It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea reschedules army anniversary, parade to day before Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

North Korea will mark the founding anniversary of its army the day before the Winter Olympic Games open in South Korea in a muscle flexing move

a South Korean government official ... reported seeing the mobilization of around 13,000 troops and some 200 pieces of equipment near an airport in Pyongyang

speculation is rife that there is high probability of a large scale military parade taking place on the day
Source

For the past 40 years, North Korea has celebrated its military on April 25 - often with a large military parade. North Korea has suddenly decided to change things up a bit and hold their celebrations on the day before the Olympic games in South Korea are set to begin. It seems likely that their huge military parade will be held on that day, as the mobilization of large amounts of troops and equipment has already begun.
This move seems extremely provocative, especially since the Olympic games are about to take place nearby. What is North Korea's goal with this? Is it possible they're preparing for something other than a parade?

edit on 1/24/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz
Olympics participation and army celebration are both about "North Korea is great", so it does make sense to combine them.
If they disrupted the Olympics with an attack, North Koreans would not be able to win medals, which would spoil the point.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well I doubt it will interfere with the tv viewership of the Olympics in north Korea.
They don't have tv or the few that do can only watch state approved programming.
Couldn't let anyone see those dirty capitalists winning.

Somehow in the little mind of that pudgy bastards he thinks this will make him look strong.
Bring your army to a sporting event!
He's obviously out of touch with reality which makes him dangerous.

(post by Subaeruginosa removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
see.. ding dong dos what he says. Unlike the Donald and the wall of farts.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

They march funny! I think they need to change the music though, especially when viewed from the side as they march by. I think the Can-Can would be more appropriate but that's probably just me.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

They march funny! I think they need to change the music though, especially when viewed from the side as they march by. I think the Can-Can would be more appropriate but that's probably just me.
No. It should be the twist to reflect their twisted mentality!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I think, maybe they are doing it, to make sure they have the worlds attention. Grandstanding.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
On the other hand, it could be the perfect opportunity to reignite the war and take out the "most athletic people in the world" recusing the North Koreans' own athletes.

Considering the delusional mindset of N-Ko, it is certainly within the realm of possibility to consider this a possible action on their part.

Would certainly kick off a very big event, too, pretty much-putting everyone in the USA's proverbial corner, and who knows how it would snowball from there.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

edit on 7/9/2018 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join