It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Larry Nassar got away with it for so long

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I saw a brief clip of another gymnasts statement but I can't find it now.
She basically said that she told her mom that Nassar was abusing her, and her mom didn't believe her because he sister also
went through Nassar and nothing happened. (gut wrenching) I think that Mom should be right up there with Nassar.

When I was very young (back when there were dinosaurs), I was in gymnastics, and our coaches changed and the new coach told my
mom she couldn't be at practices. My mom pulled me out that day, THANKS MOM! Seriously, thank goodness for my mom to have the
sense and intuition to do it even though I loved it and wanted to stay! For any young parents out there, trust your instincts!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I coached softball for a long time and parents would just dump their little girls there and leave.

But I was always careful to "never" be alone with a girl.

That was for my protection not the girls.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I watched the sentencing hearing on OAN and was horrified. That proceeding IMHO, fit perfectly the definition of Kangaroo Court. Which is not to say that the defendant might not be guilty, but he wasn't adequately defended and the Judge made no effort to hide her bias.

The result? The public will never know the real truth........again.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

but he wasn't adequately defended and the Judge made no effort to hide her bias.

I'm just dying to know why you think that

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
how he got away with it?
watch the larry david monologue from his 2017 appearance on saturday night live.

its all an 'inside' game to these peeps lmfao.
larry makes a joke about it, but they all protect each other.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Those Victim Impact Statements were heart wrenching. I'm so glad you posted this. I've been wanting to post something, but it has my blood boiling to an extent that I cannot post rationally about. So thank you.

What absolutely blows me away is that people knew and refused to stop it!!! Why??? It's not as though they couldn't find another competent physician to do the same job. What the hell kind of sickos are running that joint???

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Try watching the sentencing hearing and tell me you don't see something all wrong with that proceeding. Its not yet fully available on Youtube, I checked, but you need only see the last 30 minutes of the "Time" 3 hour clip to get a good feel for the proceeding.

Frankly, its embarrassing

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Right, but you claim the judge showed bias and that there's inadequate defense, and I'm trying to figure out a) how an inadequate defense was provided during victim impact statements and b) how the judge showed bias when the sentence given is within both the sentencing guidelines and compliant with the plea deal he took.

So, still, I'm wondering why you think either of the two things you've claimed.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Really, he should have been taken out back and hung from the neck until dead.

/thread

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Really, he should have been taken out back and hung from the neck until dead.

/thread

Hung by "something" until dead, at least.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

He was rail roaded into the plea agreement; a good defense team would have taken it to trial scheduled hearing after hearing to exclude evidence if for no other reason than to force a much better plea bargain. The judge was obviously biased from day one; a good defense attorney would have filed motions of recusal or for change of venue.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I watched the sentencing hearing on OAN and was horrified. That proceeding IMHO, fit perfectly the definition of Kangaroo Court. Which is not to say that the defendant might not be guilty, but he wasn't adequately defended and the Judge made no effort to hide her bias.

The result? The public will never know the real truth........again.

To have watched any of that hearing and come away with a statement like that, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Your comments are an insult to every young woman who had the courage to come forward and to speak. For years these girls and women were abused by this sick doctor, and betrayed by their parents and coaches.
Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Uhhh no. A good defense team secures the best outcome for their client that they can within what they have to work with. Not taking it to trial when you have nothing to work with isn’t an inadequate defense.

More to the point, forcing “hearing after hearing” to maybe, possibly, get something thrown out runs a risk of showing a lack of acceptance of culpability for the crimes in question.

You still haven’t offered examples of how the judge was biased, either. The only thing she did that’s remotely questionable is playing therapist to the victims from the bench. And, again, given that her sentence is compliant with the plea deal it’s hard to claim bias.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Try watching the sentencing hearing and tell me you don't see something all wrong with that proceeding. Its not yet fully available on Youtube, I checked, but you need only see the last 30 minutes of the "Time" 3 hour clip to get a good feel for the proceeding.

Frankly, its embarrassing

Let's play spot the pedo.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Uh. He admitted his guilt. This was in the sentencing phase and judge has broad leeway in how that occurs. With the flood of accusation, it's clear that he's guilty. To merely have him listen to each and every girl/woman testify was both for his punishment and for their vindication. Imagine telling an 18 year old young woman, who was violated by this dirtbag, that she cannot face him and testify about the horrible things he did to them.

That would be another crime all over again.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

edit on 25-1-2018 by cosmania because: double post

top topics

join