It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Hillary was inevitable then why/how did she lose?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
She was only inevitable to the powers up top of the Democratic party and to the main stream media....

Do you think they believed their own tripe? Or were they just trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy? (If so, they sure failed spectacularly!)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MostlyReading
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I very much doubt that an Oprah 2020 run is gonna happen - not after the "MeToo" movement happened.

There are way too many pics of Oprah being way too BFF and cozy kissy with the pervert Weisenstein floating around, and way too many people whispering about her acting almost like a madam for him, gaining the trust of young actresses who she then presented to the old pig. Her campaign and political platform (does she even have one..?) would simply drown and perish in all the Weinstein and sexual abuse drama. I think Oprah is smart enough to realize this herself.

Trump said he grabs women by the p*ssy. I don't see how Oprah associating with Weinstein will have some profound effect. Besides, a number of Oprah for president and pro-Oprah signs already made their debut at the *cough* women's march. Also...there are photos of Trump and Weinstein, too.

That's not much ammo against Oprah if that's the best there is.

We're getting Oprah whether we like it or not.

edit on 1/23/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

She was only inevitable to the powers up top of the Democratic party and to the main stream media....

Do you think they believed their own tripe? Or were they just trying to create a self-fulfilling prophecy? (If so, they sure failed spectacularly!)

They believed it. Of course it didn't help that Trump was the "Other' Candidate. He is a tone deaf Jerk. But then again, you can say the same about Hillary.

I still have friends that don't even know there was a lawsuit and trial about the Democratic primary corruption and who don't think Hillary Rigged it.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Edumakated

Wow. I'm really glad you brought up the shenanigans in '08... although I interpreted them a little different, it has much to do with my perspective today. I felt then and still feel now that somehow Hillary was forced to accept Obama as the Dem candidate. Maybe she was bribed to let Obama have '08 and '12 with the promise of '16 and '20... or maybe she was blackmailed... but I don't think she liked it one bit.

As for Trump, I don't know what to make of him yet either. I'm cautiously optimistic... as in he hasn't done anything to convince me either way yet!

And like you, I'm paying attention to Q, but I'm not convinced of anything yet. I don't know if he's for real or a joker or a disinfo agent or what. But I do know the martial law talk sent up a dozen red flags. I'll keep paying attention, but I'm far from a believer.

I'm pretty sure she was told to let Obama have it in '08 and she could have 2016 by democrat leadership. I don't believe Obama was anticipated in '08 but as the campaigns went on, democrat leadership saw him as a good opportunity and sure win again McCain. The optics for Obama were good. Young, handsome black guy making history against the old washed up establishment white guy who'd been in office forever.

The reason I am sure that this deal was made was the lack of any serious candidates on the Democrat side other than Bernie. I think Bernie was just too stupid to realize it was rigged. Everyone else knew which was why hardly anyone threw their hats in to run.

You think every knew except Bernie? The reason why I don't subscribe to that theory is because it requires believing that candidates who got a prominent place on the national stage are *somewhat* stupid....or less in-the-know than even most voters.

The voters are the least in-the-know of everyone. I think that's the assumption to operate from. But we are supposed to feel *informed* if we pay close attention to the news, narratives, and images created for our consumption.

Honestly, I don't know... I can see him knowing or not knowing. I do know he capitulated / bought off at the end though. I do think the Dems were not prepared for how popular he became as a candidate though.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I very much doubt that an Oprah 2020 run is gonna happen - not after the "MeToo" movement happened.

There are way too many pics of Oprah being way too BFF and cozy kissy with the pervert Weisenstein floating around, and way too many people whispering about her acting almost like a madam for him, gaining the trust of young actresses who she then presented to the old pig. Her campaign and political platform (does she even have one..?) would simply drown and perish in all the Weinstein and sexual abuse drama. I think Oprah is smart enough to realize this herself.

I think she'll run. I could be wrong. Remember that there are way too many pictures of Trump being Cozy with Hillary Clinton and he still ran and won.

It was very easy for people who abhor Hillary and Bill to say their friendship with Trump was meaningless.

They even thought this was meaningless: Donald Trump talked politics with Bill Clinton weeks before launching 2016 bid

If that didn't bother anti-Clinton people...then Oprah and Weinstein is really a nothing. In fact, it's already been played and it has had zero effect.

I saw CNN is already polling Oprah against Trump, today. Oprah was polling ahead (real or fake...that's what we are supposed to believe).

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Wow. I'm really glad you brought up the shenanigans in '08... although I interpreted them a little different, it has much to do with my perspective today. I felt then and still feel now that somehow Hillary was forced to accept Obama as the Dem candidate. Maybe she was bribed to let Obama have '08 and '12 with the promise of '16 and '20... or maybe she was blackmailed... but I don't think she liked it one bit.

As for Trump, I don't know what to make of him yet either. I'm cautiously optimistic... as in he hasn't done anything to convince me either way yet!

And like you, I'm paying attention to Q, but I'm not convinced of anything yet. I don't know if he's for real or a joker or a disinfo agent or what. But I do know the martial law talk sent up a dozen red flags. I'll keep paying attention, but I'm far from a believer.

I'm pretty sure she was told to let Obama have it in '08 and she could have 2016 by democrat leadership. I don't believe Obama was anticipated in '08 but as the campaigns went on, democrat leadership saw him as a good opportunity and sure win again McCain. The optics for Obama were good. Young, handsome black guy making history against the old washed up establishment white guy who'd been in office forever.

The reason I am sure that this deal was made was the lack of any serious candidates on the Democrat side other than Bernie. I think Bernie was just too stupid to realize it was rigged. Everyone else knew which was why hardly anyone threw their hats in to run.

You think every knew except Bernie? The reason why I don't subscribe to that theory is because it requires believing that candidates who got a prominent place on the national stage are *somewhat* stupid....or less in-the-know than even most voters.

The voters are the least in-the-know of everyone. I think that's the assumption to operate from. But we are supposed to feel *informed* if we pay close attention to the news, narratives, and images created for our consumption.

Honestly, I don't know... I can see him knowing or not knowing. I do know he capitulated / bought off at the end though. I do think the Dems were not prepared for how popular he became as a candidate though.

Actually, he consistently polled better against Trump than Hillary did.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The GOP was building the structure for the 2016 election in 2010. In 2014 they were actively trying to figure our what candidate they would be using. I truly believe it was supposed to be Jeb/Cruz or Jeb/Rubio on the ticket. You would have had the conservative vote, the evangelical vote and the Hispanic vote. A good candidate to run against HRC but she would in the end win.

No one really believed Trump would run and certainly did not expect him to get the attention he did. When it happened, the 'establishment' figured it would just get rid of him by primary season and it never happened.

Look at what the DNC/RNC did to try to get him to be removed. Hell, less than 2 month till the election he was asked to step down by the GOP. That was basically 'giving' the election to HRC.

The only thing that has not happened to DJT is removal by death and like Scalia, I do not think he is out of reach.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Actually, he consistently polled better against Trump than Hillary did.

I knew Hillary was in trouble because I didn't see too many yard signs in my town. I live in an extremely liberal town. I mean ground zero for wacky liberals. I saw a ton of Bernie signs, but not too much outward support for Hillary. When Obama was running, damn near every Prius and Subaru had an O sticker on the bumper. I think I may have seen 10 hillary signs in a town of 60,000 people. The buzz and excitement about her just wasn't there....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think you underestimate how disgusted the average person is by what Weinstein and other perverts in Hollywood have done, and how much contempt there is for those who knew and did nothing - and perhaps even enabled these creeps... Also, regarding how much ammo there is against Oprah, well, there hasn't really been that much digging into her and her life, business dealings and assosiates. Yet. There certainly will be a lot more digging if she decides to run, who knows what skeletons people will find in the closet.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about Oprah running for president.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I suspect everything played out exactly according to the *plan' and voters did not beat the 'Establishment,' but they were fooled into thinking they did.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I did not see Hillary signs or bumper stickers either and I also live in a very liberal city.

Same as you...I saw tons of Obama signs...I still see Obama/Biden stickers on cars! And I still see Bernie stickers, too.

The buzz about Hillary wasn't there because it wasn't meant to be there. If it was...the #metoo movement would have started in the summer of 2016, not fall 2017.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You just had to take a look at Hillary's few and tiny, tiny rallys to know that the MSM's narrative about her being "inevitable" was pure and utter BS. Of course Hillary and the mobsters in the DNC had to rig the primary, no way Hillary would have beaten Bernie fair and square.

Jimmy Dore made a video about the difference in enthusiasm for Hillary and Bernie Sanders, by the way. It's pretty funny. "I say Hillary, you say fire!" Hahaha.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think you underestimate how disgusted the average person is by what Weinstein and other perverts in Hollywood have done, and how much contempt there is for those who knew and did nothing - and perhaps even enabled these creeps... Also, regarding how much ammo there is against Oprah, well, there hasn't really been that much digging into her and her life, business dealings and assosiates. Yet. There certainly will be a lot more digging if she decides to run, who knows what skeletons people will find in the closet.

We'll just have to agree to disagree about Oprah running for president.

I don't think I underestimate it. I think you misunderstand how it's being used and how only those with double standards want to exploit it for political reasons.

And, still, there is no escaping the fact that 'Patriot Startegies' -- a PR Firm that handled the 2008 Obama Campaign, Clinton/Gore, Kerry/Edwards, Howard Dean, and handles PR for the DNC -- registered OprahForAmerica.com IN MARCH 2017. This PR firm had reason to think Oprah was running in March 2017.

Patriot Strategies

I am always happy to agree to disagree...I just wanted to defend myself against the idea that I may be underestimating people's disgust. I don't. I just see it for all that it really is. There are so many political double standards to consider...the "disgust" is pretty much ineffective.

edit on 1/23/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The going theory is that she was overconfident and instead of shoring up her base in states like Wisconsin that she believed were guaranteed blue states she went for the throat and campaigned primarily in red states. This had a double effect of weakening her support in reliably blue states (that would become battleground states) as well as passing off the perception of making her look overconfident and entitled to the Presidency.

Yeah being a lying corrupt professional victim had nothing to do with it...
*sheesh*

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

You forgot the obvious:

IT WAS GOD's WILL.

There's no doubt of that.

Hillary would have destroyed America. It's not "our time" to go. Not yet.

Ha! Loved your explanation! Hard to prove but I lean this way myself.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The simple truth is that power is an illusion.

The idea that people could and can control everything is what is solidified, not their ability to make such true.

Everyday into forever is a new day that no one controls.

All that can be done to us is to defeat our spirit before we make the day our own.

How many times did you hear "what can you do about it"?, following the obvious and endless undressings most sane people put to the world.

We all know its all fixed but dont see the fix.

People need to see the humanity in their adversaries. Everyone here is just PEOPLE.

In the words of kirk, "everybody is human".

edit on 1 23 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

While I want to be believe the best... and I am cautiously optimistic... that is exactly what I fear. I consider it a healthy fear born of experience!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the link -- and the legwork! Just wow. I'm so glad you thought to check out the lawsuit angle. Why am I not surprised? Grrrrr....

I just scanned your thread, I'll check it out closer later. There's much information to digest there!

There's actually not that much information there and only like 10 comments.

I wish more people felt like contributing thoughts to it.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

a reply to: khnum

While I want to be believe the best... and I am cautiously optimistic... that is exactly what I fear. I consider it a healthy fear born of experience!

I don't want to be the a-hoIe that gave my trust up to Trump when he hasn't earned it.

I am happy to be the a-hoIe that says "I was wrong about Trump."

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

There was no 'plan' for Trump. Even up to two months prior to the election the GOP was trying to give him an out. He told them, with Priebus in the room, to go f themselves. He would not back down. He would not step down. Now here he is a year in and almost all of the RINO's are identified. The DNC will not budge and his own Senate will not vote for him. They use the excuse that they do not like him but they are in the pocket of corporate America and the DNC donor base.

Anything that comes out now about Trump is to not discredit but embarrass. If there were really any stories it would have been presented during the election. Real proof of his wrong doing. All of the talking points are false about racism, misogyny and poor leadership ability.

Look at the leaked document regarding infrastruture. It looks like a corporate metric tracker where you earn based on what you do not who you know which is the other shakeup. He is cutting money left and right and in another year the difference will truly be seen. He is hitting politicians in the pocket. When you see someone like Apple come back to the US...you know something is happening.

You can hate him however you cannot deny that the US has NOT imploded since he took office. Not even close.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-23T16:58:11-06:000411 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join