It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Left angry at Democratic leaders shut down collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: AMPTAH

The left are talking crap but they have no leverage.

If your intent is to help the dreamers, all that radical stuff is going to do is screw the dreamers.

Agreed. It's not like the Republicans want to screw over the Dreamers. This constantly having both parties not working together on major issues has GOT to stop. Running the largest economy in the world by 4 week fundings is insane

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Millions of American citizens getting paid

Speaking of getting paid....the government might have shut down but guess who still gets paid??

Seriously America,get your business in order.
It is painful for the rest of us watching.

Hey...at least we have the mud pit to argue and have the occasional illusion,that we are making sense out of things and people,that make no sense.
(they make cents...not sense)

Party on!!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Democrat Left angry at Democrat leaders shut down collapse

Winning!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Kudos to you for recognizing that this truly was a Democrat shutdown. While I was directly affected in the tiny little shutdown (I'm a federal employee, but an "excepted employee," meaning I have to work during shutdowns), I'm just more concerned about the way that our government, on average, is unworkable anymore.

A willingness by the average American politician to compromise has gone the way of the dodo, and it does absolutely nothing but cause problems--sometimes massive ones--in the lives of the people for whom they are supposed to be working.

If this was a Republican shutdown, I would call that out, too, but this one completely falls on the Dems, and I'm with you--had it continued much longer, there would have been massive backlash against the Dems (although the memory of Americans is so short, they probably would forget by the midterm election).

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Trump btw was so quiet and calm during the shutdown tells me that the sinister group who did this stupid shutdown told him to chill out and let the dems screw themselves, and also this serves to divide them for 2018.

This is a well-known tactic that is rarely used by people--let people talk themselves into a trap. People like our politicians love to hear themselves speak words and phrases that have no substance.

With Trump's silence, he simply just allowed the Dem leaders to keep shooting themselves in the foot until they realized that they had gone too far and needed to "cave."

It was a brilliant tactic, to be honest, and it worked flawlessly.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Kudos to you for recognizing that this truly was a Democrat shutdown. While I was directly affected in the tiny little shutdown (I'm a federal employee, but an "excepted employee," meaning I have to work during shutdowns), I'm just more concerned about the way that our government, on average, is unworkable anymore.

One problem with politics is that when ones side does something stupid their followers won’t admit it and castigate them.

I agree most of the time with the democratic philosophy on most issues but when they do something obviously stupid you have to call it out.

For the dems to go around deluding themselves and trying to deceive others with an obvious distortion is ridiculous.

Goes to show us about human nature. Self-deception never works that’s why Trump and his followers are in for a great fall.

edit on 24-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What is the other option? Im not sure how old you are, but until the my generation it was not look on favorably to vote 3rd party. We had Ross Perot break that ceiling in 92.

But arguing for a third party, even in the early 2000's, resulted in accusations that you are a fence sitter, or were throwing your vote away. Strong, independant minds shrug this stuff off. 90% of humanity are not strong, independant minds, though.

So we have 2 parties.

Add to the mix the identity politics that are played, and you have a recipe for people straight out lying to themselves rather than face uncomfortable cognitive dissonance.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Doesn't matter.

The democrats will never give Trump DACA because why give him a "win" during an election year?

The dems are going to sacrifice all 800,000 dreamers on the altar of their ideology and hatred of Trump.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What are you going to do; third parties just cannot get any traction.

There certainly has been many to try.

Bloomberg might have won if he ran this time but he thought Hillary was going to win

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That’s only if they listen to their radicals.

Both radical sides in politics, right-wingers and left-wingers, suck.

In most cases the moderates are on the right side.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What are you going to do; third parties just cannot get any traction.

There certainly has been many to try.

Bloomberg might have won if he ran this time but he thought Hillary was going to win

Kill one or both of the current parties and you will see a few options jockey for position.

And its a moment for us to strike, breaking the stranglehold the parties have on the state electorates and forcing the system to be revived with more open and fair opportunities for candidates to have equal exposure (without ridiculous costs).

I would be lying if i didn't relish the thought of the DNC being destroyed. I would also be lying if i didn't relish the thought of the GOP facing the same fate shortly thereafter.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Do Americans have to pay taxes during the time they were 'shut down' ?

Shutdown drama. The funniest thing about that is how both sides of the aisle play the american people with their phony baloney across the isle arguments. They didn't shut anything down, they never will. They just agree after some mental masturbation to raise the debt ceiling, one more time, as usual.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Trump is not caving. Not an inch. They tried to push him with the #hole comment and then the shutdown. He told them what our country, not he, needed. The DNC and Schumer failed. They are exposed for the actual fraud they are.

The wall had been approved. It needs funding. Schumer tried to pull a fast one, that would have worked if Trump was not there, and it did not work. The DNC has NOTHING to offer Trump and now, since they did what they did, he if he wants can let DACA expire...like it should and it will be the DNC to blame for playing games.

Executive Order 13767 was signed to build the wall. All if needs is funding.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

That’s only if they listen to their radicals.

Both radical sides in politics, right-wingers and left-wingers, suck.

In most cases the moderates are on the right side.

Inmates are running the asylum Will.

Doesn't matter what they're psychosis is.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You see if the dreamers are to succeed they have to compromise. Give the lunatic Trump his goddam wall.

It's not only Trumps wall. It is wanted by the people, like me, who voted for him also.

edit on 24pmWed, 24 Jan 2018 13:24:58 -0600k3241124000000 by darkwingduck because: format

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket
Your really that naive bruh??? Yes the troops still were receiving pay checks. You telling me turn on the radio just shows that you believe what you are told. Please don’t ever speak to me again. You simply don’t know what your talking about.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You can only exploit minorities for political power for so long before it turns on you and you become exposed

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

2012 - 93% to 6% African American Vote
2016 - 88% to 8% African American Vote

This to me was striking in 2016. All that racist talk and talk of unity in the DNC and the DNC lost 5% and the RNC gained 2%. Keep those tax cuts coming and jobs and that will grow in 2020.

Hispanic Whites also left the DNC and more voted RNC even after all of the wall talk.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes I understand that, but given a military family, I know what a late paycheck means to an offbase wife of a deployed husband.

The horribly informed "dude" I was responding to didnt seem to grasp that.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

you dont know what youre talking about. government shutdown stops payment until its reopened. Backpay happens, but that doesnt stop the bills now does it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join