It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he's 'looking forward' to talking to special counsel Robert Mueller

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
NO ONE, regardless of your political leanings should ever talk to law enforcement without a lawyer being there.

Being retired from the FBI, and based on past personal experiences, cannot stress this enough.

I don't care if you think you are 100% innocent, ALWAYS have a lawyer.

Have a different lawyer if your lawyer is involved in the questioning. You know who I am talking about.
edit on R122018-01-25T03:12:55-06:00k121Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
He's going to walk in the interview and say...."You're Fired!"
a reply to: Grambler

He could but his lawyers will tell him not to. The fact that Mueller wants an interview tells you he has nothing. Sitting presidents have been interviewed by prosecutors in the past, though courts have urged government investigators to seek such interviews only when they cannot obtain relevant information another way. So Trump has information Mueller needs and Trump should not be so ready to give it to him.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
He's going to walk in the interview and say...."You're Fired!"

He could but his lawyers will tell him not to. The fact that Mueller wants an interview tells you he has nothing. Sitting presidents have been interviewed by prosecutors in the past, though courts have urged government investigators to seek such interviews only when they cannot obtain relevant information another way. So Trump has information Mueller needs and Trump should not be so ready to give it to him.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Trump should offer to talk under oath as long as he can ask mueller questions under oath for the same amount of time.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

Your first mistake is politiical trollery. Trumps not my great leader. I just despise him less than his opponents

Your second mistake is a misplaced appeal to emotion as my kids are both grown men.

Your third mistake is inserting a lame ad hom. Had you illuminated my ignorance you would appear to be more than the rooster who decided to strut the barnyard based purely on imagined merit.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Trump: I can't wait to lie under oath!

Trump's Lawyer: You're not smart enough to lie under oath.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: hoss53

-Ruby Ridge
-Waco
-Entrapment of mentally challenged kids and calling them terrorists
-Hillarys email "investigation"
-Richard jewel falsely accused of centennial park (he died not long later)

Now this.

A long fabled history of being ridiculously inept and crooked. Why on Earth is the FBI credible in any way?

And that is just the shortlist that we know of.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
a reply to: burntheships

Remember, Bill Clinton eventually admitted his discretions. Trump is not man enough to admit his. Oh wait I no " fake news". Right?

Bill Clinton to this day hasn’t admitted to all of the illegal and immoral crap he pulled.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

And let's not forget that for a large part of the agency's existence it was pretty much just Hoover's personal hit squad.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Satire:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

This cannot go well.

Trump with his big mouth is the type of guy who will end up incriminating himself even if he has done nothing wrong..

Agreed. It seems the main purpose of under oath testimonies in the current times is to try and catch someone committing perjury. Doesn't even need to be guilty of any of the actual crimes being investigated.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm surprised that no one has offered this scenario.

1) Mueller's team will need to supply a list of questions to Trump's lawyers. Trump's lawyers will determine which questions can be asked to Trump.
2) Any questions asked that were not agreed upon earlier; will get the response "Can not answer due to national security concerns".

Realize at this junction that Mueller requested an audience with Trump. Thus, to get the interview, Mueller will have to play by Trump's lawyer's rules.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join