It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Devin Nunes Won’t Show Us Memo Alleging Surveillance Abuses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

This should follow proper channels for several reasons. We've all seen evidence thrown out of a trial because something was done illegally.

Also, this much MUCH bigger than any mere "scandal". People with a lot of power (official and unofficial) are guilty.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What trial? If there's was a trial this would be part of discovery lol. Every last drop...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

You've seen a handful out of hundreds who have voiced an opinion of it being damaging. The truth is the house republicans are deep!y divided on the significance of this memo.
It's not only the dems who are shaking their heads.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

These alleged tactics have yet to be proven. Isn't that what this is about? Don't go doing a victory lap until the race has been run.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Obama jailed journalists.

Which journalist did he jail?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I was gone man...Literally killed them this morning!!! Birds were a flyin and dyin. Dog is pooped, boat is clean, time to start knocking the breast out and cleaning some birds.

It will be wood duck and oyster gumbo later this week...I'm going to butterfly and stuff a few breasts with jalapenos, banana peppers and cream cheese. Wrap them up in bacon and throw them on the grill for lunch. yuuuummmmmm

Fantastic. Glad you had a good time (seriously).

Never been duck huntin'. Looks fun.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You've seen a handful out of hundreds who have voiced an opinion of it being damaging. The truth is the house republicans are deep!y divided on the significance of this memo.

Given the way things have gone, you understand my skepticism over anyones credibility, shaking heads or not.

#NeverTrump is an infection that seems to still be lingering among some of our elected officials. An honest effort to work with the man is all the moderates of this nation asked, and the lunatics on the fringe just couldn't let it happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I absolutely agree and I think its pretty clear that's why the left is trying so hard to taunt the GOP into releasing this memo too quickly and without going through the proper channels. As soon as that were to happen, they'll all be crying 'obstruction of justice!' or some other such nonsense devised to discredit the whole thing.

It may be a few days, it may be a few weeks, but we will find out what its all about soon enough.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This was inevitable, but yes, for all those wanting supporting documentation, the GOP apparently agrees and is considering releasing some of the underlying info where possible.

www.cnn.com...

edit on 22-1-2018 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Ill give CNN kudo's for writing a pretty good piece. No slant, just facts.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Maybe one day you’ll get to enjoy the ducking I’m speaking of as opposed to the ones your political leaders are so good at.

What are you still doing here Guided? I thought you were going duck huntin'?

Please. Don't let me stop you. I'm just here waiting for that memo to be released.

I was gone man...Literally killed them this morning!!! Birds were a flyin and dyin. Dog is pooped, boat is clean, time to start knocking the breast out and cleaning some birds.

It will be wood duck and oyster gumbo later this week...I'm going to butterfly and stuff a few breasts with jalapenos, banana peppers and cream cheese. Wrap them up in bacon and throw them on the grill for lunch. yuuuummmmmm

..... and thanks to this, I've forgotten what the whole thread was about. Let's eat !!

Not to rub it in....but it was Amazing!! lol and got it cooked before the rain started.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Fantastic. Glad you had a good time (seriously).

Never been duck huntin'. Looks fun.

Thank you! It really is a lot of fun, not for the shooting so much but more being outdoors in nature a fellowship with friends. The tasty meat and primal enjoyment of shooting is just the bonus! I wish I was able to take everyone who hasn't been exposed to outdoor/sportsman activities at least once in their life. Seeing peoples faces light up when they catch their first fish or bag their first animal is the best part. I often take friends and their kids for free just for the enjoyment.

And while I do get paid to help customers bag the big one, I personally do more shooting with a camera then a firearm these days.

edit on 22-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that some people think that Obama committed some sort of crime.

After all he was in office for 8 years. What kind of ignorant investigator couldn't find evidence by then? Wait I know, dumb ass Republicans.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

All through out history a majority have shaken their heads no on things, yet the minority have continued to re-write what is accepted.

20+ year professional never had a real job a day in their life politicians, I dont care what they have to say.

The people putting their current career on the line are what is making me curious, I have not said I believe this memo will crush what remains of the democrats.

I am just wondering what this small group has seen that has them so irate, maybe they see the way things are done and are not happy and want to break the cycle.

edit on 22-1-2018 by Irishhaf because: additional thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TheScale

I'm thinking about discovery in a court... isn't a defendant entitled to everything the prosecution has against them in order to launch a defense? Pretty sure.
In any event they would be entitled to face their accusers.

But really they need to just release this and as much of the back up documentation as can be declassified. Because I'm pretty sure this is just a half baked plan to get rid of Mueller or shut down the FBI investigation.

is there an accuser yet though? im no law expert but so far i dont think theyve reached the point of being formally charged
edit on 22-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53
I find it hard to believe that some people think that Obama committed some sort of crime.

If you understood the Chicago proving grounds, where Obama learned how to "operate", you'd wonder why its taken so long to start finding evidence of criminal activity. Obama is GOOD at what he does...very good.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

BUHAHAHAHA....release the memo to the FBI?... The same FBI who allowed the DNC to break the law by denying the FBI access to their servers, and the FBI didn't subpoena the DNC for obstruction of justice in an investigation "of an alleged foreign government hacking a U.S. political party servers"?...

Nuñez releases the memo to the FBI and the memo disappears... BTW, several people in the FBI are mentioned, in the unredacted copy Nuñez has, as some of the people involved in the crimes explained in the memo. The FBI knows that if Nuñez releases the memo with the names he is releasing classified information and they can bury Nuñez and the memo...

Kind of ironic for the FBI to demand that Nuñez releases the memo when it would be illegal for him to do so for now. Similar to how it was illegal for people within the FBI to release classified information which included the names of Americans being part of their investigation... The FBI, and the left, are asking Nuñez to break the same laws they broke...

Nuñez cannot release the memo, yet, because the names are still confidential, even when they committed crimes...

edit on 22-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: 727Sky

I’m taking some boys ducking this morning.

Course you are. Thanks you explaining yourself, and thanks for avoiding the question of the OP - that is where is that memo?

Good will hunting.

The procedure is have a committee vote on the release; not one man's decision . If voted to release then it is forwarded on the the Executive branch for signing.

Exactly right. Unlike Diane Feinstein, Devin Nunes will follow official legal procedure. A simple Google search of FISA Memo would have easily answered the thread starter's question.

Evidently you don't know that Feinstein and the Dems followed legal procedure for over 5 months demanding release of the transcript, but - being in the minority - they could do nothing but watch Grassley suppress it, week after week, month after month, even after Simpson asked that it be released, warts and all (there was much you folks liked in it).

Here, Nunes is not just in the majority, but is head of the committee, moreover it's just a Memo, I don't even know who authored it, do you?

The memo won't be released - unless needed to thwart a new explosive development in the Trump investigation.

Speaking of which, you do know that the man that Trump appointed to lead the FBI almost resigned over Trump/Sessions pressure to fire McCabe, right?

Want to talk about "political problems" in the FBI, the man who TRUMP chose to lead it had to threaten to resign in protest over Trump's improper, unethical pressure.

Don't worry about that, though. Chase the unicorn.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

BUHAHAHAHA....release the memo to the FBI?... The same FBI who allowed the DNC to break the law by denying the FBI access to their servers, and the FBI didn't subpoena the DNC for obstruction of justice in an investigation "of an alleged foreign government hacking a U.S. political party servers"?...

Nuñez releases the memo to the FBI and the memo disappears... BTW, several people in the FBI are mentioned, in the unredacted copy Nuñez has, as some of the people involved in the crimes explained in the memo. The FBI knows that if Nuñez releases the memo with the names he is releasing classified information and they can bury Nuñez and the memo...

Kind of ironic for the FBI to demand that Nuñez releases the memo when it would be illegal for him to do so for now. Similar to how it was illegal for people within the FBI to release classified information included the names of Americans being part of their investigation... The FBI, and the left, are asking Nuñez to break the same laws they broke...

Nuñez cannot release the memo, yet, because the names are still confidential, even when they committed crimes...

Why would the DNC trust the NYC FBI, lead by Rudy Guiliani who knew about the Comey letter 5 days prior to its release, with picking through its server??

This same FBI that you people believe is "Anti-Trump" is the FBI that submerged the Clinton campaign 9 days prior to the election, and yet said nothing about Trump's collusion with Russia.

You do know that none of this exonerates Trump, much as the hype around it would seem to in the minds of the right.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

they want it so they know specific evidence they need to destroy. i say let them see it last after it goes wide.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join