It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery was not just the fault of Westerners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Over many years I have read a great deal about slavery.

All through history slavery has been used. Even the Jews are descended from Egyptian slaves. Even the great money men of today came from humble beginnings. The Egyptians were terrible enslavers. All their structures were built by slaves; African, Nubian, from the land of Cush, anywhere they could get their hands on able bodies for forced labour. Even British Celts were once Roman slaves and did all their dirty work for them. Even the Jews had slaves. The Bible tells us they did and even instructs about treating slaves humanely.

In the Amazon and other South/Central America areas where the Aztecs, Incas and Mayans inhabitted slavery was rife. They took the rainforest tribes and enslaved them to build their architecture and to sacriice to their version of Moloch.

Let's be honest about this.

I have 721 Black American facebook friends. I am a Donnie Brasco there for sure.

Seriously? I'd think someone who has so many different friends and 721 Black friends and then buys reggae records and plays in a reggae band and has 2 Bob Marley cds would know it is spelled KUSH e.g. 'Blueberry Kush'..

I thought We were to be honest? but if it is good enough for 'The Jews' then it is good enough for Me..Which Bible™ did these 'Jews' read? They usually run the Talmud and Torah. odd.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ohno...it wan't so many Africians who did not put up a fight when the westerners came and kidnapped them. Just a few did, but their weapons were like # so they lost.
That's exactly what the westerners counted on...

So yes.
Africans are not to blame
I'm a westener
And I'm 100% convinced that we are the only pnes to blame!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Revolution9

Nice, this is one of the most coherent racist posts I've seen in months. Pat yourself on the back for feeling good about dressing up your racism in some kind of wackadoo logic.

News flash, all your clever 'cloak and dagger' Trojan horse operation nonsense is just that, and any insight you feel you may have gleamed is inherently tainted by your obvious prejudice.

Human beings are individualized entities, and as soon as you start spouting nonsense that aggregates the modality of a 'race' into a single category you immediately shine light on your own demons.

This is what my facebook scroll is reading today:

This is about my religion:

Even if Jesus is real he is useless 🤷🏾‍♂️ how much evidence do you need?

If you rape, murder, and commit all evil, it will be ignored by Allah as long as you pray, because those who don’t pray are worse than rapists and murderers “in the eyes of Allah”.

Bruh. Not at all surprised. These MFs want to call BLM a terrorist group for protesting police killing us and our children in cold blood. They hate ALL of us.

white girls, please stop using the word NIGGA. u look dumb as hell. and trashy. black men, stop degrading yourself for some ass.

# a bitch get paid
(about Black men prostituting themselves for white women and cash).

Ok pontiac, I'll gather the stones an bricks n #, y'all just help me throw em!!! No bull#!!!!THE RESISTANCE

ANY AN EVERYTHING THE PLACE ON THE DOCKET THAT DOESN'T BENIFIT THE "PEOPLE" OF PONTIAC, WE SHOOTING THAT # DOWN! THATS HOW WE BEGIN THIS FIGHT Y'ALL.

CHRISTIANS IN SLAVE US,FOUGHT TO KEEP US IN SLAVE AND YA STILL WANT TO BE A CHRISTIAN !..WHAT PART MAKE GOOD SINCE !

That is just some milder stuff I have taken from the today's Facebook scroll. It proves the point of my thread. Was not my opening post an acurate description?

There is much much worse, but I will not repeat that here. Actually, Facebook do seem to be coming down on it. It is looking a little better than it was doing. I think the authorities are making them patrol it better. It is all there, under the hood, throbbing away.

Now, to make a point: Here is a song I made for my friend who is Peter Tosh's son. He is in a coma still after a year. They sent him to prison for cannabis and he was attacked by another black identifying individual. His Dad was killed by a black man, one of his own. Bob Marley survived an ambush in Jamaica that was acrried out by black men. I care, a whole lot more than a lot of black poeple do even, believe that.

It is a festering wound. Take that on board or do not. It is up to you. I know it is a festering wound. I bloody well identify partly with it, too, that is why I like black culture a lot. It reflects my own identity issues so well.

Here is the song to prove it. Why would I bother spending all my time and money to be able to do this if I am racist. Don't you dare accuse me when you know nothing about me. You should apologize, but I will forgive you in advance and give you my other cheek to punch.

*VIDEO DELETED after a short time for security reasons. I let a few witnesses here see it.*

You really have no idea. You are just using your attack on me in a vain attempt to close me down. It did not work, Mister. It never does! MLK and Haile Selassie are both very important teachers to me. I have read both volumes of Haile Selassie's autobiography. I have read all about West African animism. I know more than a lot of Black people about Black Culture. This is real. It is REAL!

edit on 23-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Your research is below par if you failed to mention
the Arab Slave Trade, which lasted over 1100 years,
and was the genesis of the North Atlantic Slave trade.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBlaq
Your research is below par if you failed to mention
the Arab Slave Trade, which lasted over 1100 years,
and was the genesis of the North Atlantic Slave trade.

I know all about that, too. Arabs even enslaved people from my village here in Cornwall, UK. They used to come on raids in boats and steal women and goods, in Medieval times. The coasts could not be completely protected back then and the West UK had problems that way.

Thanks for your input. It just proves a point that we have all had experience of this culturally.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The effects of slavery and racism are real. However, it is mainly a convenient excuse for cultural and societal failure of the black community today.

I think one of the issues in the US particularly is that even though slavery ended in 1865, the pervasive state sanctioned racism and segregation for the next 100 years really made it difficult to move past. In fact, I'd argue slavery was probably less damaging than the previous 100 years in terms of race relations.

The bigger issue is that the black community was co-opted by progressive liberal attitudes in the 60s which has led to the cultural and social buffoonery we see today in the black community with the insane out of wedlock births, crime, and anti-intellectualism.

link   

Africa is old, really old, compared to the rest of the world.

When the rest of the world was still living in huts and hunter gatherers Africa already had established Kingdoms and townships and set forth the foundations of pretty much all forms of art, literature, math, language, you name it.

Obviously it had it's 'glory days', hence the prosperity of Ancient Egypt no longer exists, the Nubian empires are gone, etc, etc.

And just like all nations back then slavery was used, pretty much every civilization used slaves of some sort, and it was that way for thousands of years until true globalization happened and the British saw it's horrible side and abolished it within their empire. But, for a long time it was still enabled by the power houses of the 1600 - 1900s.

I'm not really sure what your post is about, it's a very broad subject that has ridiculous amounts of angles.

link   

Except I'm not sure what anything from your Facebook feed proves (another hint: nothing).

You can't cherry pick information and datapoints and form some reasonably coherent worldview from that. Rather you're finding what you want to and using that to reinforce what you already believe.

If your argument is 'some black folks commit violence on black people, ergo I'm less racist because I don't commit violence against black people' then it is fallacious because you need not commit violence to be racist.

If your argument is 'some non-christian folks spout hateful rhetoric, ergo I'm holier than they are because I don't spout similar rhetoric' then it is fallacious because you need not spout hateful rhetoric to enact or support modalities that further racism.

If your argument is 'some black men take advantage of white folk, ergo I'm superior because I don't take advantage of anyone as I see it' then it is fallacious because you need not outwardly take advantage of anyone to empower racism through a variety of other avenues.

The crux of your racism is entrenched in the fallacy that anything and everything you've proffered so far can't be equally mirrored in any culture/race/ethnicity/religion/etc. You have demonstrated anecdotal evidence to support your position without understanding that a viewpoint based on a sliver of understanding could ever encapsulate the sum totality of the situation.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The US received a small portion of the slaves brought across. Something like 350k out of a couple of million

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sorry, guy, but I am going to make your criticism to be totally VOID here:

en.wikipedia.org...(Bible)

Cush, also spelled as Kush, (/kʊʃ, kʌʃ/; Biblical: כּוּשׁ Kûš) was, according to the Bible, the eldest son of Ham, who was a son of Noah. He was the brother of Canaan (land of Canaan), Mizraim (Egypt) and Phut (land of Libya), and the father of the Biblical Nimrod mentioned in the "Table of Nations" in the Genesis 10:6 and I Chronicles 1:8. Cush is traditionally considered the eponymous ancestor of the people of the "land of Cush," an ancient territory that is believed to have been located on either side or both sides of the Red Sea. As such, "Cush" is alternately identified in Scripture with the Kingdom of Kush, ancient Sudan, and/or the Arabian Peninsula.[1]

I am not talking about cannabis here. What on earth are you going on about. Is that all you have on your mind...hmmmm?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
The US received a small portion of the slaves brought across. Something like 350k out of a couple of million

Yes, but the millions today descended from them like the many Hebrews who left Egypt, that started out as just a Patriarch, his sons, their wives, et c; just a small caravan became several hundred thousand people, if not may be more, over a period of three hundred years. What does that remind you of?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

it is not cherry picked. It is today's common crap, just like every other common day of common crap.

I have told you. personally, please feel free to whine away. I will just watch now as I have tried to be reasonable with you, but you are not listening. Some other poeple are listening though...aren' they. This is for THEM, not you. I wanted to make it for you, too, but you are not rady for that right now. We can try again later on down the line.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Over many years I have read a great deal about slavery.

The African people that came to the U.S were mainly from West Africa. Many have a bee in their bonnet that they are Egyptian, descended from royal Egyptian blood, which is very amusing, but somewhat tragic because it indicates they are historically and culturally orphaned to be making up such grandiose illusionary pasts fo themselves. No, you are not my friends. You are from West Africa, no doubt at all about that.

Never forget that it was their own hierarchy and tribal chiefs that sold them and took goods in trade for their own flesh and blood. It is very savage. They were doing it to each other well before the Westerners came. It takes two to tango like that.

All through history slavery has been used. Even the Jews are descended from Egyptian slaves. Even the great money men of today came from humble beginnings. The Egyptians were terrible enslavers. All their structures were built by slaves; African, Nubian, from the land of Cush, anywhere they could get their hands on able bodies for forced labour. Even British Celts were once Roman slaves and did all their dirty work for them. Even the Jews had slaves. The Bible tells us they did and even instructs about treating slaves humanely.

In the Amazon and other South/Central America areas where the Aztecs, Incas and Mayans inhabitted slavery was rife. They took the rainforest tribes and enslaved them to build their architecture and to sacriice to their version of Moloch.

EVEN in East Africa Haile Selassie's royal family before him were slave trading. We know this from the French poet Arthur Rimbaud's letters describing what was happening in his life out in Ethiopia as an exiled French trader. Rimbaud himself got caught up in the slave trading with the Ethiopian Royal Family.

www.thevintagenews.com...

Arthur Rimbaud: a sensitive 19th century poet turned mercenary & gun runner in Ethiopia

Let's be honest about this. I am tired now of all the BS, pointing figures, et c. We all have been monsters in the past. ALL our cultures and races are to blame. We stand a very real chance now of getting out of the dark age of barbarism if we will get with the program.

I have 721 Black American facebook friends. I am a Donnie Brasco there for sure. Yes, I am a spy among them (not for any organization, but for my own studies to get an angle on healing the great divide). They really are very full of hatred and vengeance right now. They solely blame the so called "white" people and the Jews for their slavery. Watch out; "Yonder stands your orphan with his gun, crying like a fire in the Sun" (Bob Dylan).

I do not know how you are going to deal with this issue, America, It is very real and it is a huge social issue. Personally I like black people very much, but they really hate me. It is all a false blame game. I am very surprised the Liberals have allowed themselves to be deceived so. Talk about Trojan Horses. The Jamaicans even made no secret of coming as a gift through reggae music and being a Trojan destroyer of Western Civilization. Even one of their labels is called "Trojan". I have been into Black Culture for many years. I don't have one single answer still how you are gonna deal with this brooding blight. May be time will heal, eventually, I don't know, I really don't.

Everybody, look closer to home for the blame game. Look inside your own heart first of all.

Grace Jones scowled in her Corporate Cannibals song that,

"You are all a bunch of #ing slaves":

Or how about Jimbo telling us, too, that is where Grace got it from:

Yes, Grace and Jimbo, at one time we all have been a bunch of #ing slaves.

Also, the North African pirates were practicing rampant slavery, including enslaving white people. Most people don't know that the majority of African slaves went to Latin America, not the US.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

it is not cherry picked. It is today's common crap, just like every other common day of common crap.

I'm sorry bud, it is the very definition of cherry picked (personally by you just an hour ago). You can scream that water is dry all you want but it won't make it true.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I have been a bit exposing of myself here. You few guys saw the video of my music, but I must hide it now as it gives too much away about me.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Out of all the countries that have had slaves over the years, "a whole damn lot" for some reason the United States seems to retain the blame for past generations.
Never mind we were a British colony that owned slaves.

I refuse to pay for the sins of my ancestors.

Right, obviously I'm anti slavery. But I don't see the descendants of other slave holding nations being constantly berated. Moreover, many white people's ancestors either didn't own slaves or came to the US AFTER slavery. My Scandinavian ancestors were poor farmers who moved to the US in 1900. I simply shouldn't have to personally take responsibility for stuff other white people than my ancestors did hundreds of years ago. This is just as ignorant as telling descendants of let's say Ghanese Africans that they must pay the price for things ancient Egyptians did, because they are both from Africa. That's actually kinda racist itself.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
As long as non-whites in modern society continue to blame others and cling to a savage past without moving forward in education and responsibility, their lives will suffer and will continue to blame others, usually whites.

This post is an example of, unfortunately, a continuation of blaming and shaming other races for their own misfortunes.

This is a world of ever-changing power. At least as illustrated in the known history of human civilization, there are winners and losers. Clinging to past loss and not changing for the better in the future will continue to mire any chances of a more prosperous and intelligent society.

Your attempt to explain "slavery" unfortunately is an example of excuses for present day racism and lacks inclusion of many of the historical evolutions that make up our modern civilization.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Out of all the countries that have had slaves over the years, "a whole damn lot" for some reason the United States seems to retain the blame for past generations.

It's not the slavery per se as most European countries are guilty of having traded slaves. It's what happened in the US until the 60s, not 200 years ago but only last century:

People that were treated like third class human beings only 70 years ago are still alive today. Segregation against black people didn't happen in Europe like in the US, although in England there were signs in certain places saying 'No blacks No Irish'. But it was down to racist individuals, not institutional and enforced by government like in America.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Own the blame and bear it with pride. You are providing a great service. Without your guilt millions would have to find someone else to blame all that is found wanting on.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

It's not the slavery per se as most European countries are guilty of having traded slaves. It's what happened in the US until the 60s, not 200 years ago but only last century:

People that were treated like third class human beings only 70 years ago are still alive today. Segregation against black people didn't happen in Europe like in the US, although in England there were signs in certain places saying 'No blacks No Irish'. But it was down to racist individuals, not institutional and enforced by government like in America.

I agree with you, I think a huge part of the "race relations" problems in the USA stems from segregation and attitudes around those times as much as slavery and early America.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join