It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. slaps steep tariffs on imported washers, solar panels

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

My grandfather was a shop steward at Ford Dagenham, and he was not about the business of destruction, but stewarding the shop he worked in, to ensure it kept functioning as intended.

But Dagenham isn't functioning any more is it? No disrespect to your grandfather but Ford were churning out total crap from the British plants. The stuff was awful, it really was total crap. Couple that with the unions and there was no hope for manufacturing here any more. Is it any wonder Ford totally pulled out of the UK but happily produces in other EU states like Germany etc. One word................. Unions

posted on Feb, 2 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Where does this claim that American produced solar is an inferior product? Did somebody make a citation on that earlier that I missed??

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

they were talking steel and aluminum tariffs and my mom said damn trump now my soa going to shoot up. i asked her what she was talking about . she responded her 24 case of pepsi cans. i tried explaing this will mean car companies might bring jobs back from mexico. she still doesn't understand these materials can be mined here tariffs will raise price of imports.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It was a shot across the worlds bow to let them there's a new President who is an American.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join