It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting a precedent, (Trump haters, tell me if I'm wrong here)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I apologize for bringing "Hillary" into this, but it's relevant to the point. If you do something and it's accepted by the populace and TPTB, it becomes "the way things are done". The "Nuclear option" taken in congress, once one side does this, it's now on the table for both sides to use it whenever needed.

So now you have Clinton destroying evidence while under investigation, and you have the FBI doing the same. Does this mean that it's OK to do this now? Can this be a valid defense? Destroying the incriminating stuff, so nothing can be brought to the table but circumstantial evidence.

Now, I know this is wrong, and I know those who oppose Trump think they have some moral duty to bypass rules and law, for the greater good of removing him from office. But don't you think that this treads into some very dangerous territory? When someone from the opposing side does this, and points to these events as their "get out of jail free card", what will you do then? I would love to hear the defenders explain this.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If people want to go down that road, then one would probably find proof that the us government has been destroying evidence for there crimes for a very long time.

To the pont that most politicians are in on the scams.

Just bring back the guillotine, problem solved.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

At what point do YOU as the opposing side say this needs to stop? Will it be OK as long as those horrible Republicans don't stoop to this level?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

At what point do YOU as the opposing side say this needs to stop? Will it be OK as long as those horrible Republicans don't stoop to this level?

It should never have started, but money rules the world, id be more ashamed if i was a american by the hush money fund for the sexual harassment from said politicians.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So now you have Clinton destroying evidence while under investigation, and you have the FBI doing the same. Does this mean that it's OK to do this now? Can this be a valid defense? Destroying the incriminating stuff, so nothing can be brought to the table but circumstantial evidence.

Have there been indictments and a trial date set. If a crime has been committed isn't that the usual procedure. Destroying evidence is a serious charge.
edit on 22-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I don't think people gave pence enough credit for insisting that he was never alone with any woman but his wife.

But to your point, yes. After something lowers the bar for accountability it becomes accepted.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

It should never have started, but money rules the world, id be more ashamed if i was a american by the hush money fund for the sexual harassment from said politicians.

BOOM

And yet, nary a whimper. Cuz #holes, or something.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This thread is a loaded question if I've ever seen one.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Now, I know this is wrong, and I know those who oppose Trump think they have some moral duty to bypass rules and law, for the greater good of removing him from office.

Bypass rules and law? How so? Other than complaining and pointing out how unfit he is for office, most are just waiting for the Mueller investigation results. If he's a criminal, that will tell the tale, if he isn't, the complaining about how legally and morally unfit he is, will continue, as each day brings a new example.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This thread is a loaded question if I've ever seen one.

I imagine it is. When the truth is this inconvenient, even Al Gore will hide until it's over.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Now, I know this is wrong, and I know those who oppose Trump think they have some moral duty to bypass rules and law, for the greater good of removing him from office.

Bypass rules and law? How so? Other than complaining and pointing out how unfit he is for office, most are just waiting for the Mueller investigation results. If he's a criminal, that will tell the tale, if he isn't, the complaining about how legally and morally unfit he is, will continue, as each day brings a new example.

And if for some reason, the Muller investigation shows nothing wrong on Trumps' side, you will all just accept that and wait patiently for the next election? I'd like to hear the answer to that and see it in writing.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

BOOM

And yet, nary a whimper. Cuz #holes, or something.

It' almost looks like all the theatrics in DC are there to make this stuff be forgotten. In the end, both sides will be revealed for the dirty garbage they hide behind to make each other rich, unless this all gets swept up under the rug. And the only one's who worry will be those "crazy conspiracy folks"

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Have there been indictments and a trial date set. If a crime has been committed isn't that the usual procedure. Destroying evidence is a serious charge.

Well we know Hillary's team destroyed subpoenaed evidence. Yet for some reason no charges were filed.

Then we find out that some of the fbi people in charge of that investigation was sending texts praising her and seeking insurance policies against her opponent.

So when evidence of those agents is asked for, the fbi then claims to have accidentally deleted that.

Now you imply nothing shady is going on if there are no charges.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

And if for some reason, the Muller investigation shows nothing wrong on Trumps' side, you will all just accept that and wait patiently for the next election? I'd like to hear the answer to that and see it in writing.

Network dude, YES. I will accept the findings of the Mueller investigation inso far as money laundering and collusion. But, know that I will always find fault with his flip-flopping, his hysterical little tantrums, his immorality, immaturity, bigotry, racism and lies. Mueller can't absolve him from that.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Network dude, YES. I will accept the findings of the Mueller investigation inso far as money laundering and collusion. But, know that I will always find fault with his flip-flopping, his hysterical little tantrums, his immorality, immaturity, bigotry, racism and lies. Mueller can't absolve him from that.

I agree with everything but the racism dog whistle. he is all the things you said, but his honesty (or ability to lie on the fly) only makes him more like a regular person. But I think ultimately, the real hatred will come from the fact that he isn't failing in epic proportions as predicted. In fact, he is doing much better than even his supporters thought. (we also knew he is kind of an asshole, but he wasn't Hillary, so he got a pass on that)

The left and his haters might be supremely pissed when in 4 years, the economy is booming and jobs are plentiful. That is the reality I hope for, and I'm told I'm wrong for wanting that. It's at that point, where I ask those who hate him to re-evaluate their position.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Trump should just behave like his predecessor did.

Then no one would ever complain.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

No reevaluation required. He is what he is for all to see. You hold him accountable, or you don't. You hold the Presidency to a higher standard, or you don't. You value things other than money, or you don't. Trump is someone who is grossly unfit to hold the office of the President. His personal characteristics alone should exempt him.

I would also like to hear from you, that in the event Mueller finds money laundering and whatever other criminal behavior, that you will accept those findings? Or will you continue to say "but Hillary"? Hillary Clinton has been the subject of the greatest witch hunt ever, and yet you reject those repeated findings and endorse the continuation of her harassment.

If Mueller finds criminal behavior, will you accept that? Would you still support him?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ah, the innocence of it all. Clintons destroying evidence yes. But, with a big but, do any of you think the FBI or any other agency would destroy ANY damning evidence against anyone. Come on, it will just be re-classified, re-filed under different titles. They would not destroy any evidence that could be used at a later date to blackm... ooo,ooo, I mean use against the perpetrators. Knowledge is power. That means clean or dirty knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is why I think that all of the investigations will lead to nothing. Trump will not be impeached or prosecuted. Likewise Hilary and the DNC will not be prosecuted. All will be swept under the rug over time. This is just a dog and pony show to keep the rest of entertained and also to get new rules implemented that will hurt the poor and middle class. IT is all a SCAM.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join