It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open for Business

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well, it seems the idiots in the senate have voted on the Continuing Resolution and opened the government back up.

I do not understand why they had to shut it down, other than optics...nothing has changed, except Mitch shortened it by 1 week. I know they want DACA, but it was looking bad for those who voted Friday to shut it down. Americans citizens getting laid off to save 800,000 DACA "kids". And there was no deadline on DACA, because a district court judge ruled against the president. At least now, CHIP will be funded for the next 6 years.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Open already?

I was looking forward to collecting the governments rainwater and running blackmarket lemonade stands.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Yeah, the idea of the IRS being closed had me dancing around in my underwear..

Guess I can put my pants back on now.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Dangit I forgot to rip the tag off my mattress.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You guys wear pants AND underwear? FREAKS!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Dems realized how bad this makes them look, and caved. Supposedly, they'll be a vote on DACA next month. (In practical terms, that means exactly nothing.)
edit on 22-1-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Well, it seems the idiots in the senate have voted on the Continuing Resolution and opened the government back up.

I do not understand why they had to shut it down, other than optics...nothing has changed, except Mitch shortened it by 1 week. I know they want DACA, but it was looking bad for those who voted Friday to shut it down. Americans citizens getting laid off to save 800,000 DACA "kids". And there was no deadline on DACA, because a district court judge ruled against the president. At least now, CHIP will be funded for the next 6 years.

www.politico.com...

Of course it's for optics. It's nothing more than political theater.

Idiots on both the Left and Right will point fingers at the other side and blame them for what has taken place, but fail to recognize that it was nothing more than an act to make it look like the politicians are working hard for their respective sides, when in the end they are working with each other to continue the charade.

Yet I bet there will be some that actually believe the Left-Right nonsense on this issue is a real problem and continue to blame the other side.

Oh well. Idiots will do what they do.
edit on 22-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Agreed....the optics were very bad for them, the shut down was even called the "Schumer Shutdown".

And really, I do not think DACA is going to go without border wall funding. The President seems firm on that, as I think he should be.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

That's funny.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
16 days away from the next potential shutdown. Supposedly the temporary funding was set with a promise from both sides to address all the issues.

Balanced budgets are a thing of long past they don't even get mentioned anymore.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Was CLinton the last balanced or did he eliminate the debt?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
16 days away from the next potential shutdown. Supposedly the temporary funding was set with a promise from both sides to address all the issues.

Balanced budgets are a thing of long past they don't even get mentioned anymore.

Yup I give them 10 years tops before interest on the debt consumes enough taxes to take up most of taxes along with entitlement spending

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Was CLinton the last balanced or did he eliminate the debt?

Under his admin, the federal budget balanced and the federal deficit was erased. There were still issues with social security but things were in place for that to be fixed soon.

Then it all went to hell.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Fiscally I would vote for (swallows vomit) Bill Clinton if he were running. We need fiscal responsibility.

edit on 22-1-2018 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Misnomer he stole $4 trillion from social security to cover the deficit and replaced it with treasury IOUs, not bonds. Meaning if they wanted to pay SS back that money they'd have to issue $4 trillion in new bonds (plus interest) to cover the IOUs.

That's the 'inter-agency' debt you see in .gov accounting.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

Gosh 4 trill, sucks when i wish we were only 4 trill in debt.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

There was no fiscal responsibility there was accounting fraud.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I was in the Army during Bills time so I have a disgust towards him, but I admit he was fiscally responsible.

We may never see that again in this country.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

When you want to draw SS you will wish we still had that $4 trillion

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Please remember, that balanced budget was signed by Clinton, it was written and passed the Republican majority under Gingrich's leadership.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join