It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes Denying Senate Intel Committe Access To His Memo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Rep. Devin Nunes is apparently denying the Senate Intelligence Committee access to the memo he and his staff compiled.

Senate Intelligence Committee not given access to Nunes FISA memo

Sen. James Lankford, an Oklahoma Republican who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, confirmed to CNN that the panel had not been given access to the Nunes memo.

"None of the senators have access to it," Lankford added, saying "right" when asked if the committee had been denied access to the memo after making its request.

If you've been following, he's also denied access to the memo to the DOJ and FBI:

According to three sources familiar with the matter, Burr's staff requested a copy of the memo and has been denied, just as the FBI and Justice Department have also been denied reviewing a copy of the document. The memo is based on highly classified intelligence that only a select group of House and Senate lawmakers have accessed.

Could it have something to do with the committee chair, Republican Senator Richard Burr, seemingly shooting down his earlier attempts at launching the "unmasking scandal" six months ago in coordination with the White House?

Burr: Nunes 'created' unmasking allegations against Rice

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) pointed to his House counterpart Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) for the narrative that former national security adviser Susan Rice improperly "unmasked" or revealed the identities of Americans swept up in intelligence reports.

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes, and I'll wait to go through our full evaluation to see if there was anything improper that happened," Burr told CNN in comments reported after his committee interviewed Rice in a closed session on Friday.

"But clearly there were individuals unmasked. Some of that became public which it's not supposed to, and our business is to understand that, and explain it."

Meanwhile, the Democrats on the HPSCI are apparently drafting their own memo.

House Intel Democrats preparing own memo to counter GOP's 'misleading' FISA memo on Trump

Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee are releasing their own memo in response to one compiled by Republicans on the panel, ranking member Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said Wednesday.

In a statement, Schiff said Republicans on the committee are seeking to “selectively and misleadingly characterize classified information” in an effort to “protect” President Trump.

In response, committee Democrats have had to draft their own memo, Schiff said, “setting out the relevant facts” and “exposing the misleading character of the Republicans’ document.”

There's expected to be a vote held on Monday at the regularly scheduled HPSCI about whether or not to release the counter-memo-memo to the full House.
edit on 2018-1-24 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Not 1

Not 2

But "According to three sources familiar with the matter"

Source 4 says it's a zero.

edit on Jan-24-2018 by xuenchen because: .onQ.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee are releasing their own memo in response to one compiled by Republicans on the panel, ranking member Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said Wednesday.

They gonna hire another private intelligence company that outsources to write that memo for them ?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I see no reason why Nunes shouldnt release the memo to all members of congress.

But it appears that it will soon be a moot point as I believe it will be released publicly. If not, its a huge black eye against nunes, and will personally look extremely shady to me.

As for the dems memo, this is great.

It seems the dems want the record clear, so do the republicans.

So I assume they all will be in favor of releasing the intel behind the memos, so that we can decide for ourselves what really happened.

All of these theatrics aside, I repeat that if the dossier was used for any part of a fisa warrant, it is the biggest scandal in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Watching them running for the hills is hilarious. DOJ and FBI stalled HPSIC into oblivion it's called payback. Deal with it. All the Democrats voted to not release it in the first place. This is just them trying to save face. Well you are all out of luck.

edit on 24-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Not 1

Not 2

But "According to three sources familiar with the matter"

Source 4 says it's a zero.

I think you missed something:

Sen. James Lankford, an Oklahoma Republican who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, confirmed to CNN that the panel had not been given access to the Nunes memo.

"None of the senators have access to it," Lankford added, saying "right" when asked if the committee had been denied access to the memo after making its request.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

“The memo is based on highly classified intelligence that only a select group of House and Senate lawmakers have accessed.“

Senate lawmakers?

Why only a select group? I heard it was available for all House members... I could be wrong...

Edit to add: I see now something I missed... this quoted text doesn’t say senate lawmakers have accessed the memos...
edit on 1/24/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I will just go for it then... is it possible that the memo implicates John McCain? There has been some obvious treachery with all the leaks and disinfo. Release the memo!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What's your point ?

When it was first mentioned the democrats dismissed it out right.

Now suddenly they are whining they don't have access to a 'nothing burger' in their opinions.

Me thinks the corruptocrats doth protest too much.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

*cough* paulsperry

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Could it have something to do with the committee chair, Republican Senator Richard Burr, seemingly shooting down his earlier attempts at launching the "unmasking scandal" six months ago in coordination with the White House?

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that the names McCain, Schumer, and perhaps even McConnel and Harris appear in said memo alongside mentions of inside dealings with the DOJ and FBI. The Senate Intel Panel would seem to be compromised.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu

“The memo is based on highly classified intelligence that only a select group of House and Senate lawmakers have accessed.“

Senate lawmakers?

Why only a select group? I heard it was available for all House members... I could be wrong...

Edit to add: I see now something I missed... this quoted text doesn’t say senate lawmakers have accessed the memos...

Nunes invited them all to view it in a SCIF. All Democrats rejected that offer. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I see no reason why Nunes shouldnt release the memo to all members of congress.

The Senate can see it when the American People see it.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's hilarious that Democrats will try to draft a memo to counter a memo that they've never seen!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: neo96

It's hilarious that Democrats will try to draft a memo to counter a memo that they've never seen!

They will either :

a.) Get Morgan Freeman to write it.
B.) Simpson to write it that will ask Steele to fax it over from the Kremlin.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Of course he wont release it.
It's all made up imaginary BS concocted by a bunch of Liberty University republican pledges.

If he releases the "Memo" it will be shown for the nonsense it is.

Release it! I double dog dare ya!

Mueller must have these scoundrels running scared if this is the level of banana republic BS Nunes & company are carrying out.

K~

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's fun watching Adam Schiff utterly destroy his credibility and his career in real time, ya?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

And yet the Flynn recordings exist.

There be TRANSCRIPTS!

Flynn was investigated at the White House without counsel.

According to the FISA ACT.

The President may authorize, through the Attorney General, electronic surveillance without a court order for the period of one year, provided that it is only to acquire foreign intelligence information,[5] that it is solely directed at communications or property controlled exclusively by foreign powers,[6]that there is no substantial likelihood that it will acquire the contents of any communication to which a United States person is a party, and that it be conducted only in accordance with defined minimization procedures.[7]

We know the FISA ACT was VIOLATED.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Maybe the FBI wants to review the memo so they can take appropriate actions in eliminating any evidence to support allegations of wrongdoing in that memo?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cuz, you know. Accidents happen.

TRUST NO ONE!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Rep. Devin Nunes, for lack of better terms is damaged goods.

When the entire Investigation started, he the leader of the intelligence committee broke the number one rule, and that is you do not associate or have any meetings with the person that the investigation is about. He did go to the White House in the middle of the night and was sharing information with them or getting information or both. But because it was done in the middle of the night without anyone knowing what all is there, then this makes it look suspicious, especially on him. And it tainted him as an investigator when it came to that matter.

However, why is it that when it comes decisions that the congress should be made, that it is being punted to the President to decide? Is not the congress one branch of the government and the President in a whole different branch?

But here is the other small aspect on this: If it goes anywhere into the Russian investigation, it may be bad on Nunes, as he has recused himself from that investigation and should do nothing in that direction.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join