, the disc with an cilinder one, the "nasa photo" and the soviet one

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

not only that one but also the disc with an cilinder one, the black "3d" one and the soviet one
i never found any craft like that in years of research, wich is higly suspicious

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

i have learned trough the years that the only true way to make antigravity work is by making an craft massless, as for how you do that, well your guess is as good as mine however i have heard that making an hipothetical particle called an "antigraviton" is a mean

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

lazar's story is crap and so is 99% of the so alleged whistleblowers, the only one that MAYBE could be onto something is mark mcllandish (or whoever you write his name) with his "ARV" and even then his story has something fishy that i cant quite place my finger on

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

wow wow wow wow!
stop right here!
where are the links to that cool stuff you say?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

My father had subscriptions to both Popular Science and Popular Mechanics. I remember reading them as a kid and marveling over the futuristic things I would see in my life. Most never came to being. What gets me is I remember back in those days they illustrated how super ships would be on the horizon. Fast forward decades and the magazine had an article about... you guessed it. Super ships on the horizon.

Makes me feel as if we are in The Matrix and we are stuck in time at our pinnacle of society. lol.

What a way to form another niche in our economy selling and consuming the idea that there are UFO/UAP zipping around our atmosphere leaving behind fuzzy photos and unclear videos while all along The Government has UFOs that crashed and is trying to put a lid on everything. What a way to sell products and services in our economy, eh? Nice History Channel series profits and job creation because people want to believe.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Uhm, you didn't even get on the same planet as my point. There's a huge difference between a concept drawing and something being fake. Many of those are concept drawings, based on actual designs and ideas. That isn't the same as a fake where someone altered a picture into something else. Or someone trying to pass them off as real.
edit on 1/26/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

of these the only one that is kinda familiar to me is the cilinder one who could have been an early concept for the avrocar
the other ones i dont know

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join