It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes Denying Senate Intel Committe Access To His Memo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Grassley said on the floor today that they senate has access to the exact same intel the house did to make the memo.

He says he wants as much intel released as possible, and tells how the FBI is fighting to not allow much info to be released.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Grassley said on the floor today that they senate has access to the exact same intel the house did to make the memo.

He says he wants as much intel released as possible, and tells how the FBI is fighting to not allow much info to be released.

Yet he voted to expand fisa. Hmm

And wouldn't let rand Paul add restrictions or debate the surveillance?

I call bs.

It's about the midterms.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Comey, who was the head of the FBI at the time of the fisa application, admitted that at that time the dossier was "salacious and unverified"

Comey did not say that the dossier was "salacious and unverified." Here's the actual full quote in context:

COMEY: The president called me I believe shortly before he was inaugurated as a follow-up to our conversation, private conversation on January the 6th. He just wanted to reiterate his rejection of that allegation and talk about—- he’d thought about it more. And why he thought it wasn’t true. The verified — unverified and salacious parts.

He's making a deliberate distinction about parts of the dossier, I would imagine the Russian hooker bit specifically. It wouldn't even make sense to refer to the contents of the dossier as "salacious" on the whole because that's the only sex-related item contained.

RedState has a decent breakdown of this issue here. When he was actually asked point blank if the intel had been verified:

BURR: In the public domain is this question of the “Steele dossier,” a document that has been around out in for over a year. I’m not sure when the FBI first took possession of it, but the media had it before you had it and we had it. At the time of your departure from the FBI, was the FBI able to confirm any criminal allegations contained in the Steele document?

COMEY: Mr. Chairman, I don’t think that’s a question I can answer in an open setting because it goes into the details of the investigation.

BURR: So if you’ve got a 36-page document of specific claims that are out there, the FBI would have to for counter intelligence reasons, try to verify anything that might be claimed in there, one, and probably first and foremost, is the counterintelligence concerns that we have about blackmail. Would that be an accurate statement?

COMEY: Yes. If the FBI receives a credible allegation that there is some effort to co-opt, coerce, direct, employee covertly an American on behalf of the foreign power, that’s the basis on which a counterintelligence investigation is opened.

BURR: And when you read the dossier, what was your reaction, given that it was 100% directed at the president-elect?

COMEY: Not a question I can answer in open setting, Mr. Chairman.

So if it was used in any way, regardless of what page testified or anything else, it is nothing short of the FBI using a document they knew was unverified and paid opposition research by trumps opponents to help get a warrant tp spy on trumps team.

Your premise is based on at least one inaccurate talking point that has been pushed repeatedly in the right-wing media.

A warrant which by the way they were originbally denied.

And we have no idea when the original application was filed, what was in the application, why it was denied and what changed by or with the second application.

So again, if that dossier was used in any way to help get the dossier, it is the biggest scandal in my lifetime.

I think you may have said that once or twice before.

As far as intel being released, you are probably right that it wont be.

If the memo comes out and its a lie, if I was the democrats, I would be clamoring to have the intel released as much as possible.

Grassley, Jordan, and other republicans are calling for it to be released.

I support releasing all or nothing and with absolutely no involvement from Nunes.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

No.

In comeys June 8th testimony he said the dossier was salacious and unverified.

I first met then-President-Elect Trump on Friday, January 6 in a conference room at Trump Tower in New York. I was there with other Intelligence Community (IC) leaders to brief him and his new national security team on the findings of an IC assessment concerning Russian efforts to interfere in the election. At the conclusion of that briefing, I remained alone with the President Elect to brief him on some personally sensitive aspects of the information assembled during the assessment.

The IC leadership thought it important, for a variety of reasons, to alert the incoming President to the existence of this material, even though it was salacious and unverified. Among those reasons were: (1) we knew the media was about to publicly report the material and we believed the IC should not keep knowledge of the material and its imminent release from the President-Elect; and (2) to the extent there was some effort to compromise an incoming President, we could blunt any such effort with a defensive briefing.

www.cnn.com...

As far as nunes, your opinion is fine.

I just remind you that I said to you months ago that if people you though were bias were working against trumps oppoennts, you would be angry about that.

Your stance on nunes makes that clear. Perhaps you see how many of us feel with all of the bias people on Muellers team and the FBi against trump.

edit on 24-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If it is true about what is stated in a letter to Nunes, then the man can not release this at all. Apparently all of the information he got ahold of, is currently part of counter intelligence operations and active investigations. If he releases it then it destroys those investigations and operations.

The question now is this: Is this worth the possible endangerment to the security of the country?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

You conveniently ignore that the vote to release the memo to all members were already held. All the Democrats voted against it. They are trying to spin this but it will not work. Q dropped a hint that Trump will allow the release of the memo when the proper procedures are done. It's unblievable that the same people who cheered Ghostly Diane on for releasing the Fusion GPS transcripts are now pissed the GOP is not doing the same. This has to be done the legal way.

I can't take you seriously when you cite some random on 4chan. Did he "drop a hint" — funny, the media is dropping the same hint.

CNN - Source: Trump inclined to allow Nunes memo to be released

When are people going to learn? You'd think at the very least, people on a CT forum would recognize cold reading when they saw it. All through the election people were hanging onto every word of OHour1's bull#. A few months ago, it was "White House Anon" that was all the rage.

Here. Let me speak in a cryptic wordsalad you want to believe.

Have you heard?
Room 10 isn't secure.
The PEOPLE must be HEARD.
Fight for your right! (TO PART-E)
The APPLE will fall.
INTEL? FISA?
Why are 5 people not talking?
Who is?
SECRET SOCIETY
Blah blah blah.
Drink Moar Ovaltine.

edit on 2018-1-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I support releasing all or nothing and with absolutely no involvement from Nunes.

Aye. Well. And where would be the fun in that? We know how bad it really is and I'm really looking forward to all the spinnings and distractions by now.

Democracy doesn't die in darkness, that's just a great soundbite. It obviously dies in sunlight without access for checks and balances. Not a silent coup, just one nearly nobody talks about.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

security of the country?

*dingdingdingding*

Trousers anyone? Fresh, clean trousers straight from The Netherlands! We have some with plants growing out of them pockets as well.

Plant-Pants maybe?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Maybe the FBI wants to review the memo so they can take appropriate actions in eliminating any evidence to support allegations of wrongdoing in that memo?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cuz, you know. Accidents happen.

TRUST NO ONE!

Hey take it easy on them , how can you expect them to accidently delete the right data if they aren't given a heads up.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

What exactly are you saying?

We do not know what all is in this memo, only that Nunes and staff wrote it. The Justice department is wanting to see it. A letter was sent, and it was clearly laid out what their concern is.

Now I do not know what all is in it, but do believe that if it does have classified information in it, that could compromise the security of the country, then perhaps it would be good to pause and ask that question:

If it is worth the security of the country?

Right now all we have is speculation and nothing concrete or valid, until all of it is out in the open.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Don't mind, I'm just having a great day and my nation is imagination. Just think about it as the first bell for national security one page 3, that's all.

Not a bad cut for the pit, I simply expected to read that argument within the first 5 replies. Slow start for a rainy market day with Plant-Pants, I'm starting to worry about you folks and my business.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Rep. Devin Nunes, for lack of better terms is damaged goods.

When the entire Investigation started, he the leader of the intelligence committee broke the number one rule, and that is you do not associate or have any meetings with the person that the investigation is about. He did go to the White House in the middle of the night and was sharing information with them or getting information or both. But because it was done in the middle of the night without anyone knowing what all is there, then this makes it look suspicious, especially on him. And it tainted him as an investigator when it came to that matter.

However, why is it that when it comes decisions that the congress should be made, that it is being punted to the President to decide? Is not the congress one branch of the government and the President in a whole different branch?

But here is the other small aspect on this: If it goes anywhere into the Russian investigation, it may be bad on Nunes, as he has recused himself from that investigation and should do nothing in that direction.

I found this interesting look at what happened. After the meeting with Trump they move their team out of Trump tower. Then we get a tweet about Obama eaves dropping on Trump Tower. I think Nunez was concerned about what he discovered and literally warns Trump what he found. Notice to this day he doesn't go back to Trump tower. Thinking that wire tap may still be there lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: japhrimu

“The memo is based on highly classified intelligence that only a select group of House and Senate lawmakers have accessed.“

Senate lawmakers?

Why only a select group? I heard it was available for all House members... I could be wrong...

Edit to add: I see now something I missed... this quoted text doesn’t say senate lawmakers have accessed the memos...

Nunes invited them all to view it in a SCIF. All Democrats rejected that offer. Go figure.

Jeez, how are they supposed to leak It if it's in a SCIF?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think that there were wiretaps, however, how much of that was on Trump and how much was on someone who lives in the Tower itself? As I recalled there was a case where several criminals were using an apartment as a base for illegal activities and another for laundering money, and that was proven in a court. That is what we know, though the question as to what other illegal activities are going on, that is unknown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join