It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law Enforcement is under Assault in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Strange, isn't it, I just checked the NYT and no mention of this.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
How about you shut down the NSA first?

Thanks, the rest of the free world.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I have heard the narrative

Did you now?

Strzok, despite his talk of an “insurance policy” in 2016, wrote in May of 2017 that he was skeptical Mueller’s probe would find anything on Trump because “there’s no big there there.

Sure didn't stop the illegal spying.

Sure didn't stop political hacks like Feinstein.

And sure hasn't stopped this snip from being dragged out for over a year with no end in sight.

But hey just as long as YOUR guys are doing it.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Carry that water. The media thanks you..

My guys Rand Paul and Amash voted no. So....

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: SCG20

I agree and disagree.

The right wants the corruption gone.

The Left wants the laws gone.

There is a HUGE difference.

Most prophetic words I’ve read on these boards sonce I joined...

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Martin75

I agree and disagree.

The right wants the corruption gone.

The Left wants the laws gone.

There is a HUGE difference.

Most prophetic words I’ve read on these boards sonce I joined...

Little dose of reality

Senate joined the House today in rejecting reforms to federal surveillance laws to make sure that the private communications of Americans are not snooped on by officials without warrants.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Reply to Luthier

I wouldn't doubt it.
The leftist hero Mueller is going to be in quite the pickle right after people are reminded that his 12 years of running the fbi was the most scandalous period in the fbi's history.
The protection racket, state departments pay to play, supervising uranium delivery, fast and furious, etc....

The cabal will be exposed, as will all its dirty laundry.
Luthier
edit on 24-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

we can put those SOB's in jail right after we get done with the current crop of SOB's that need jailing.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
"Law Enforcement" has a reason to be under scrutiny. At all levels they continue to show contempt forg the very laws they swore to uphold, a true double standard between civilians and themselves. In addition to that, it seems they universally are either incapable or unwilling to root out the bad among themselves.

Seems like anyone, be it law enforcement, elected official, or career employee that makes it to Washington is inherently corrupt. Which is a symptom of a problem separate from the issue of law enforcement.

I don't understand why law enforcement "must be respected". At the local levels a cop isn't going to save you from getting murdered, they wont stop you from getting robbed, and the majority won't even help you jump a car or fix a flat. They don't stop drugs from being sold, organized crime is just as rampant as ever, and every day crimes go unsolved. Armed police in cars driving around solve nothing, and dissuade no one from doing what they were going to do anyway.

We need traffic police in the United States, but I personally don't think they need to be armed or have anymore power then to write tickets and haul off intoxicated drivers. Clearly label them as what they are, revenue collectors. Personally I think that armed police when needed should operate like a professional fire department. When they are needed they get a call and respond quickly. The committing of crimes will remain the same, but your average citizen won't have to worry about saying or doing the wrong thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The current crop imo are the ones with legislative power right now. The guys who just rejected reigning in the surveillance programs that caused the mess. In fact expanded on them.

It's scum all the way down. I don't expect the results people seem to believe in.

But hey I have seen it for decades. Some people are new to politics.

Can you name the last DOJ who wasn't a political scumbag?

Maybe Bobby Kennedy?
edit on 24-1-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Sorry I don't buy it.

Until they change lobby power and term limits. Nothing will change.

It is just divisive politics as usual. Just with growth hormones.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Trump/DOJ supports law enforcement in general. But as with the political arena, there are swamp-creatures in U.S. Federal and State law enforcement. They are being dealt with.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Hewhowaits

Until they change lobby power and term limits. Nothing will change.

Now this is something I agree with.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The current crop imo are the ones with legislative power right now. The guys who just rejected reigning in the surveillance programs that caused the mess. In fact expanded on them.

It's scum all the way down. I don't expect the results people seem to believe in.

But hey I have seen it for decades. Some people are new to politics.

Can you name the last DOJ who wasn't a political scumbag?

Maybe Bobby Kennedy?

MAYBE Bobby Kennedy....but I don't put much faith in the ethics of the Kennedy's.

After the Kennedy assassination, things went from bad to Mordor.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: husker13

You have a warped view of reality. Police stop violent crimes all the time.it's been shown over and over increasing numbers of police officers can reduce crime. Next police need the ability to defend themselves because like it or not the people they deal with carries guns.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The Right is Attacking the FBI: And the Claim is that the Obama Justice Department Weaponized them to Spy and Secretly Investigate the rival Political Parties just like the IRS who admitted to going after Conservative Groups.

I wonder why ?

To big to believe

It's the Bernie Madoff syndrome.

We as a society, create these "high positions" for people, supposedly "to protect us" in some way, from the corruption inherent in rest of the population, but instead we only end up creating a "corrupt podium" from which a single individual can perpetuate an even greater evil than any ordinary man could normally.

So, Bernie Madoff was the "Chairman" of the NASDAQ Stock Exchange, the organized body created "to protect" the investors and traders, establish the working rules, and police the enforcement of those rules, ensuring all participants in this financial arena are honest and upright in their dealings with each other.

That automatically gave Bernie the "status" of a very honest man, since, of course, he's the head of the enforcement organization charged with the responsibility of keeping everybody else honest. The fact that Mr Madoff sat in this "podium" for part of his career, on his resume, gave him "the license" to commit a much bigger crime than any ordinary man could, because people automatically "assumed" that his character was above reproach, that he was somehow different from the rest of us, better in some "more honest" way, and therefore could be more trusted with our monies, than say giving our neighbor the same money to trade for us.

But, the truth is, that as soon as we create one of these "high positions", the most corrupt among us "seek out" those positions, and wrangle their way through the system in an effort to sit in that very "chair", because they realize that it's much easier for them to carry out their corrupt plans behind that "screen" of "perfection", than to play the small game of the ordinary crook.

We should eliminate all these "high position" in society for individuals, and replace them with "a committee" of men, and that committee should be replaced periodically, so they never get entrenched powers that would enable them to be bigger crooks than the rest of us.

edit on 24-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
A misdemeanor isn’t going to hold an MD back. That is absurd. Deporting a DOCTOR is absurd but we’re all in like the #ed up different dimension where hate is embraced and a jackbag is holding the Oval Office hostage. So it is what it is.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Do you even know what DOJ stands for ? It is the Department of Justice and the FBI is a part of the DOJ so they are the same entity...the DOJ is the administration of the Federal Investigating Services.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Do you even know what DOJ stands for ? It is the Department of Justice and the FBI is a part of the DOJ so they are the same entity...the DOJ is the administration of the Federal Investigating Services.

The fbi is actually monitored by Congress the AG and the director of natonal intelligence.

The DOJ is the umbrella for federal law enforcement.

Why do you ask?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I said maybe.

He did enough good to get killed for it.

A step better than reno, ashcroft, holder, lynch, or sessions I would say.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join