It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you make it to heaven...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hell is not a place for punishment, is a place of cleanliness. In the bible right after people is thrown out into hell, John saw a new Earth and a new Heaven. This people won't remember anything.

The ones that go to heaven will witness the glory of GOD. These people, some will remember, some not.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

YES, what you said.....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Hell is not a place for punishment, is a place of cleanliness. In the bible right after people is thrown out into hell, John saw a new Earth and a new Heaven. This people won't remember anything.

The ones that go to heaven will witness the glory of GOD. These people, some will remember, some not.

I believe their ...hell.... will be a knowing and separation from God, never to behold

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They have meds for this in heaven. It's all covered with your policy.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Say you make it into heaven, you walk up to the pearly gates and as you get closer they start to open with angel harps and all playing in the background, you then step into heavenly bliss.

But uh oh, there aren't many people here because only a very few will make it, right? And you notice that uncle Jeff isn't here, neither is your best friend or a few other very close friends and relatives who passed on before you. Say you have children and after waiting for what seems like eternity they never show up, you come to find out that all these people that are missing from your life in heaven were either faking their faith or somehow didn't meet the standards of God in order to make the cut.

You then realize that at that very moment they are in hell suffering for eternity, in the most agonizing pain imaginable for the rest of their existence (forever apparently) and somehow you are still in "heavenly bliss" despite knowing these things. How does this work? How can someone be happy and in bliss for eternity knowing that just on the other side of those gates you walked through your family and friends who didn't make the cut are suffering?

Just a thought I had and wanted to share it with some. Can anyone explain this supposed contradiction to me? If hell is not suffering but non-existence then how does that make it any better? People hurt from someone's death because they know they will not see them again in this lifetime, what about the knowledge you will literally never see them again? That would be almost too much to take I would think, but apparently everything in heaven is perfect and all of its inhabitants are in bliss.

Take that how you will, it is just an interesting thought I had.

You assume hell is eternal punishment, I don't read that in the text
Also you assume that those you love are were Christian because they said they were, they made a choice on how they lived their lives

Right now I know many people I have loved have not chosen God, they are dead.
What should I do?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Your "Uncle Jeff" from Your life is now "niece Harmony, You know for that 'hippie couple'... You know lil Timmy w/cancer that everyone just LOVES? He was a serial murderer last time or will be the next time or versa visa. Now there are some folks that have 'earned enough credits' so they can go on and visit the other planets. Why do You think TheCreator put them so far apart? So even if You figured out the secret, who would You tell? by the 'time' (it isn't what You think it is) You get to the next planet everyone You would've told wouldn't be in their same bonebag/skinsuit. There are some that keep coming back to assist other Selfs in their trip..

Oh and St. Peter who at one time would sit in judgement? He now is known as 'Petey Beach' and plays shuffleboard in St. Petersburg, Florida 4x a week so You now have to judge Your own Self, because in actuality who is harder on You than You?

Maybe those who professed a religion™ just didn't pick the right one??? Or maybe it is that they CHOSE a religion™ and that is the reason?? Why would anyOne allow the most important relationship You could possibly have to have a 3rd party? Self/Creator and Not Self/Church/Peer group/Pastor Dave/Creator. Plus if You do get it used/regurgitated You are receiving whatever message the now interloper got when they got their religion™... 2 words: Yikes!!

Stay Hydrated... (see You 'there' as You are the 'other Me', We'll have a big laugh o'er this.. see: Bell's Theorem)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I think God is more merciful than we give him credit for. A lot of people you wouldn't suspect might be there. Angry Aunt Mildred? Maybe God had mercy on her, knowing how she tried, though her failures were quite visible.

Also, purgatory is a lovely idea, in my mind. A second chance.

I bet hell is far less full than we think. The Sacred Heart of Jesus wants to open the floodgates of compassion on all souls.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
If they are playing that crappy Christian music when I arrive.
I am diving straight off into the Abyss.
An enternity of that # would be pure hell.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
After reading all the koolaid drinkers, I think I'll make a stiff one for myself.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If the world were to end today, my brother and two best friends probably would not be in heaven. That is an agonizing thought, yet it is what I believe. I don't look at heaven as a big party paradise. Sure, there will be parties and such, but heaven is about being close to God not family/friends. Relationship with God comes first. Family/friends are periferial. We are to be unified in our love for God. In light of that, those who go to hell go and remain there by their own choosing.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   
God is The Spirit of Life, and God created our Spirits by breathing His Spirit into these bodies and giving us Individuality. If God causes anyone to suffer for all eternity, then He will be hurting Himself for all eternity. Human beings are ignorant enough to wish for someone to suffer, but God is more intelligent than that. If someone is hurting others, then they are ignorant that everything is connected. This is why Jesus said to love your neighbours and your enemies, and that God gives sunlight and rain to the good and evil.

God has love for all. Christ will draw all man(kind) to himself from Compassion and understanding the intense pain that HE suffered on The Cross.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightofgratitude
God is The Spirit of Life, and God created our Spirits by breathing His Spirit into these bodies and giving us Individuality. If God causes anyone to suffer for all eternity, then He will be hurting Himself for all eternity. Human beings are ignorant enough to wish for someone to suffer, but God is more intelligent than that. If someone is hurting others, then they are ignorant that everything is connected. This is why Jesus said to love your neighbours and your enemies, and that God gives sunlight and rain to the good and evil.

God has love for all. Christ will draw all man(kind) to himself from Compassion and understanding the intense pain that HE suffered on The Cross.

Well said. But you will not gain any favor by most religious people. For thousand of years wars have been fought just because religion dogmas are selfish. For thousand of years, they believe nothing but themselves as God's chosen one and everyone else is forsaken by God. It doesn't matter whether you're christian, a moslem or a Jew. Even, religious wars were fought by the Hindus or the Shinto's or among Pagan tribes themselves. No one will concede to the idea that their beloved God loves everyone equally. Equality and fairness doesn't exist despite what Jesus had taught.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You then realize that at that very moment they are in hell suffering for eternity, in the most agonizing pain imaginable for the rest of their existence (forever apparently) and somehow you are still in "heavenly bliss" despite knowing these things.Text

I don't know about all religions but, in most Judaism, Sheol is only for the intermediary sinners as purgation of the soul for not more than one year. Then that soul is released to the earthly Gan Eden as the first step and then to the second heavenly Gan Eden for the second step. The soul is then prepared for reincarnation to try once more. If a soul is justified it is given a a place in the bundle of life as a bodiless soul in heavenly bliss.

In Christianity, the spirit of the dead soul is judged immediately in death and taken to the kingdom of heaven or Sheol [hell]. If in Sheol [hell] it is never released but in the final day of judgment all hell and those in hell are cast into the lake of fire. The rest is pure speculation with no clear answer as to what is next. Some believe that the spirit faces annihilation while others believe in eternal punishments of various sorts. In either case the spirit is not in hell forever as hell is destroyed in the lake of fire along with death.

I believe that Revelation teaches that hell is destroyed and that all who are in hell are annihilated but actually I see disagreement with my opinion. Jesus teaches that those in hell will be burned as chaff and I understand that as to mean the second death is just that. The spirit that dies in sin is annihilated the same as the body that dies is also annihilated.

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
There are no memories of Earth in heaven. It is not a family reunion of the Earthly family, but of the heavenly one.

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OP: im sure we don't have the same feelings and understanding of things once we die. I'm also pretty sure that those dear to me who died before me are not waiting for me to die and join them [i don't call that love]. I'm also certain time is perceived WAY differently on the other side...

i'm also certain nobody knows how the spirit world works, so all we can di is speculate. however, what you mention sounds too much like the a human mind would think. [no worries: it can't be helped, as long as our spirits are dressed in flesh, we all have this limited thinking, including me in the above statements. please don't feel offended - it wasnt my intention to do so.]

posted on Jan, 31 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Does heaven have Amazon Prime?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join