It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he's 'looking forward' to talking to special counsel Robert Mueller

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he was "looking forward" to being interviewed by Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team of prosecutors.

As he left the White House en route to Davos, Switzerland, Trump spoke to reporters, and said that according to his lawyers, he expected to talk to Mueller's team in two or three weeks, according to NBC News' Kristen Welker.

"I would do it under oath," Trump said.

Trump also said that he did not recall asking Andrew McCabe, Deputy Director of the FBI, who he voted for in the 2016 election.

www.cnbc.com...

well we will see if this happens.

I would advise both sides to record the interview, so that neither side can make up things.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This cannot go well.

Trump with his big mouth is the type of guy who will end up incriminating himself even if he has done nothing wrong..

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Mueller might leave the meeting looking ill... just like Chuck Schumer did last weekend.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i wonder if the same people screaming for trump to talk to mueller, would still be screaming if nothing comes from it..

my guess is nothing will come from it

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Pretty much everyone sees this as a "set-up". Considering they did exactly this with Michael Flynn. I am not sure Trump has the right temperament for this to work out as he would like it to...Either way if they could just get the dog and pony show over and done with, Id like these resources spent on solving real problems, you know...for the people.

This probe is laughable shouldnt even be happening. I would like to see a quarter of this effort in going after Stzrok, McCabe, Clinton, Huma etc..

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So my take on this would be that he has been told he will be interviewed in the next week or so and he is saying this to get ahead of the press

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 24-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
it's pretty clear to me that Meuller's job is to coverup the crimes of the past adminastration

I base this accusation off the fact that meuller was put in place right before all those text start disappearing

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It's all a pea and shell game. Add Trump's dumb mouth and who knows.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
it's pretty clear to me that Meuller's job is to coverup the crimes of the past adminastration

I base this accusation off the fact that meuller was put in place right before all those text start disappearing

Who gave Meuller that job? You do know he's a republican don't you!!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

From what I have seen the questioning is restricted to the firing of Comey.

Since there is no crime of collusion in federal criminal law there is no point on interviewing him for that. Second Comey stated 3 times Trump was not under investigation.

The weird part is questioning Trump on Comeys firing. Sessions was interviewed by Mueller also.

As far as I know Rosenstein has not been interviewed even though he was involved in Comeys firing.

Also the fact he is being interviewed under oath is telling. Hell Clinton would not even do that.
edit on 24-1-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Who gave Meuller that job? You do know he's a republican don't you!!

So is McCain... your point?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You do realize that Mueller is a conservative Republican.
What crimes were the past administration convicted of?

The texts were two people expressing political views. Trump does that every day via twitter. So by your reasoning a 100 year old institution the f.b.i. Is corrupt for the views of these two people. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

And you know corruption knows no political party...you saying there aren't republicans that are corrupt or haven't played the game with Obama and his flunkies? I personally dont trust any career politician until I actually see proof what they say is true...and even then I'd still be skeptical...

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

This cannot go well.

Trump with his big mouth is the type of guy who will end up incriminating himself even if he has done nothing wrong..

Not to worry. I'm sure he will be completely honest, and ultimately exonerated.

According to the news, he's looking forward to it, then so should we. He will probably give the best statements anyone has ever give before the FBI. Period. So don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

You do realize that Mueller is a conservative Republican.
What crimes were the past administration convicted of?

The texts were two people expressing political views. Trump does that every day via twitter. So by your reasoning a 100 year old institution the f.b.i. Is corrupt for the views of these two people. Grow up.

If trump was leaidng an investigation into someone he said he hated, said he needed an insurance policy against them, said that there was a secret society meeting against that person, said there was notinhing to the invetigation into that person, and said he needed to fix that.

Than yes, I would say that was a big deal.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

If I join the Republican party I could have an R associated with me too...does it mean I have to actually play for that team?

Trump isn't investigating anyone for any department that is meant to remain objective either...so whats your point?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Mueller seems to be the kind of guy that stealthy undermines you but retracts once you confront him. Trump knows that.

edit on 24-1-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This has to go for at least 6 more months so don't expect much but a peak in September October just before the md terms

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I would advise both sides to record the interview, so that neither side can make up things.

Make it pay per view or put it on CSPAN.

That way we could drink beer and eat pop corn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join