It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAKE NEWS legislation is coming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Whatever happened to common sense? I mean, who actually believed Bat Boy was a real thing... We all looked and went "What a load..." at least, I thought we did.

Is it a sign of the times, that people have become so brainless that they need legislation to force them away from tabloid rags? Or that there is something else more sinister looming? Anyone not toeing the government line shall be sent off to re-education camps and have their soma dose increased? Only state sanctioned news is legal. Anything else is thought crime.

Has reality TV created an actual generation of zombies, incapable of individual thought, that riot en masse over the slightest whiff of whatever it is they're told to riot about? ... wait, I've been watching things lately that actually support that... good god, I fear for the future. These people are the next lawyers, doctors, judges and law enforcers.

Yet there they are, youngsters advocating such things as a communist utopia, incapable of any form of actual reasoning..

900 genders... transspecies flamingo penguins... flags and statues desecrated... sons guilty of their grandfathers sins... I look at what comes across as music these days, and I'm the farthest thing you would consider a religious bloke, but all I see is Sodom and Gomorrah.

Maybe the Chinese will create that super duper laser and poke a hole in the fabric of space, and we'll all just hear an electronic crackling as the entirety of everything crumbles atom by atom into non-existence.

edit on 25-1-2018 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reminds me on the newsbroadcast of the agient series babylon5

a reply to: Revolution9

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

This isn't a ban on "fake news" as much as it is censorship of things that the government doesn't want you to hear.

One red flag is specifying that it will be banned at election time. So, you would have someone of one party in power, telling social media and news outlets what they can and cannot allow to be said.

Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What fake news is that then ? I havent come across anything particularly faked recently . Even there is no example in the op . Maybe its cos I dont read the Onion .
What about the pizza business, where this whole meme started ? The msms branded the crowd source investigation results as fake news . The common shills were just talked over while a full appraisal took place. Are we to assume that Russia invented the molesters , or are these governments perhaps decided to side with the dodgy dealers ? More fool them if that's the case . Its possible that the russian front exacerbated the effect , but then again , what alefantis or others put on their instagrams etc wasnt fake. The fifth estate got a looksee at the foulest and very real conspiracy , estimated to be the worst problem facing appropriate governance, in the past present and future of the entire world. Generalist Molesters in government and state is the last thing that any country needs, but it is the very problem which we suffer, but are/ were expected to ignore. We may be expected to ignore it more
As far as I can see , what the blog/comments sphere offers is more like proper scrutiny than what the msm, or even say the police or security services, can ever realistically offer . Experts are then enabled to critically analyse , while the public present the fuller extent of any paradigms' parameters. At least , the open internet is for the most part under public ownership . If you listen to sky news , then it basically is only Murdoch who is the sole proprietor. I'd rely on the public's diverse viewpoints over his vested interests , every single time . Same goes for Disney / Fox , and all the rest
edit on 25-1-2018 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Actually i was wrong on a point there because the public often cannot discover everything which licenced agencies can , and / but hacking groups eg anonymous occupy a grey area

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join