It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I am visiting Texas and decided to go to Mexico and they wouldn't let me in.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I agree with a couple of other posters that this thread could very well be fake. You need a passport to enter Mexico or the right travel card. If you're from out of the US you need a passport to cross any international border except with the afore mentioned card. Perhaps a mod should delete this thread and I've seen worse. It must be a slow day...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Wait. Come on! How is it even POSSIBLE not to find this just, devastatingly hilarious?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You need a passport.

Mexico has laws dammit.

Actually, no you don't. Have been several times and have no passport. They were quite happy to let me in and spend my money visiting Mayan sites.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Getting across the border into Mexico is a hell of a lot easier than going through TSA at the airport without getting groped by a stooge in rubber gloves because my titanium hip prosthesis sets off the metal detectors.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I was refused entry into canada once when I was younger for not having a piece of paper.
they were more looking out for me than anything else, I wouldn't have been able to get back into the country without that piece of paper.
maybe you would have been happier if they let you through, just to find out that you would have to be smuggled back into the country in a truckfull of illegal aliens?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

So you're upset that border guards are enforcing the law?

Or you're upset that Mexico has laws that require you to have a passport to enter?

I'm not really sure what the point of your post is to be honest.

Every border station is manned by guards and there are requirements to enter. That's kind of a no brainer.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've walked into Mexico via Nogales with a lady-friend and the border officials barely glanced at us. We were in another country in a matter of seconds. There were HUNDREDS of (Mexican) people lining up to enter the United States apparently to go grocery shopping. On our return to the US we didn't even have to show ID, and bypassed the lengthy line of (other) people waiting to enter the US.

I did purchase a bottle of Kahlua, but what sticks out most in my mind was the woman I saw with a (her?) baby in a cardboard box- she was feeding it McDonald's KETCHUP PACKETS. The poverty was quite visible, but I didn't see any crazy meth-heads like I usually see on every corner of Seattle. One fellow did follow us for several blocks trying to sell us a hammock. He started out at $20, then $15, a block later $10, "ONLY $8 senor!, he finally gave up when I wouldn't accept his final offer of $5.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I've taken many trips to Mexico at the Nuevo Progresso part of the border.
Never had any problems.
I like it down there.
Good food...cheap booze.
I would advise staying out of trouble with the Policia.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wow. You actually spent time making this post.

Gonna file this under “things that never happened”

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You need a passport now to cross the border,when you go to Mexico must follow their laws,kind of the opposite of the USA not racist,and I think this is a story,because if you were to have said that,you would have been dragged to the border,they don't push human rights there

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I really feel as if this is satirical in nature.
This part especially has me believing that,

I said fine, you racist fascist, but i will be back, and when i do, I will bring women in pink hats and we all shall have poster boards with sayings Sounds kind of crazy, it was crazy to type, but tell me how that is not the narrative that some people actually believe, well if you replace mexican with american government, that is

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Last time i went i was greeted by fully armed milirltary carrying what looked like SCAR rifles on the Mexican side. The guards all looked angry and had bloodshot eyes. They scoured through our stuff both entering and leaving.

On the US side it was a dude in a green uniform with a sidearm glancing at our passports and asking us if we had anything to declare, before letting us through

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Mexico invented macho, you know what they will tell you to do with your pink hat.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
You need a passport now to cross the border,when you go to Mexico must follow their laws,kind of the opposite of the USA not racist,and I think this is a story,because if you were to have said that,you would have been dragged to the border,they don't push human rights there

No, you don't need a passport to enter Mexico. You only need a passport to re-enter the U.S. By air. If you enter Mexico by driving, as a pedestrian or by sea all you have to do is show photo ID and a birth certificate, fill out paperwork and pay a small fee that's about $20. Passports not required thigh for US citizens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join