It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic collapse, 2018? 2019?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

So this recent seemingly booming economy is all based on the drawdown of our oil reserves, we've been drawing them down since about last year that makes it look like the economy is using more oil, thus more production but actually the wells peaked and now they are drawing down the reserves and selling off.

I heard on Bloomberg radio that there are reports US oil reserves are down, just on my way to work this morning. You are on it SkeptiSchism! *Saluted

edit on 25-1-2018 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

no your not cynical or pessimistic... you are jut cautious that the old Obama led 'tear-down' paradigm on American business/society/military/financial system ...is actually Dead & defeated

the new Trump led, MAGA Paradigm where coal mines reopen, DOW markets expand, the military gets rebuilt, the ANWAR & petro fields are to be productive beyond belief within 5 years...the destructive government overspending & debt creation is (finally) being corralled , the Nation's re-set button has been engaged
(instead of the 'destruct' button being pressed hard under potus #44 )

While, the draconian Government thumb being used to crush the population under obsessive Regulations, and the Pen & Phone replacing the votes by Legislature to enact policies has been tossed aside like the 'Progressive' platform itself is still being disassembled from the previous 8 years of 'amnesty' 'open borders' 'sanctuary cities' 'LGBT' & soldiers in Heels prancing around a 'Rainbow' floodlit WH...

the B. Hussein administrations & the Hillary ash heap outcomes are like waking up from a bad dream, the nightmare has ended

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
people are racking up tens of thousands in credit with 20% interest. I do not think dropping it down to 0% is going to help. They will seriously pile it on then.

I was referring to the fed rate.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
I know that we were supposed to start selling off our strategic reserves starting 2018 for whatever reason. I think I read a thread in peak oil about it some time ago.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: FamCore
I know that we were supposed to start selling off our strategic reserves starting 2018 for whatever reason. I think I read a thread in peak oil about it some time ago.

We started doing that a couple years ago, that and fracking is what turned the US into the worlds largest oil exporter.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yep, we have more oil in the ground under Alaska and under the Dakotas, then all of the Middle East combined.

Just a matter of getting it out. (i.e. fracking).

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I hope everyone's retirements get wiped out!

Haha! The lazy boomers and Gen Xer's should have invest smarter!!!!!
edit on 9-2-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Bah, I wouldn't wish that on anyone....

And if mom and dad's money is gone, who will the millennials be able to turn to when they need to retake the guest room? (but now mom and dad are living in a single wide)....

Of course, the idea of "retirement" exists in the same land as unicorns and fairies....at least as far as I can see. I just can't see a time when my money will make me enough money to live off of, without me doing "something" for more income.

I'm sure I'll always work at doing "something" as long as I live. And if I can no longer do anything, probably time to check out then.
edit on 9-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
"Lazy boomers"? Huh...??? (I'm a Gen X'er myself, but can't think of my parents as "lazy"...well, maybe my mom, now...) LOL.

She thinks of herself as "retired", but basically, she's a slave to my brother's money.

(he's gay, and married a guy who had some good financial sense, so even though he's a glorified teacher with no credentials, and his husband is a glorified security guard, they somehow seem to afford annual trips to exotic places, a BMW and a Mercedes, and a big house and my mom's condo....more power to 'em, but have to be in debt to their eyeballs)....

My wife and I just aren't rich enough for him to consider family I guess, so eh....whatever.

Seems I went a tad off topic there, hehe.....oops.

Funny part, he blamed our dad for ignoring his family...then, as he got older, did the same...what can you do?
edit on 9-2-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Oh, I'm just being indifferent to the suffering of others.

Off to drink some $100 glasses of wine in my brand new Lexus.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

If you hear in the news that we are recovering and doing good, then its all fake news. Even my dad who is not a conspiracy theorist stated that the country is not recovering.

edit on 2/19/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

If you hear in the news that we are recovering and doing good, then its all fake news. Even my dad who is not a conspiracy theorist stated that the country is not recovering.

It depends on where you are financially. The top 25% are doing better than ever, the next 25% have fully recovered and then some. Everyone below that is still in the same situation they were just after the crash.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join