It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement is under Assault in America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: luthier

Do you even know what DOJ stands for ? It is the Department of Justice and the FBI is a part of the DOJ so they are the same entity...the DOJ is the administration of the Federal Investigating Services.

That's akin to saying that a county is the same entity as a state, because the county is a part of the state.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

a reply to: dragonridr

Manipulated statistics that drive funding for these police departments may show that, but in reality, when you're getting mugged, a LEO will not be around. They will be more than happy to come file a report on the incident. This is because the MAJORITY of police work when dealing with violent crimes is reactionary from a call from a victim or witness. While I'm sure police have stumbled upon crimes in progress and stopped them, more often then not they are responding after the fact.

As far as the guns go. I'm simply trying to provide an alternative or perhaps a better way to do things based upon current events. Police tend to escalate things in order to maintain their authority and if rank and file police on traffic duty were disarmed I think they would be a lot more civil when dealing with the general public. Arm the reactionary police force to the teeth, because there is a clearly defined need.

edit on 24-1-2018 by husker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SCG20

Although many of your examples I disagree with, I agree with the overall assertion that, as a nation, we are taking a new look at our supposed LEO organizations. For a decade and a half after 9/11, our LEO's and armed services could do no wrong. They were all heroes. This lead to quite a bit of abuse. The pendulum is swinging back the other way.

As for the FBI, they've been a corrupt organization since their inception and continue to be. They wield awesome power and are rarely called to account. I have no doubt there are many honest and brave employees of the FBI but the corporate atmosphere is one of being above the law.

As for ICE officers, I've not seen one called out. Some people are against the deportations, etc. but I think most of the blame is going to POTUS and not the guys actually doing it.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

No one is above reproach. Not the government, the military, federal LE or local LE. The "good agents" (and I'm sure there are plenty) only get to claim that title if they are opposing the bad ones (or their ideology via their actions).

That said, the flak rank and file FBI special agents are taking isn't fair to them. It is a small minority of agents involved in this scandal/conspiracy, and the majority of their employees have been judged unfairly.

You are correct that LE as a whole is under fire though. Anti-LE rhetoric is common place, and the narrative is advanced by MSM/special interests. Cops are losing their lives over this BS, yet talking heads on the television drone on and on about how "evil and systemically corrupt" they are. Seems like every week anymore I read another EOW for some brave soul who was just trying to do this dangerous job and make a living for their family.
edit on 1/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
that's because they are enforcing the drug war and giving everyone problems by A being dicks to people who don't deserve it and B writing tickets for things like parking violations

every American knows these things are wrong yet they continue

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

welp, if everyday American's didn't lose trust in the judicial system then maybe it wouldn't be a problem

everyday we sit back and watch corruption happening in our local governments and yet all police forces can do is investigate potheads.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If the FBI would simply stick to law enforcement, there'd be no issue here. The problem is that they are also deep into black ops, cointelpro, and the seedy underworld of internal regime change. None of those hats are even remotely needed for efficient law enforcement. In other words, if the FBI continues to refuse to simply and efficiently do their damn job and nothing more, then they deserve to be mothballed.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Where do you source your information? It is hyperbole of the highest order to claim LEOs spend all day hassling pot heads. A good number couldn't care less personally, and enforce such laws because it is their job to do so. You should take up these ridiculous laws with the ones who made them (or better yet those who put those people in power).

Putting down LE because of corrupt local officials is again misdirected anger. Vote these people out, or gather enough information about it so LE can actually do something. You can't prosecute someone simply because "you know" they are "corrupt." There has to be specific and provable examples of conduct that violates a certain law. Those very same protections against unjust government persecution make legitimately prosecuting crimes that much more difficult. Especially conspiracy which is by definition covert.

No one is saying things are perfect. They may be far from it. The revelations with some key players in the FBI is proof of that. The fact such a small minority of bad apples could make such an extreme impact is contemptable. Makes everyone look bad, and irreparably harms their reputation.

But the real question is do you have a better idea?
edit on 1/24/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The problem I see is there is a massive difference for federal law enforcement training and screening compared to local police.

Local police are being given more responsibility and tools bit not better training, pay, screening etc and forced to deal with more and more of societies problems.

You see almost no over weight fbi agents for instance in the field in comparison.

Readiness in local policing and training from conflict resolution to even fire arms training is incredibly inaccurate. Most officers in the US are out of shape by the fbi statistics.

These are terrible things to do for officers in the field dealing with crisis. So bad things happen.

People like Jeff sessions say they are for cops but where is the training, mental health support, better rotations, and better pay? They don't need tanks and AR's. They can't even shoot what they currently have hence crazy weighted triggers on the side arms.

Personally I want police to have all the things I mentioned not more toys and lip service.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join