It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Left angry at Democratic leaders shut down collapse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
LINK

I knew the Democratic edge would fade away if they maintained the shut down. I posted numerous times the dems were stupid.

They had crazy Trump and the GOP on the run and this could have derailed that.

But no...the radicals just like right-wing radicals only see their way as the only way.

The democratic radicals are crying and condemning Schumer and other centrist democrats.

Senate Democrats “caved. They blinked. That’s what they do," Democratic Representative Luis Gutierrez of Illinois said in an interview. "It’s unfortunate."

The super lefties don’t realize the American people would have turned against the democrats and the dreamers had the shut down gone on much longer and polling was proof of that.

Democratic Representative Louise Slaughter of New York said she was baffled as to why Schumer didn’t say the government shutdown was McConnell’s fault since he’s responsible for getting the votes. “I hear our numbers are dropping like a rock because, supposedly, we closed the government down,” she said.

“Today’s cave by Senate Democrats—led by weak-kneed, right-of-center Democrats—is why people don’t believe the Democratic Party stands for anything,” Progressive Change Campaign Committee co-founder Stephanie Taylor said in a statement. “These weak Democrats hurt the party brand for everyone and make it harder to elect Democrats everywhere in 2018.”

LINK

All this says is what I posted numerous times

THE SHUT DOWN SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN DONE...

They just wetted the appetite of the radicals who lack common sense and are dogmatic just like the right-wing radicals.

All the shutdown would have done if it continued would have hurt the worthy cause of the dreamers.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Democrat Left angry at Democratic leaders shut down collapse

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Dems didn't want to look bad by not paying our troops because they want to help illegals. This is an election year.
Their seats are more important to them than their supposed causes.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I agree that the Dems allowing a shutdown to push DACA was very bad timing. Their base would be stronger if the shutdown didn't happen. I am disappointed about this, but I am also disappointed in Trump backtracking his stance on ill sign whatever they give me. The Dem leaders should have known that would happen. The GOP knew this and they also knew Trump wouldn't sign it. It was a well played Trump card on behalf of the GOP.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Trump to Schumer: 'If there is no wall, there is no DACA'

President Donald Trump reiterated late Tuesday night that funding for his promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border remains a requirement for any deal to shield undocumented immigrants brought here as children from deportation, a declaration that came hours after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said he would take wall funding off the table in upcoming negotiations.

www.politico.com...

You see if the dreamers are to succeed they have to compromise. Give the lunatic Trump his goddam wall.

Don’t listen to the radicals left or right, both are misguided

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The Dems didn't want to look bad by not paying our troops because they want to help illegals. This is an election year.
Their seats are more important to them than their supposed causes.

That's why the shutdown should have never happened. It made no sense.

I see sinister intent somewhere behind the stupidity of the dem action

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Now these stupid democrats want to talk all this radical crap and they are being stupid.

They don’t have nay power, THEY HAVE TO COMPROMISE

All the super left want is their way, but this is a democracy and now YOU DON’T HAVE THE VOTES

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The troops were still getting paid dude.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And Schumer further dug a hole yesterday by declaring that Trump can forget about "The Wall".

To noone's surprise, President Trump told Schumer, "No Wall? Then no DACA deal."

Like I said in another thread, the Senate should Nuke Option a clean 5 year adjustable budget, and then start negotiating Infrastructure, Immigration, etc..

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
LINK

I knew the Democratic edge would fade away if they maintained the shut down. I posted numerous times the dems were stupid.

They had crazy Trump and the GOP on the run and this could have derailed that.

The Democrats blinked first, because Trump said he couldn't negotiate while the government was shutdown.

So, the Dems reopened the government to "take away" that excuse from Trump.

All that means, is that if Trump doesn't actually negotiate during this reopen period, then the next shutdown on Feb 8th will be permanent, because the Democrats can't "blink twice".

It's time for Trump to blink.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Trump btw was so quiet and calm during the shutdown tells me that the sinister group who did this stupid shutdown told him to chill out and let the dems screw themselves, and also this serves to divide them for 2018.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump to Schumer: 'If there is no wall, there is no DACA'

President Donald Trump reiterated late Tuesday night that funding for his promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border remains a requirement for any deal to shield undocumented immigrants brought here as children from deportation, a declaration that came hours after Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said he would take wall funding off the table in upcoming negotiations.

www.politico.com...

You see if the dreamers are to succeed they have to compromise. Give the lunatic Trump his goddam wall.

Don’t listen to the radicals left or right, both are misguided

It's an easy compromise.... The Dems badly miscalculated that Americans care more about 850,000 dreamers vs Millions of American citizens getting paid or having health insurance.

link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Bluntone22

The troops were still getting paid dude.

Yeah, I know.
Remember this is the facebook age and truth is different than perception.

link   

What you are watching is the beginning of the end of the two party system.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

The left are talking crap but they have no leverage.

If your intent is to help the dreamers, all that radical stuff is going to do is screw the dreamers.

link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

WIthout them providing legislation, that leaves Trump able to rule by EO.

Is that really what you think the DNC base is going to want? How long will refusing to do ones job be tolerated by an electorate?

Until one side or the other stops with political posturing, no one gets to claim the high ground.

link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

What you are watching is the beginning of the end of the two party system.

Why do you say that
edit on 24-1-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

no they werent "dude"
turn on a radio
edit on 24-1-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

They would have gotten paid but it would have been late. After the resolution they receive back pay.

Not that their bills would be on hold

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It’s because they are purists who don’t understand compromise or strategy.

The current impasse of “no wall no DACA” and “no DACA no wall” is actually a lot better than “give us everything we want or we don’t fund CHIP and no DACA.”

Both sides are upping demands now and playing tough. It’s going to be a bumpy ride with some locked horns. In the end the purists will be pissed off because they didn’t get everything their way.

Too bad. Grownups know you have to negotiate and “my way or the highway” isn’t how Democracy works. One can impale themselves on their “principles” (is ideology) or they can work to get crap done. (ETA: this goes for both right and left who are holding the whole system hostage to their more extremist views)

I have no sympathy for ideologues. They left had the most progressive platform in modern history, having succeeded in pulling the Dems left through Bernie and they then “Berned” that opportunity.

But if Clinton had won, we’d have a rage-fest from the far right and no doubt plenty of the same stuff as we do now.

Meh.

edit on 24-1-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join