It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer withdraws offer on Trump's wall

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well now Senator Schumer has apparently "withdrawn" his statement about agreeing to fund "The Wall" for negotiating a legal deal to allow "The Dreamers" to not get deported and to possibly get Green Cards and/or Citizenship.

More proof the Dirty and Hypocritical Democrats are using the DACA thing as a political tool.

They don't really want a DACA deal or they would have passed legislation in 2010 when they had the chance unchallenged.

Phonies they are and people are well aware of it especially lately.

Democrats depend heavily on keeping people suppressed and dependent.

Phonies Exposed Again

The Democrat Party is diminishing fast

The smart ones need to form a new Party right now !

Schumer withdraws offer on Trump's wall

Chuck Schumer is taking his big spending boost for Donald Trump’s border wall off the table.

The Senate minority leader, through an aide, informed the White House on Monday that he was retracting the offer he made last week to give Trump well north of the $1.6 billion in wall funding Trump had asked for this year, according to two Democrats. And now they say Trump will simply not get a better deal than that on his signature campaign promise.

Schumer “took it off,” said Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, the No. 2 Senate Democrat. “He called the White House yesterday and said it’s over.”

In the now-infamous cheeseburger summit last Friday with Trump, Schumer offered a large increase in border wall spending as a condition for a broader deal to help Dreamers. But after that offer was rebuffed — prompting the three-day government shutdown — the president has now “missed an opportunity to get the wall,” one Democratic aide said.

The Democrat Party....IS :

edit on Jan-23-2018 by xuenchen because: .on.Q

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To date Obama has/had the highest rate/numbers of deportations, but, with the militarisation of ICE, I believe the next eight years will surpass those numbers.

that being said, anyone who believes the Democrats don't use minorities and Liberal IDentity politics as exploitation is either naive, or supports it themselves

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well then, I guess they didn’t want to help the DREAMERS and others as much as they said huh? Hell its only been a few days

Gues their paychecks are worth more than helping their base.....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Senator McConnell should take President Trump's advice and use the "Nuclear option" again, like the Senate did with S.C. Justice Neil Gorsuch. Pass a 5 year budget, that's adjustable annually.

Then go right to work on the $1 Trillion Infrastructure package. That will do more good for America than further reducing the influx of illegal aliens. That's influx is down 82% already, by merely enforcing the laws that Obama ignored. Let the DACA immigrants stay here. They've integrated well.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Senator McConnell should take President Trump's advice and use the "Nuclear option" again, like the Senate did with S.C. Justice Neil Gorsuch. Pass a 5 year budget, that's adjustable annually.

Then go right to work on the $1 Trillion Infrastructure package. That will do more good for America than further reducing the influx of illegal aliens. That's influx is down 82% already, by merely enforcing the laws that Obama ignored. Let the DACA immigrants stay here. They've integrated well.

I could live with that....IF the chain immigration by the dreamers and the rest was stopped.

It is also obvious why Trump gave Chuck the middle finger on his so-called 'offer'. There was zero intent of a real compromise. Just another political ploy.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I could live with that....IF the chain immigration by the dreamers and the rest was stopped.

It is also obvious why Trump gave Chuck the middle finger on his so-called 'offer'. There was zero intent of a real compromise. Just another political ploy.

The infrastructure, immigration, healthcare, and other issues would be tackled after the Senate uses the Nuke Option to pass a 5 year budget. Let's get this annoying and time consuming funding ritual out of the way for a few years.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

agreed.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Politics is an art form. One must be willing to be like a gambler and be better with smoke and mirrors than a magician. They have to use issues to political advantages, to make the other guy look bad and themselves smelling like a rose. Everything is fair game, to get the public to vote for them. They never will tell the whole truth, often giving half the truth or outright lying. And the promises are often huge, that are never really fulfilled or are often ignored.

Issues, and bills are often used as a political wedge, held as a chip to be played, offers put on the table and withdrawn at any given time. And unless the offer is on the record and in writing, one should take it with a grain of salt, as a point to be brought up later on.

Both parties, the Republicans and the Democrats are both guilty of doing this time and time again. They find issues that they want and will use other issues as a bargaining chip to get what they want in the end. And what is worse is that they will often play with bills that affect the lives of people. And stir up the public, often failing to report all of what happened and coloring it to their point of view.

This is nothing new, this is politics and right now the Democrats want to see DACA resolved with a bill and signed into law. After all do you hate children? Would you want to put children into danger?

Now I did notice how there was a strong dislike for the Democrats, and many are blaming them for the recent shut down, however, in 2013, the Republicans did the exact same thing, and it lasted longer. And while many will hold up CHIP and the military, how the children will suffer and this will be harmful to the military and they will not get paid, the reality the Republicans were just as guilty for that mess as the Democrats. 3 months ago, September 2017 the CHIP bill expired, and yet the Republicans did not move it to the floor for a vote. They sat on it for 3 months, only providing just enough to keep it limping along. The republicans could have brought the new bill during that time frame, they are after all the majority, but they did not.

Now the military, we need to ensure the military gets paid, that is something we can all agree to right? Well apparently one Republican Senator does not think so, and this is on record. Before the shut down, a Democratic Senator made a motion to bring a bill to a closure, that would have ensured that the US military would have been paid, during any government shutdown and this one especially. And care to guess what McConnell stated? His words: I object.

So who really are the villains in congress? Is it the Democrats, or the Republicans, or could it really be both groups who are not doing what they need to do, and that is in short act like they are in an office that deserves their awe, respect and for them to work and do a job that they swore to do.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm waiting for that infrastructure package myself, that is going to be a huge deal.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I'm waiting for that infrastructure package myself, that is going to be a huge deal.

well it's been "leaked" ...

A copy of Trump's infrastructure plan just reportedly leaked — here's what's in it

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I even wrote a thread on democrats refusing to do a DACA bill.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Well then, I guess they didn’t want to help the DREAMERS and others as much as they said huh? Hell its only been a few days

Just like the Conservative 'Right to lifers' fight, fight and fight up until delivery and then it is "Get off My lawn!!"

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

The Democrats for wanting to exploite immigrants,that is all they are interested in,look at their track record,all they do is get rich and raise taxes

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Just like the Conservative 'Right to lifers' fight, fight and fight up until delivery and then it is "Get off My lawn!!"

Well said!!

You have the right to life...just not on MY lawn. You've got it right!

A new T-shirt slogan is about to make money.....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Peace out!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Which Schumer is the real Schumer?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: JimNasium

Well said!!

You have the right to life...just not on MY lawn. You've got it right!

A new T-shirt slogan is about to make money.....

Give My portion to some charity for animals and the animals that get the $$$, not like most charities where the staff all make $300k/yr. e.g. UnitedWay™...

I don't know 'the why' behind some folks procreating. When I was working, I was making $100k+/yr. and only had 1 child but would come across folks at work that would have 3 or 4 kids from different mothers. My whole argument was listening to someone harp and harp about how crappy things were and then bring another self into being, never made sense...

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. I bootlegged some SF Giants t-shirts; tank tops and hoodies w/an 'artsy fartsy Giants design and sold the snots out of them back in 1989 Sold them in the parking lot the last home series of the year. I traded a sweatshirt and 2 tees for access to a private suite where Willie Mays, Willie McCovey and Tito Fuentes were right next door. Candlestick was a cold, frigid spot to watch any sporting event, 'okay' for concerts...

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Schumer

Phony Two-Faced

Real piece of work he is

He's The Best the Democrats have !!!!

A real Chef-d'œuvre

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I call BS on this meeting. The meeting happened but who really knows what was said. Was anything written down? Don't think so. I would like to know who else was in the room, if anyone. Schumer or Trump can pretty much make up their own little stories of what was said.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

As opposed to the Republicans ignoring about 3.4 million US citizens who were affected by a natural disaster and continues to move very slowly? Or 98 thousand people of a city where the water was considered to be toxic, and the government moving very slowly on getting them assistance and aid?

The point being is that neither the Republicans or the Democrats are innocent in this, and both do play this game, and tend to take and use issues as a wedge to try to get what they want passed. After all it was a Democrat who wanted to ensure the military got paid before the shutdown, and it was a Republican who objected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join