It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chickenhawks and the falling sky and deferrments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have been searching for info on the chicken hawks, you know the ones hawkish on war but was getting deferrments when they themselves had the opportunity to go. Here is what I have so far and was wondering if anyone had more info on the rest of them. I find it very interesting that the ones leading us into this war and spouting patriotism never went to war or even joined the service other than Bush as far as I can tell, correct me if I am wrong. Of course everyone knows that many went into the National Guard to avoid Vietnam. TIA, please provide link if you have one that gives them all. TIA
President Bush, joined National Guard and stayed in Texas 11 days before college deferrment was up
VP Dick Cheney 5 school deferrments and 1 marriage deferrment
Donald Rumsfeld college ROTC, 3 school deferrments
John Ashcroft 7 deferrments ? What type do you know?
Tom Ridge ?
Karl Rove?
Richard Perle?
Paul Wolfowitz?
Tom Delay?

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well you know the old saying , "Those Who Can't , Teach"
Seems like they are teaching war pretty good

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Here's a link to the New Hampshire Gazette and they have been keeping a list of chickenhawks for years now.

www.nhgazette.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks I put this in favorites but the problem with it putting who the chickenhawks are they don't list anything about deferrments, which proves these chickenhawks actively sought to not go, they filed paperwork to keep from going. Anybody else got a website that lists them all including deferrments? TIA

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
well it would seem that it is really hard to find info on this but here is a list of prominent republicans and democrats who did and did not serve in the military, also a list of pundits. For some reason my browser will not show the edit button for my first post, apparently Rumsfeld did eventually serve I the military. I wanted to make sure I updated that info.

www.bushisajoke.com...

We thought this was interesting....

A case could be made that this will be the last election in which military service in Vietnam has any political currency. For the record, it's worth noting who really served among the heavyweights in each of the major political parties. There are some surprises here. Be sure to read to the end where the TV pundits who jabber about military service have their military credentials exposed. The hypocrisy is staggering.

[edit on 18-2-2005 by goose]

top topics

join