It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Women's March - Interesting Elephant in the Room

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Women's March: What's changed one year on?

Link to source

The purpose of the march is to highlight women's rights and bring about equality between the sexes. However somewhere along the line (see article) the protest has grown into an anti-Trump protest. Have a look at the signs being held in this picture:

"No to the Muslim ban".

1. Under Sharia, Wives Can Be Beaten.
2. Under Sharia, Females Enjoy Fewer Rights than Males.
3. Under Sharia, Marriage and Sexual Intercourse with Pre-Pubescent Girls is Permissible.
4. Under Sharia, Wives do not Share the Same Divorce Rights as Their Husbands.
5. Under Sharia, Female Rulers are Frowned Upon.
6. Under Sharia, Wives Should be Subservient to their Husbands.
7. Under Sharia, Women are Deemed Lacking in Faith and Intelligence.
8. Under Sharia, Raping Female Captives is Permissible.

Various statistics float around the internet suggesting between 23%-40% of British Muslims wants Sharia law.

Percentage of those advocating Sharia law from just one the countries banned from America:
Iran - 83% Secondary source, mentions primary source

Sharia courts in UK face government inquiry.

edit on 22-1-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Anti-Trumpers in the UK?
WTH do they think they can do for better or worse ?
Worse than the other thread that had pro-Trumpers in the UK
Nothing but nonsense.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Link to source

The purpose of the march is to highlight women's rights and bring about equality between the sexes. However somewhere along the line (see article) the protest has grown into an anti-Trump protest. Have a look at the signs being held in this picture:

"No to the Muslim ban".

3. Under Sharia, Marriage and Sexual Intercourse with Pre-Pubescent Girls is Permissible.

Various statistics float around the internet suggesting between 23%-40% of British Muslims wants Sharia law.

Percentage of those advocating Sharia law from just one the countries banned from America:

People that want for nothing always have time to moan about something, hell let them do it, it is a free country but then I can say they are deluded if I want....

Indeed the poll I witnessed was 40% wanted Sharia law and that was a few years ago..

Funny how no one is asking the question about what happened to the Yazidi tribe womens and child who where sold into sexual slavery by ISIS, or why is London the acid attack capital of the "world" per capita???....

Trumps problem??, maybe Brexit???

RA

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The Brits are actively changing their society. They are more Islamic than Christian.

The end of the British dynasty continues to fall. Soon, the esteemed royalty will be diminished.

Ms. Markle will forever change the dynasty; surprised it has survived this long considering the Russian and German influences in the past century.

The Brexit vote was really their undoing but time will tell.

edit on 22-1-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

You got a Queen, a female PM you need a womens right march. So surpressed and without any chances to partake in society...
*facepalm

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I like empowerimg people to be the "best" them that they can muster.

But the Brits and their protesting for and against Trump is kinda creepy. How big of a personality do you have to be to be protested in another country? Hes so hated that they use him as their springboard.

Hes making people famous just for hating him.

Think about that a little

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
List of Muslim-majority countries:
Green = No travel ban
Red = Travel ban
Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Brunei
Burkina Faso
Chad
Comoros
Djibouti
Egypt
Guinea
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Libya
Malaysia
Maldives
Mali
Mauritania
Mayotte
Morocco
Niger
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tajikistan
The Gambia
Tunisia
Turkey
Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates
Uzbekistan
Western Sahara
Yemen

Muslim ban? Last I checked, the overwhelming majority of the world's Muslims were free to travel to the US as they wish.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

There is only a travel ban for countries where actually refugees could come from, refugees the "U"S foreign "policy" is the reason for. I wonder how you could forget afghanistan on that list.

It´s so cheap, so simple to understand the motivation of the "U"S, looking at that list:

We destabilize the world but don´t want the consequences of our behavoir standing in front of our doors, we redirect the by us caused refugee streams to europe! To destabilize europe too, before it becomes bigger and stronger than the "U"S.

Yeah, the good ones once again. Without the "U"SA`s world domination dreams there would be no such refugee streams around the world, that all head to europe. Who wants to go to the "U"SA anymore? Why leaving third world or/and civil war countries, oligarchies and criminal #holes, to go to the "U"SA then, out of the frying pan and into the fire? Well done, U"SA, Soros and other on stolen "U"S ground based megalomaniac ultra rich misanthropists and their NGOs!

Well done, well done...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
These idiots are just embarrassing. If you want to see something about women actually fighting for what is right, you could do worse than watch Made in Dagenham.

Proper feminists, like my mum who actually had to struggle for what should have been their right.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oh if women would run the world.

We would still live in caves, but with really fancy curtains.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I like empowerimg people to be the "best" them that they can muster.

But the Brits and their protesting for and against Trump is kinda creepy. How big of a personality do you have to be to be protested in another country? Hes so hated that they use him as their springboard.

Hes making people famous just for hating him.

Think about that a little

You are not understanding the dynamics with this comment.

The reason why I am kind of in favour of Trump is because it matters greatly to Britain. How many threads have I written about this? Surely I have explained my motives well enough by now?

I feel a bit hurt by your ignorance of all that I have conveyed to you and others.

It is about more than Trump. It ias about having a stronger free world in general. HC would have only brought an even more sell out America for the globalists to play with and they would eventually destroy that up iyts own ass. There are very real things Trump is doing that put the free world interests in general on a stronger footing; economically, politically, globally. That helps the UK. The UK always does the same as the U.S. A strong America is equal to a strong UK and a strong Israel. Do you not see that? I do, very clearly indeed. That is why, my furry friend. The FTSE does as the Dow Jones does, however poorly one is the other is, too. That is why. This is why:

www.theguardian.com...

Dow Jones and FTSE 100 hit fresh record highs as rally continues – as it happened

Don't poo poo it so. It matters, believe it! It matters enough for me to bother thinking about it. You are more isolationist than Trump if you believe it does not matter. I thought you would not have written such a comment has you have written here. It is not doing you justice for the intellect and reasoning powers I know you have.

Mutual interests, that includes mutual misery. If the U.S goes down all its protection and business generating and infrastructure will, too. So will all of its allies. Others will come and chip away at what is left of the free world and Israel will be ravage by the ravenous wolves that surround it. That is how important it has become. All Rome's territories took an interest what kind of Caesar they were gonna have.

edit on 22-1-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Oh if women would run the world.

We would still live in caves, but with really fancy curtains.

Run.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Link to source

"No to the Muslim ban".

This is the UK so why the # are they protesting a USA problem?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Link to source

The purpose of the march is to highlight women's rights and bring about equality between the sexes.

What rights don't women have?

I will admit that women don't have equal rights is many muslim countries, but it appears as though they were marching for Muslims.

So the women were marching because they had too many rights?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Link to source

The purpose of the march is to highlight women's rights and bring about equality between the sexes.

What rights don't women have?

I will admit that women don't have equal rights is many muslim countries, but it appears as though they were marching for Muslims.

So the women were marching because they had too many rights?

I don't think they know. Some of them are holding giant signs stating "catcalling is harassment" and others are campaigning against a fictitious Muslim ban in the USA.

Just an excuse to get together, do some crafts and take their signs out for the day.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Because every Muslim practices sharia law?! Claiming that every Muslim is practicing sharia law is as stupid as claiming that every Trump supporter is a racist.
The premise of your thread is idiotic to say at least.
It will receive a tons of stars and flags but that just shows what ATS has turned in to.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

I wonder how many were protesting the women who were killed/tortured for speaking in Iran?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
A moment of silence for all the sammiches that didn't get made.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: MrConspiracy

I wonder how many were protesting the women who were killed/tortured for speaking in Iran?

Id like to think (hope) a handful may understand the broader issues. However, I fear "feminism" has become a trend rather than a true cause.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
The Brits are actively changing their society. They are more Islamic than Christian.

The end of the British dynasty continues to fall. Soon, the esteemed royalty will be diminished.

Ms. Markle will forever change the dynasty; surprised it has survived this long considering the Russian and German influences in the past century.

The Brexit vote was really their undoing but time will tell.

I'm sorry that's just complete and utter nonsense.

Britain is not more Islamic than Christian.

There are 2.8 million Muslims in the UK. Constituting about 5% of the population. Compared to 43% who identify as Christians.

And 48% who say they are not religious at all. So really it's more accurate to say a great wave of godlessness is taking over the UK.

And the statistics on how many Muslims in the UK want Sharia law is grossly exaggerated too. Yes, some polls suggest 40% say they want 'some' aspects of Sharia law, and when questioned, most of what they mean by that is they think homosexuality should be illegal. Other polls put the number way lower than that though.

One of the things Muslims like about living in the UK is that they don't have to live under Sharia law. And they find that terrific.

And the stuff about Merkle 'changing the dynasty' is pretty much disgusting racism. But hey, that's ATS these days eh.
edit on -06:00am35131America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jan 2018 08:35:20 -060021 by Painterz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join