It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refuse The National ID Card!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Day by day, things in the USA are changing. On the surface everything seems the same. We, the law abiding, go about our lives as we always have. We do not notice what a few now have realized. Laws are being enacted stealthly that are changing the fundamental fabric of laws we have grown up with. They make the Constitution worthless; a mere relic. Take one example, a new national drivers license law recently passed in the House. Did anyone hear Peter Jennings or Brit Hume discuss this on the evening news? I didn't. I havn't even heard about it on NPR or Jim Lehrer. Why not? Is it because it's so unpopular? Is it because it just more tightening of the noose around our national neck? I for one, believe in states rights and I believe the states should handle their own laws regarding drivers licenses.

The Federal government wants its hands all over everything! We'll give you big bucks, but you gotta do what we say! It's power is beyond imagining. And the more powerful and centralised it gets, the more difficult it will be for citizens to take back what is rightfully ours. Local control.

My mom always used to quote Soviet Kommissar Kruchev: "We will take you without a shot fired." I always found that statement to be chilling. What the hell did he mean by that? How? I've come to learn there are many ways to bring a nation to its knees. The one I most see is internal corruption of the body politic and of the citizenry - in many ways on many levels. We've become a gas-guzzling, consumer-pop trash - Jerry Springer nation. We're so busy amusing ourselves to death (to borrow a title) that we allow our government officials to sell us down the river. I know there are still a lot of good, fine people in the USA, but look around. Look at the spiritual decay all around us. It's frightening when you consider how advanced that will be in say, 20 years.

Maybe Kruchev was right. Maybe they did have some creepy master plan to infiltrate our government and to use our sloth and greed and immorality against us. Why not? It's how they play the game in every other sector.

I came across this article by Charlotte Iserbyt on the coming new national drivers license and what she claims lays behind it. Before you dismiss her, consider her credentials at the end of the article. She's not some lone loony out there in cyberspace talking out her arse. She has cred. and she has experience.

One of my biggest problems with all these changes to our laws after 9-11 is that it makes it far too easy to classify someone as a terrorist and to yank away their legal/constitutional rights for merely being LABLED. I'm starting to think we've lost our national mind to allow this crap to continue. Fighting terrorists is one thing, but changing the whole composition of our national laws is quite another. After reading this article and the resolution, I would encourage everyone to write and/or call your Senators. Tell them loud and clear what you think. Before its too late!

The Handmaiden's Tale is right around the bend.

Refuse The National ID Card!
By Charlotte Iserbyt
NewsWithViews.com
2-13-5

The drivers license (semantic deception for internal passport) legislation (H.R. 418), which passed the Congress and is on its way for passage in the Senate, is more serious than one may think due to the fact it was designed by two ex-KGB Chiefs, one of whom,Yvgeny Primakov, was the President of totalitarian Russia in the late nineties. (The merger of the KGB and the FBI has been in the works since 1985 when President Reagan signed numerous agreements with Gorbachev, one of which was the infamous education agreement which merged our two education systems. Another agreement was signed between the Soviet Police and New York City Police which allowed Soviet policmen to assist in the arrest of fare beaters in the New York City subway system.These activities, unknown to most Americans, represent just the tip of the U.S.-Soviet exchange agreements iceberg. )

TIME magazine, 7/5/93, in an article entitled "A New World for Spies", illustrates the extent of the partnership between the United States and Russia. It states: "The Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, D\Concini, and CIA Director Woolsey, met with Yvgeny Primakov, head of the Russian Foreign Intelligence service (KGB), over a period of several days. Members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees were present. Woolsey and Primakov discussed how their organizations can cooperate and share information on worldwide threats, such as terrorism, the spread of weapons of mass destruction, and drug trafficking. Former head of the CIA Gates visited Moscow in October, 1993. Yuri Kobaladze, chief spokesman of the Russian Intelligence Service, is quoted in this same article as saying 'We are partners now." This same article continues as follows: "Were he still alive, James Jesus Angleton, the CIA's consummmate cold war spook, would have launched a full-scale internal investigation condemning a conversation of any substance between Primakov, a long time Kremlin Middle East expert and Woolsey, as treasonous."
www.rense.com...

Bill Summary & Status for the 109th Congress
HR 418

thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.00418:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You do realize that no amount of anger, letter writing, activism, or any other "beating your head against a wall" activities will change what's going on and what will happen, don't you?

I appreciate your efforts but at some point one must realize the futility. Unless you have an extra $300 trillion lying around you won't change a thing. We, the law abiders, have zero power. Any power that we had previous was a fascade. It was given to placate the population.

The majority of Americans will NOT wake up. Most are way too busy trying to pay increasing bills with decreasing pay. Any money they have left is spent on entertainment. Can't really blame them on that count. Have you seen the new commercials for Disney World? It's hilarious in a sick sort of way. Not too mention the words that guy says could have come directly from my mouth. I've been saying the same for awhile and so have you. "Happiness in a pill"..."Your time is our money". LMAO. I think it's great that Disney is using that ad campaign; again in a sick sort a way.

Anyway, just thought I'd remind you about the whole "preaching to the choir" here. Go on preaching if that's what you like. I won't judge. But this service has gone on way too long. I'm outta here.

Oh, and if you refuse the National ID card you may already be a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I agree with Shadow. There's not much we can do while the revolting develops. The citizenry is brainwashed incredibly hard. Personally, I'm not letting it get to me for now. Things can possibly come to a head with parts of the nation becoming independent from the Federal Empire.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I hearya. I will not give in, though, to that pessimism. Those who look away and refuse to keep fighting the good fight, to the very last, will one day be sorry. We'll all be sorry. I will do whatever I can wherever I can to spread the truth. Until they gag me and throw me in the hole.

Regarding the ads for Disney Land.. when they get to the part of how its only x amount of money for a week.. I just shake my head. How many families do you know that have that kind of money laying around to just blow on a week in La la land?

In the latest issue of People magazine there is an article on how many, many American families are going tits up economically from health problems. All their savings being wiped out because of some medical condition. It's scary. Finacial ruin - for even those with a good credit rating - can be just a breath away... ya gotta love our great American priorities..

I'm all for taking the kids to Disney Land for the day - every kid should have that opportunity; but, to go blow that kinda dough on a WEEK's worth of it is just crazy. That's just gluttony and fiscally retarded. The prices are astronomical.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
ECK, do you plan to relinquish your driver's license to prove your point? The driver's license offer the perfect plan to have national IDs. All you have to do is make them basically idential from state to state. And, oh so easy to do!!!!!!!!!
Just mandate the social security number be included.

And, you will have no choice. In Michigan we have been told we MUST include our social security number when renewing/applying for the license. No SS#, no license. So, unless you plan to drive illegally......

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I just renewed my liscense in August, my husband needs to renew his at the end of the month. Mine was about $20 higher than it was the last time.....my husband's is now over $100 to renew (he has a cdl) Well, the reason for the increase is that NY decided to rob the future to pay for the past. They lenthened the amount of time that the liscense is good for till 2012. So, to answer the question of weather or not I am willing to give up my liscense to make a point, yep, I am......if it means we now have to pay more to comply with the federal mandates. I mean, NY probably knew this was coming, found a good way to clean up some of their past due bills. My husband needs his liscense, but well, his boss might have to make do without using my husband's cdl from time to time. I don't really use mine much.....don't really trust my driving anymore, and well, really can't drive too far anyways....so, ya, I paid good money for that liscense to be good until 2012, don't expect to have to pay more.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

SEC. 102. WAIVER OF LAWS NECESSARY FOR IMPROVEMENT OF BARRIERS AT BORDERS.

Section 102(c) of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 (8 U.S.C. 1103 note) is amended to read as follows:

`(c) Waiver-

`(1) IN GENERAL- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall have the authority to waive, and shall waive, all laws such Secretary, in such Secretary's sole discretion, determines necessary to ensure expeditious construction of the barriers and roads under this section.

`(2) NO JUDICIAL REVIEW- Notwithstanding any other provision of law (statutory or nonstatutory), no court shall have jurisdiction--

`(A) to hear any cause or claim arising from any action undertaken, or any decision made, by the Secretary of Homeland Security pursuant to paragraph (1); or

`(B) to order compensatory, declaratory, injunctive, equitable, or any other relief for damage alleged to arise from any such action or decision.'.

I may be wrong but does this read: The Secretary of Homeland Security can waive any and all laws that stand in his way, and that noone can defend their rights to these laws by taking it to court?

Isn't that like carte blanche allowing him to do whatever he wants to whomever he wants and not having to worry about the repercussions of his actions?

Phae

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
ya, I kind of interpret it to mean that....

someone on the radio mentioned them building a wall too, I don't know if they were serious or not....but, well, unfortunately walls can be built to keep people inside a country as well as people out....so, let me know if yous see any walls being build along the borders....that will be my cue to split!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I hearya. I will not give in, though, to that pessimism. Those who look away and refuse to keep fighting the good fight, to the very last, will one day be sorry. We'll all be sorry. I will do whatever I can wherever I can to spread the truth. Until they gag me and throw me in the hole.

I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being realistic. You stand with honor and I recognize that. Don't think that just because I'm not writing our representative corpses in D.C. that I'm giving up. I'm just implimenting a plan to bypass their system and I'm going to take as many people with me as possible; quietly. It's a matter of money.

But do be aware, soon you may get that hole. And what good are you to the movement in a hole?

[edit on 2-15-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Think about it this way. This is a battle. It's a battle of weak vs strong. We are outgunned and have very little resources at our disposal. We've seen this battle before.

Did the U.S. win in Vietnam? Is the U.S. winning in Iraq? Now did either the Vietcong or Iraqi soldiers march out in a line head-on towards advancing battalions of armored vehicles and yell "STOP"? No. They disappeared. And you see how much more effective they are.

It's a war of the super-rich against the huddled masses. It's a war period. And if you plan on winning a war you have to have situational awareness. You have to know what you have and what the enemy has. You have to gain intelligence on enemy movement (watch the people and the money). Then you have to prepare a strategy that will keep you fighting another day. When you're on the arse end of the stick you can't afford to lose the little resources you have. In fact, protecting those resources are of prime importance. The awakened people are the resource. Standing up and shouting "STOP" at this point makes you an easy target. And is equivalent to a suicide run.

You really want to scare them? Be quiet. All activists and alt media. Keep the websites up as is but don't update. Don't email or call representitives. Don't march on WTO meetings. Don't plan rallies. They know where everyone is at and what they are up to. How do you think some Jews survived in Nazi Germany? Stealth and low tech communication. Drop off the radar. Then organize. The people that are going to wake up already have. The rest will wake up after the fact. And it will be too late then. We are 6 billion ants against an elephant. The ants would have no trouble taking down an elephant if they were organized. But if a few hundred ants go and bite the foot they will be squashed and the rest will say "See, I told you".

[edit on 2-15-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Dawnstar, don't worry. No wall would ever be built on the borders. That would keep the illegals out.

ECK, I'm feelin you homey. But, I can see why people feel that resistance is futile. The only thing is that too many people feel this way. And, by the time they have everybody's guns and everyone microchipped with the black boxes in all the cars and cameras watching our every move, it will definitely be too late.

The national ID card is crap. Here's a nice nugget for you: any illegal alien gets a WAIVER from it! Why is that??? The NWO is coming into power so fast it's scary. The problem is that they have so many of us dumbed down that no one has a clue. Anytime I try to wake anyone up about 9/11 and the rest of it, they think you're crazy, no matter how much evidence you provide. These idiots even re-elected that chimp Bush (he tried to steal it again, but he really didn't have to).

I will still try to keep waking people up because this # really bothers me. But, I must admit, it does feel pointless when no one wants to listen to you.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Another interesting twist.
I read this a few days ago. I think it is Oregon, the state gov't had decided that due to the more fuel efficient cars of today, the fuel tax is just not lucrative enough. Now, they want to attach a device to the vehicles that will record how many miles you drive and at what time of the day you do the driving. Obviously, if you drive a lot and at peak driving times, you will pay more tax. Obviously, I have a problem with anya sort of government tracking device on any car of mine.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
legistlation passed on the sly, a complacent media, all kinds of provisions being made to make mass arrests and legally get away with anything....it can only mean one thing in my opinion:

someone
expects
a
big
terrorist
attack

oh, i forgot to mention the draft that nobody believes is coming.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So are we just supposed to follow blndly and do exactly as "they" say?

Next it will be a chip.

Cameras all over town....tell me something...How would you guys like it if someone in a dirty raincoat followed you all over the city taking pictures of you????? Wouldnt you turn around and punch the daylights out of him?
Picture the cameras as that guy wearing a dirty raincoat.

Instead of sending thousands of troops to secure the borders, this government's strategy is to put out every single American with their Patriot Act this, and their Security that. Is there a stronger word than insane without using profanity?????

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I read this a few days ago. I think it is Oregon, the state gov't had decided that due to the more fuel efficient cars of today, the fuel tax is just not lucrative enough

You know I read that they were going to do something similar in
California, I'm just hoping they don't give the Australian Government
any ideas

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter

I read this a few days ago. I think it is Oregon, the state gov't had decided that due to the more fuel efficient cars of today, the fuel tax is just not lucrative enough

You know I read that they were going to do something similar in
California, I'm just hoping they don't give the Australian Government
any ideas

We shall call it ...

"The Great Wall of Freedom"

Figured we could go with the already established oxymoronic names like Patriot Act.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Dawnstar, don't worry. No wall would ever be built on the borders. That would keep the illegals out.

lol, that's why I say, if you happen to see any walls being built along the borders, let me know....
They would never do anything to hamper the flow of cheap labor into the country, so if they were to start building them, I would interpret it to mean that they are following the way of most tyrannical regimes and going out of their way to keep their citizens from running away from them....
I'd also guess that if one were to be constructed, it would be along the canadian border first, although the mexican borders seems to be more heavily crossed.

I kind of find it hard to believe they are actually worried about keeping the terrorists out, we occasionally catch them up here, and well, by what I've heard they are told to release them, no funds to hold them......I don't know, just that I think if I was at war, knew there were people entering the country with the intent to do harm, I would have been making some very effective moves to stop the flow over the borders. In WW2, I believe we had civilians voluteering to watch the shoreline and borders.....what we have now is a joke! I guess cheap labor trumps national security now days.

I suspose, in the defense of Bush and his pals, I should also state that I've also heard the emergency first responders and those in department of health complaining that it is the states, and local communities that aren't really taking it too seriously.....
But, I don't think any of them are......which makes me wonder just what kind of "war" are we fighting?

[edit on 16-2-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
thats not good. if bush has been planning to change the constitution and stuff and now they want to change the drivers licenses too? IM GOING TO GET MY FIRST LICENSE NEXT WEEK! geeze, i knew it! ive been going crazy for years now, and this ha to be because the NWO is finally coming up. i guess u could call it like a witch's intuition, but i just knew it. and ive also heard they are planning some microchip that acts like a credit card. u just put it in ur hand and it swipes like plastic. and it can also hold personal info like ss# and legal documents like that. oh man, its hella scary.

but has anybody noticed that things have gone missing? i live in southern california and i dont see any skaters or others aroung anymore. whats happening? and does anyone know what doctors really do to ur babies right after u give birth? like where do they take them and what do they do to them? its like right there u can have a chip inplanted and not even know about it cause its so convienent.

but yeah, if anybodys leaving then u can come tag along with me, cause im going to get lost in the middle east. they wont look where out there. and if not there then go lose urself in south america. trust me, ive been planning my excape ever since bush took office. its not a bad idea, and one can plan out more in hiding too. srart a underground revolution if u will.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I may be wrong but does this read: The Secretary of Homeland Security can waive any and all laws that stand in his way, and that noone can defend their rights to these laws by taking it to court?

Isn't that like carte blanche allowing him to do whatever he wants to whomever he wants and not having to worry about the repercussions of his actions?

Phae

It would seem so.

Yes. That is exactly how this regime operates.

As to the previous question of whether or not I would give up my drivers license.. I will have to figure that out when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
well...
not long to the patriot act comes into form then?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join