It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When your young your liberal and when your old your conservative , explained.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No the reason we can’t trust buisness is because things that are horrendous for society are extremely profitable..

Take slavery.. doesn’t get anymore profitable than slavery.. and big buisness didn’t decide to stop using slave labor out of the goodness of their hearts..

The federal government had to fight a war.. then use military force to end it..

Hell the planters were the CEO’s of that day..

We don’t have a minimum wage because businesses were paying their people too much...we have a minimum wage becaushe buisnesses are only concerned with profit, not paying enough for their employees to prosper.

The reason we have environmental protections is because it is cheaper just to bury nuclear waste and dump factory refuse into the rivers.

The reason we have emploee protections is because it is cheaper not to have any..

I really hope you realize how crazy that is..

Even more importantly.. just imagine the unmitigated disaster that private armies and police forces would be..

Ask the Romans what happens when armies are loyal to individuals not the state...gives you chills..

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

All ownership comes from the state.. you don’t own your house, the government allows you to own your house...

If the government vanishes tomorrow, you don’t own your stuff the local warlord does..

Maybe you think your tough enough to be that warlord, but the local gang leaders would likely disagree..

All of tbat personal responsibility stuff is just deflections TPTB use so people don’t hold them accountable for their actions..

Anyone working their employees for 40 hours a week (full time jobs) paying less than one person could EVER support just themselves on. Then you are not a profitable buisness, you are a slum lord.

Screw a family of four nonsense..

Minimum wage will not pay for 1 individual in the worst conditions..

There is no way in the worlds most powerful country that a full time job shouldn’t be able to pay for the worst apartment, the worse clothing, the worst food , the worst phone and the worst car..

And minimum wage will not pay for one person to just survive..

That’s a slum lord, not a profitable buisness..

People working full time have personal responsibility..

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Ahh, now thats the kind of communication that leaves me feeling good about it. Ty for clarifying. See ya round the campus!

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

I try to avoid it but any time I say “you” I almost always mean “any random individual “....

So atleast where I am concerned, never take anything as pointed at you specifically..

None of us know each other personally, so I am ONLY referring to the argument whoever is making (almost said you, damn it) and the logic behind that argument.

Thank you for your time. (That time I do mean you specifically lol)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

All your examples are pointing at a psy-op using thesis-antithesis=synthesis

Hegelian dialectic an interpretive method, originally used to relate specific entities or events to the absolute idea, in which an assertable proposition (thesis) is necessarily opposed by its apparent contradiction (antithesis), and both reconciled on a higher level of truth by a third proposition (synthesis). Also called Hegelian triad.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

No. The Hegelian Triad doesn't sit on top of a pyramid to keep an eye on you either. Yes, you are paranoid as fck and the OP nearly washed your brain. I know. Same here but I'll keep fighting to die as a proud dadaist and dialectics help a lot.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Minimum wage is for entry level if you career path ends there it's nobody else fault.

Simple really

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: SlapMonkey

You can pick any social issue you want and that dynamic holds true..

It is called progress..

Racism, sufferage, slavery, gay fights, intergration...

What is conservative today, was the liberal position 40 years ago, and the conservative position of 40 years ago would disgust the average conservatives today...

True. But the usage of language alone varies quite a lot over time as well. Which leaves us with insufficient definitions and terms over time and people have to come up with new ones constantly. Even more so with all the Newspeak PR in action.

Just a silly question, but can't we simply ignore lables for good?
edit on 25-1-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Business is not the enemy, nor is it govt. The enemy is human nature. We seek to enforce our will upon other people in different ways. So the best solution is following a very simple set of legal principles designed to preserve individual liberties and enforce personal responsibility above all other things. That is what the Bill of Rights was designed to do, but a legal code is only effective if society consents to adopting it. The very idea of slavery contradicts the Bill of Rights, yet society chose to turn a blind eye for a very long time.

So in light of that, how is business, government, or any other organization the problem? How is regulation the solution when we are the regulators?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well.. of course what a liberal "is" and what a conservative "is" change over time. What they are at any given time is entirely based on a cultural baseline that changes over time.

Being a derivative of something that changes will inevitably mean that they change as well.

Conservative and liberal ideology, as illustrated by others, describe an individuals outlook on social and cultural change. Liberalism tends to want to jump straight to the ideal, regardless of reality, and conservatism tends to ascribe to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" maxim.

So, we have a changing baseline as well as the change (or lack of) in personal perspective as an individual ages. They both play into the end result.

And, of course, the actual political parties that appeal to these mindsets only do so to gain support. They rarely work towards actual conservative or liberal ideologies. Rather, its more about figuring out how to prevent the thread of feudalism unraveling from the changing weave of social structure.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I don’t care how entry level the job is. If you work someone for 40 hours (full time) they should be able to take care of JUST THEMSELVES..

No entry level should not necessarily take care of a family of 4, BUT IT SHOULD ABSOLUTELY TAKE CARE OF THE 1 person doing the job!! Minimum wage will not even remotely do them at..

To reiterate my point. Full time Minimum wage should pay for 1person’s;

1) The worst studio apartment and basic utilities.

2) thrift store cloths.

3) 3000 car or bus fare in urban settings + gas and maintenance. (Can’t work without transportation.

4) Cheap food.. not rice and beans, but not steak either.

5) a phone and service. (Can’t work without a phone).

6) basic health care.

When a buisness isn’t even doing that, it means the rest of society is subsidizing your employees..

It is just ridiculous to say otherwise..

B) it’s a flawed argument off the jump because There are not enough management jobs for everyone..

Your scenerio only works if there is always a ladder to climb..

Take a fast food chain for instance..

Let’s sa A single restaurant has, for easy math 100 employees and 4-8 managers.

Say in this hypothetical Everyone is a great employee and deserves promotions.

Well you only have 8 slots for promotions..

What do the other 92 people do???

They have to go outside the company..

So no they are not entry level jobs if there is not a big enough ladder for everyone to climb.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

For sure.

I however think the better definition for conservatives and liberals is,

Conservatives = adhering to the traditions of the established social order.

Liberals = waning to ignore traditions and change the social order.

That is why we can apply those labels to any country or political system.

Of course it gets tricky..

What about when someone wants to change the established order, but to a previous way of doing things??

Exc..

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Because their democrat base back then was large enough to vote them into office, as that core base shrank they needed to import more votes of those that would be dependent on the government.
edit on 26-1-2018 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2018 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Problem is that our conservatives and liberals are mostly run by the neocons and neoliberals, which are largely corporatist front men. The us today is so far right that they think the democrats are liberals, meanwhile our democrats fall on the right wing compared to any other western industrialized nations.

So, the labels today are largely meaningless. Do you want the Republican conservatives, who wish to destroy all social programs instantly to enrich their corporate masters? Or would you prefer the democrats who also serve the same corporate masters, but will destroy your social programs more slowly?

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

How many conservatives do you know of who are against inter-racial marriage? I don't think I know Anyone who is against it. Thanks for showing us just how far up your digestive tract youve seen with your own eyeballs.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: mikell

Your scenario only works if there is always a ladder to climb..

Take a fast food chain for instance..

Let’s sa A single restaurant has, for easy math 100 employees and 4-8 managers.

Say in this hypothetical Everyone is a great employee and deserves promotions.

Well you only have 8 slots for promotions..

What do the other 92 people do???

They have to go outside the company..

So no they are not entry level jobs if there is not a big enough ladder for everyone to climb.

The scenario is that you flip burgers while you go to night school to get knowledge/training in an industry you like or have interest in that provides a path for advancement. I honestly don't know anyone who's dream job is to manage a Burger King.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join