It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tractor beam breakthrough could one day levitate humans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Levitating humans could be in our future, thanks to a scientific breakthrough in acoustic tractor beam technology

Engineers from the University of Bristol have demonstrated that it’s possible to stably levitate objects using the world’s most powerful acoustic tractor beams.
Source

This is really interesting. Scientists have successfully managed to levitate small objects using an "acoustic tractor beam". Basically, they blast inaudible sound at the object in such a way that they form a sort of "sound tornado" around the object, lifting it into the air.
This reminds me of how sometimes people report during ufo encounters that everything around them seemed to have gone completely silent.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Just watched the video and I must say that this technology could have many many benefits for all kind of things. Great find, this is what ATS is all about. S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I highly recommend they not use acoustic levitation on humans, or any animal for that matter. A body won't cope well with the angular momentum and intense vibration.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

The “tornado” part is spot on! Doing the same with superfluid gas does the same thing at the quantum level. Except it prevents the gravity field from forming (TEOT’s speculation. I just call how it’s done “quantum magic” and leave it that. They can make quantum vortices so this is a start!)

“Anti-gravity” aside, this may make fully suspended graphene production possible. Which also changes the world!

We are almost ‘one step beyond’!!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Tractor beams, I knew it wasn't wooden rollers and malnourished slaves...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Beam me a tractor Scotty.
This planet is perfect for growing corn.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

My belief is that sound waves will lead humanity to create god like technology. I felt this way ever since I saw this experiment many years ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
this is how that dude made the coral castle in florida i bet

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Pulleys, counterbalances and winches you mean?

Read the same thing about acoustic tractor beams in 2014- does it work now or something??

edit on 24-1-2018 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I found this!

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This sounds like a great step forward. The question of how's it able to be used against us? Hust wondering.

Kocag

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
of course this will be weaponized... but what a great piece of tech.

i wonder if the Hutchinson effect is a better line of research for modern day scientists.

edit on 24-1-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Think there are some alleged reports of Tibetan monks using sound and chats/drums beats to levitate rocks, and/or move them into position, this type of technology sounds remarkably similar in action and effect.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The “tornado” part is spot on! Doing the same with superfluid gas does the same thing at the quantum level. Except it prevents the gravity field from forming (TEOT’s speculation. I just call how it’s done “quantum magic” and leave it that. They can make quantum vortices so this is a start!)

“Anti-gravity” aside, this may make fully suspended graphene production possible. Which also changes the world!

We are almost ‘one step beyond’!!

pseudo-scientific nonsense

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I think the power requirements to lift a human would be rather large, like a few hundred kilowatts. Not sure if I would want to be anywhere close to such a system.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Big deal just open the door to a bar that has a band playing and feel the sound push you back .
As for uses not many the amount of energy to move something that weighs 20 pounds would be so much the cost is high when you can just pick it up by hand .

The only real good use is Lab when working with dangress stuff then you may well avoid blowing your self up lol .
Sound ps the one dude it correct the vibrations would be murder if used on a living thing .

Magantic fields that are super strong can do the same thing and they already had a living spider and strawberry in that .
The spider as not happy lol .

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Although power requirements will be an issue i imagine its more to do with achieving and sustaining the correct frequency and interlocking properties of such.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Magnetic fields and our ability to generate them will also allow us to manipulate fusion reactions and possibly even facilitate the storage of antimatter particles in sufficient quantities somewhere down the line in ways that this type of audio forcefield technology simply would not allow.

It also has its own merits though, if it turns out to be scalable and does what it say on the tin the possibilities are rather numerous to say the least.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
of course this will be weaponized... but what a great piece of tech.

i wonder if the Hutchinson effect is a better line of research for modern day scientists.

Hutchinson effect cause by tuning in a certain Frequency and other instruments

that Hutchinson played with from old Navy Electronic Equipment...

He Should wrote down what he did the Setting the Formula and what Equipment he used
a shame that he didn't ,,

anyhow the Dreams of levitation, Magnetic Beams, Trac Beams and ANTI GRAVITY

had been around science Fiction Pulp Magazines of the 1930s

all over the front covers and inside illustrations
of Amazing Stories Wonder Stories , Astounding Stories etc..

for example

Wonder Stories 1931 June

edit on 32018WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago123 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The article is BS, this could never be used to levitate anything anywhere near the mass of a human.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join