It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes Denying Senate Intel Committe Access To His Memo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

You conveniently ignore that the vote to release the memo to all members were already held. All the Democrats voted against it. They are trying to spin this but it will not work. Q dropped a hint that Trump will allow the release of the memo when the proper procedures are done. It's unblievable that the same people who cheered Ghostly Diane on for releasing the Fusion GPS transcripts are now pissed the GOP is not doing the same. This has to be done the legal way.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah see this kind of BS at every single step of every twist and turn since all this Russia / Fake news / etc bS started is why i cant stop screaming that all this is a diversionary circus by design. Just never ending twists and turns and so on to keep everyone reeling and distracted.

To keep US diverted from the true generations long running Corruption that goes far deeper than either Party as we're seeing them now.

Not that its not obvious 'theres something to this', but whatever it really ends up being in hindsight after all the manufactured angles BS that's being lumped in in real time in part no less, what we're seeing the Two pary's doing to each other is business as usual for all intensive purposes, where both sides have been running the same playbook forever now...

But that isnt even the Big Story. The Big Story is behind all of this game they're playing against each other, they've been working together in playing the same hoodwink games over the entire United States of America.

And yet THAT isn't even the definition of "The Corruption" I'm talkign about.... its just a big chunk of how they roll.

edit on 24-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

Mueller must have these scoundrels running scared if this is the level of banana republic BS Nunes & company are carrying out.

K~

Considering Schiff's comment, I wonder what they actually know and what in the classified information is being mis-characterized in order to protect Trump.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

What classified information ?

Fusion GPS is a private business unless it's another version of private servers in basements.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Mueller must have these scoundrels running scared if this is the level of banana republic BS Nunes & company are carrying out.

K~

Considering Schiff's comment, I wonder what they actually know and what in the classified information is being mis-characterized in order to protect Trump.

In fairness, it isn't a zero sum game. There is a possibility that the Nunes memo "mischaracterizes" some issues while the actual information they've gained demonstrates zero actual evidence against Trump. In other words, Nunes is looking to punish those who have effectively wasted America's time and resources on a personal grudge in absence of any justifiable evidence. That said, Schiff has a history of talking out of his ass, especially the past year or so. He could say the sky is blue and I'd need personal visual verification before I'd accept his statement.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What classified information ?

Fusion GPS is a private business unless it's another version of private servers in basements.

I don't know. I'm just going off of what the source in the OP said.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

In fairness, it isn't a zero sum game. There is a possibility that the Nunes memo "mischaracterizes" some issues while the actual information they've gained demonstrates zero actual evidence against Trump. In other words, Nunes is looking to punish those who have effectively wasted America's time and resources on a personal grudge in absence of any justifiable evidence. That said, Schiff has a history of talking out of his ass, especially the past year or so. He could say the sky is blue and I'd need personal visual verification before I'd accept his statement.

True. But the same could be said of Nunes. Nunes could be trying to protect the president's interests and using his position to do so.

That is why I find that comment interesting and it will be nice to see if anything comes of it, especially considering Nunes' actions and statements up to this point.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

This is all Republican BS diversion trying to discredit the FBI & the IC because they know they're screwed.

How many are cutting deals?
Flynn for sure & Papadop was wearing a wire for how long, just days ago Gates got a new attorney who appears to be negotiating since we see that Gates was released from house arrest, made a deal he did.

Oh & today Felix Slater is reported to be cooperating as well.
Slater & Trumpy go way back, all the way back when Trump started laundering money for assorted Mobs.

Add all the rest of the Mueller interviews with people who got things to hide or vengeful tales to tell & you just know tongues be wagging.

The IC has all the intercepts & Mueller has been pulling financials from every corner.

All that & the cultist keep harping about the dreaded "dossier" but what they keep ignoring is the dossier was only given as much credence as it did because it corroborated already received Elint from Five Eyes.

So yes this is all so much Kabuki Theater designed to keep their gullible base bamboozled.

K~

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What if Nunes is controlled opposition and this memo business is being used to distract from and discredit actual evidence of corruption? Some stuff has already come out; surveillance, missing text messages. And maybe there are worse things coming to light, stuff that they fear could actually threaten TPTB? But they tie it in with the Nunes memo. The memo can intentionally make some dumb, baseless claims and be debunked, or it can just float around for a while and the fade from public consciousness, and then people will shrug and say that all of it was nonsense, even if there was real evidence mixed in, or at least liberals and a lot of average citizen will. And Trumper conservatives will still believe but there will be all these false leads to muddle the issue.
edit on 24-1-2018 by Cutepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Rep. Devin Nunes is apparently denying the Senate Intelligence Committee access to the memo he and his staff compiled.

It's probably a piece of claqueur trash that would be debunked instantly.

The bill’s passage follows a monthlong push by Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee to reauthorize Section 702 with as few reforms as possible. On multiple occasions, Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., chair of the committee, circulated fliers with pictures of Islamic State fighters urging passage of the bill. This week, Nunes circulated a flier opposing the Amash amendment with pictures of the Boston Marathon explosion and the bomber, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

theintercept.com...

Devil Nunes in action, another talking powderhead with no qualms whatsoever. You're way too soft on the asshats this time.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
So another story from the right gets shot down and instead of saying damn son i was wrong, there going to double down on stupid again, its only been what 9 years now since they started making stuff up.

You guys lost any credibility with the whole birther story, and you think people will believe anything you guys parrot of fox news or breitbart.

edit on 24-1-2018 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

This is all Republican BS diversion trying to discredit the FBI & the IC because they know they're screwed.

How many are cutting deals?
Flynn for sure & Papadop was wearing a wire for how long, just days ago Gates got a new attorney who appears to be negotiating since we see that Gates was released from house arrest, made a deal he did.

Oh & today Felix Slater is reported to be cooperating as well.
Slater & Trumpy go way back, all the way back when Trump started laundering money for assorted Mobs.

Add all the rest of the Mueller interviews with people who got things to hide or vengeful tales to tell & you just know tongues be wagging.

The IC has all the intercepts & Mueller has been pulling financials from every corner.

All that & the cultist keep harping about the dreaded "dossier" but what they keep ignoring is the dossier was only given as much credence as it did because it corroborated already received Elint from Five Eyes.

So yes this is all so much Kabuki Theater designed to keep their gullible base bamboozled.

K~

Recent events definitely leave one wondering what the hell is going on. The propaganda machines have been in full swing trying to spin this back at the democrats but this continues to look like something big may be happening and it may not look good for people around Trump.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

All of the intel is not going to be released. What we might get if we're lucky is some of the relevant intel in a heavily redacted form.

All of these theatrics aside, I repeat that if the dossier was used for any part of a fisa warrant, it is the biggest scandal in my lifetime.

That's an opinion you have expressed many times. Setting aside the fact that I think you're probably ignoring Iran–Contra, this is only a scandal if there was impropriety. So what would constitute impropriety?

Christopher Steele is a legit intelligence professional. His MI6 bona fides are not in question, are they? This isn't the first interaction he's had with the FBI since going into the private sector in 2009. In 2010, Steele was working for England’s Football Association, looking into allegations of corruption. He provided information to the FBI's Eurasian Organized Crime working group for a period of two years. That investigation led to something like 15 indictments for racketeering, money laundering, etc in the 2015 FIFA corruption scandal.

While inept shills like Paul Sperry might seek to disparage Steele with spurious allegations about his sourcing, the guy had a legit career and a subsequent relationship with the FBI which led to successful prosecution.

In doing his research, which has been characterized as not directed by Fusion GPS, who in turn, from what we know, were not directed by Perkins Coie on behalf of the DNC/Clinton campaign, he came across raw human intel which he in turn provided to the FBI himself because it was concerning in nature.

There's nothing untoward about any of that as long as he didn't manufacture it, misrepresent it, etc. From tidbits that have made it to the media, the relevant allegations in the memo appear to focus on the FISA warrant for Carter Page.

From what I've read (and it may turn out to be incorrect), the FISA warrant application for Carter Page cites this intel from Steele in some part. In what part and in what context? I've yet to read any characterizations of that.

We can assume that what he provided to the FBI about Page was what eventually ended up in the dossier. There was discussion about the Carter Page parts of the dossier and how it matched up against his testimony in this thread.

Without looking back at the dossier itself, one of the bits that I addressed in the thread:

Speaking in July 2016, a Russian source close to Rosneft President, PUTIN close associate and US-sanctioned individual, Igor SECHIN, confided the details of a recent secret meeting between him and visiting Foreign Affairs Advisor to Republican presidential candidate Donald TRUMP, Carter PAGE.

According to SECHIN’s associate, the Rosneft President (CEO) had raised with PAGE the issues of future bilateral energy cooperation and prospects for an associated move to lift Ukraine-related western sanctions against Russia. PAGE had reacted positively to this demarche by SECHIN but had been generally non-committal in response.

What did Carter Page admit to in his testimony?

MR. PAGE: We got in touch, and he told me about this event. I can't recall exactly the method of that communication.

MR. SCHIFF: Well, Mr. Baranov works for Mr. Sechin, does he not?

MR. PAGE: He's part of a he's a part of the team at Rosneft. So, you know, Rosneft is a big company, and there's a lot of people that work for Mr. Sechin, uh-huh.

SCHIFF: And he's the head of all investor relations for Rosneft?

PAGE: I recall that what he told me in -- we caught up again in my second trip in December, and he told me that he had he may have moved up. And I don't recall specifically, but he may have had a promotion internally in some format, one way or another.

He did in fact meet with Andrey Baranov, head of Rosneft's investor relations while in Moscow. From what I recall, he said Baranov had him meet up with him at a soccer game or something. A meeting that was of course not publicized because the press had no idea it happened.

It seems more than coincidence that Steele's source said there was a meeting with Rosneft's CEO and it turned out there actually was a meeting with Rosneft's head of investor relations. He also admitted that one of the things that may have come up was the future Rosneft deal to privatize 19.5% of the company. Which matches with this from the dossier:

In terms of the substance of their discussion, SECHIN’s associate said that the Rosneft President was so keen to lift personal and corporate western sanctions imposed on the company, that he offered PAGE/TRUMP’s associates the brokerage of up to a 19 per cent (privatised) stake in Rosneft in return. PAGE had expressed interest and confirmed that were TRUMP elected US president, then sanctions on Russia would be lifted.

In fact, the day after the deal was finalized (and if you Google it, there's quite a lot of mystery about who actually bought the stake), where was Carter Page? Why he was back in Moscow, meeting with Baranov and talking about it to Russian media:

MOSCOW, December 12. / TASS /. Former adviser to the election headquarters of President-elect Donald Trump, managing partner of Global Energy Capital LLC Carter Page met with the top manager of Rosneft during his visit to Moscow, but not with Igor Sechin himself. This Page told reporters in Moscow.

"I had the opportunity to meet with one of the top managers of Rosneft. The recent deal on Rosneft, in which the Qatar fund and Glencore were able to participate, is, unfortunately, a good example of how US private companies are limited to a greater extent because of the impact of sanctions, "Page said, answering the question about whether he met with representatives of Rosneft in Moscow. "I think that in the new era of relations between Russia and the United States, most of all the forces need to be applied to the support of the new US administration, from the point of view of business," Page noted.

Another coincidence? So while it's all well and good to call it the "dodgy dossier" it sure seems that in regards to Page, the information from Steele's sources matches up to some of Page's own admissions close enough to warrant further scrutiny.

Did the FBI have other sources of intel that corroborated this? Was Steele's raw intel used to corroborate something else? What else was in the application for the Carter Page FISA warrant?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Comey, who was the head of the FBI at the time of the fisa application, admitted that at that time the dossier was "salacious and unverified"

So if it was used in any way, regardless of what page testified or anything else, it is nothing short of the FBI using a document they knew was unverified and paid opposition research by trumps opponents to help get a warrant tp spy on trumps team.

A warrant which by the way they were originbally denied.

So again, if that dossier was used in any way to help get the dossier, it is the biggest scandal in my lifetime.

As far as intel being released, you are probably right that it wont be.

If the memo comes out and its a lie, if I was the democrats, I would be clamoring to have the intel released as much as possible.

Grassley, Jordan, and other republicans are calling for it to be released.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm having a nervous breakdown.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Continuing from my last post, what about the use of that intel from Steele would be improper? Or more importantly, what about it supports the notion that using it "for any part" of the FISA warrant application for Carter Page (already known to the FBI from when they previously got a FISA warrant on him when Russian spies were trying to recruit him a few years earlier) would be "the biggest scandal" in your lifetime?

The degree of scandal should be proportional to the degree of impropriety.

Was the Steele info principal in granting the warrant or not? Was it in any way corroborated? Did Perkins Coie/the DNC/Clinton campaign direct Fusion GPS to instruct Steele to provide that information to the FBI? Was the inclusion of it (to whatever degree it may have been included) at the behest of somebody high up in the food chain like the FBI Director or AG?

What was obtained under the FISA warrant? Who was given access to it and what did they do with it?

If the whole "scandal" here ends up being something like that human intel from Steele was cited to bolster suspicions of criminal activity that was evidenced by other intel, in an application for a FISA warrant for Carter Page, that on its own certainly wouldn't be the "biggest scandal" in either of our lifetimes.

Hell, we went to war behind bad intel.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Comey said the dossier was salcious and unverified.

The FBI attempted to get a warrant on page and failed.

If they then used this dossier, that they knew was unverified, and paid opposition research from hillarys team, to increase their chances of getting the fisa court to change their intial rejection, it is the biggest scandal of my life time.

It is nothing short of the weoponization and politicization of the intel community by Obama against his opponent.

Watergate was a huge scandal because a few people tried to steal info on an opponent.

Weoponizing the intel community to spy on your opponent is of such a greater magnitude that is makes watregate seem like no big deal at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Nah it works better as a boogeyman man. That way he gets a month of good speculation and trashing the fbi and doj..

This is the same guy who just voted to expand the FISA program after all. And voted down Justin Amash's plan to require more restrictive warrant procedure.

Meaning he is so full of sht he has a swarm of flies around him at all times.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

So if it was used in any way, regardless of what page testified or anything else, it is nothing short of the FBI using a document they knew was unverified and paid opposition research by trumps opponents to help get a warrant tp spy on trumps team.

Steele delivered paid opposition research? Where, when and what exactly? Anything to back this up with?

He doesn't seem to be that kinda guy, does he?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Steele delivered paid opposition research? Where, when and what exactly? Anything to back this up with?

He doesn't seem to be that kinda guy, does he?

steele was being paid by a firm that was paid by hillarys team to dig up opposition research against trump, and then he took that info to the FBI.

This is commone knowledge that you should be able to google quite easily.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Fusion GPS? Yes, let's remain vigilant here but I have yet to see how the disinfo plays out. He doesn't seem to be some incompetent fool and his investigations might still hold some water.
I don't think that the Clintons would pay for nothing but sweet stories, ya know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join