It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are Businesses colluding with Trump to make his economy look good?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Imagine that another hit piece on Trump without a link.

Shouldn't this be in the rant section?

Besides haven't you heard business is booming even Disney is giving 1,000 dollar bonuses to 150,000 of their employees.

Do you live under a rock?

There is about as much collusion between Trump and big business as there is collusion between Trump and Russia.

Simple answer is No!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Heheheheh.

Irony: a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

Yes, we're happy to see the economy doing well. Trump didn't bring the end of the markets.

Yah that's the one thing I really don't like about trump

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

I'm sure we'll have an increase in the interest rate. Should force a correction.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Of course the corporatocracy is going to support Trump. He is part of them. They are his pals. He's been playing their game for decades (buying politicians). He is only going to make it easier in the long run for them to hide their money offshore, pay next-to-no taxes (if any), send jobs overseas, marginalize the power of the worker, & send even more profits to the top. They made out like bandits under Obama (the Dems are center-right after all), and they will make out like even bigger bandits under Trump.

They (corporations) give the public a little bit of a dog and pony show so it looks like they are throwing them a bone, but in truth, they are merely tossing a few scraps out when the cameras are rolling. Look at the bigger picture. Meanwhile the wealth gap increases in the way it always has under extreme trickle-down economics.

And yet again, so sad to see the corporate suck-ups in this thread continuing to do their dirty work for them. Gross.
edit on 24-1-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Business didn't like Obama because he was a Marxist dickwad who raised taxes and increased regulations.

Business likes Trump because of lower taxes and fewer regulations.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Trump brought a sense of optimism and stability to the markets. Obama brought uncertainty because business never knew which regulatory regime was going to be putting their boot on the necks of business. Under Trump, it is obvious he is pushing back on the constant regulations that drain productivity out of business.

Presidents can have an impact on business at the margins with their policies. However, the biggest impact they have is creating an atmosphere that encourages business and investment which is what Trump has done. He is telling businesses, hey invest, we aren't going to tax you to death and drive you insane with regulations. On the other hand, Obama told businesses "You didn't build that..." "Pay more taxes" and you need more regulation. If you are a business, which President are you going to invest under? It should be obvious.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Trump brought a sense of optimism and stability to the markets. Obama brought uncertainty because business never knew which regulatory regime was going to be putting their boot on the necks of business. Under Trump, it is obvious he is pushing back on the constant regulations that drain productivity out of business.

Presidents can have an impact on business at the margins with their policies. However, the biggest impact they have is creating an atmosphere that encourages business and investment which is what Trump has done. He is telling businesses, hey invest, we aren't going to tax you to death and drive you insane with regulations. On the other hand, Obama told businesses "You didn't build that..." "Pay more taxes" and you need more regulation. If you are a business, which President are you going to invest under? It should be obvious.

Good points, but I'd just note for the past 10 years there have been more small business failures than successes. I'm waiting to see what Trump's policies will do, I have to admit I am skeptical that he favors small business formation.

Small businesses are what generate wage increases, competition with corporations. If corporations have no competition they are not going to pay their employees more.

So I'll wait and see.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

originally posted by: Edumakated

Good points, but I'd just note for the past 10 years there have been more small business failures than successes. I'm waiting to see what Trump's policies will do, I have to admit I am skeptical that he favors small business formation.

Small businesses are what generate wage increases, competition with corporations. If corporations have no competition they are not going to pay their employees more.

So I'll wait and see.

A lot of small businesses fail because they are under capitalized. Encouraging lending and investment is one way to help small businesses. Also, regulations also make it hard for small businesses to get off the ground. It literally can costs thousands, if not tens of thousands just to comply with licensing and other regulations for many small businesses before you've even made a dime in revenue just so you can legally operate.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Under OBama they were strangled by regulations and taxes. They had to be conservative because it was an unfriendly business atmosphere. OBama's economy only look decent because he had massive bailouts and 4.5 trillion dollars injection by the fed into the stock market to keep it a float, not to mention zero percent interest rate basically handing out free money to the banks. He was awful at economics and very good and manipulating the market with free money to inflate his numbers.

Trump doesn't need any manipulation. All you have to do is free up the regulations, america first agenda, get rid of the lopsided anti american trade and globalists deals, and cut taxes. They market will just skyrocket. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. You just not have to adopt the Marxist Globalists polices of the establishment and Obama that sucks out America's wealth.
edit on 24-1-2018 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Is the economy doing better because of Trump, or are corporations just trying harder, thus doing better, just to make him look good?

Is there a difference? And if so, what difference at this point, does it make?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So your theory is they are colluding to improve the economy? Hmmmmmm ok well if it works I guess it's ok.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It's all short term gain, what looks good now will look really bad in 4 years or so, once again the American public have been bamboozled with trickery and half truths. When the debt get worse, when more public services get the shaft and when the 5 year debt based incentive for businesses comes to and end look out it will be ugly.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just can't stop laughing.

Op? Have you been eating one too many Tide Pods?
edit on 24-1-2018 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

You must be a liberal,the economy was worse ever under Obama,why don't liberals take course in math ,how does millions of small buisnesses shutting down constitute in anyway as good,and as far as collusion,thats a liberal thought because they have no education in social skills,lying and cheating is not the way to conduct yourself,your one of the mindless millenium

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

You must be a liberal,the economy was worse ever under Obama,why don't liberals take course in math ,how does millions of small buisnesses shutting down constitute in anyway as good,and as far as collusion,thats a liberal thought because they have no education in social skills,lying and cheating is not the way to conduct yourself,your one of the mindless millenium

Sure only the left lies and cheats, the right is righteous.....

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
So, even though the economy ended up pretty good under Obama, it appears like a lot of businesses were maybe not hiring or spending as much as they could have to protest Obama, like a tantrum. Now that they have a Republican that they like it looks like they are trying hard to make republican policies look better than they are. Case in point that carrier deal that apparently was quite exaggerated. Now we have companies like Walmart putting on a show of increasing some worker pay while laying off other people so that they aren't actually spending more on workers.

Other companies like Boeing are just laying people off, hardly the greatest economy ever like Trump claims. In spite of this so-called great economy underemployed and contract workers are still a much higher percentage of the workforce than they used to be and people are still losing or not being offered benefits that they need, and it's still hard to get a good job.

I think business is actively colluding with Trump to scam people into believing conservative policies are good for them when they are terrible in the long run.

Yeah, the racist bastards are making obama and the tax myass dems look bad.

obama had 8 yrs to fix it, now you want it yesterday?!

Pretend you are an illegal alien in another country and do what they do here.

Say what?! You know, work hard and save and start a biz, vote dem and hope for amnesty.

In other words, be better than an actual citizen.

See ya at the depot parking lot!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Some are happy with crumbs while their Lords eat Mutton.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I prefer my Veal Parmigiana thank you...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Keep your mutton, i want lamb from the colorado lamb growers association.

edit on 1 25 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Keep your mutton, i want lamb from the colorado lamb growers association.

Obviously you haven't thought this through, do you really think the lords eat mutton?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join