It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Devin Nunes Won’t Show Us Memo Alleging Surveillance Abuses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: MOMof3

We've already had one thread claiming everything in the memo is a lie and now you [ predictably ] call them Nazis for not releasing it. Just no pleasing you guys huh?
You're doing your damndest to get out in front of this aren't you? Maybe because you know all the shady sh** the Dems have pulled is coming out?
"By Any Means Necessary" right? Even if you have to lie, cover up and destroy evidence.

If you really want to see Nazi tactics, look no further than your own party.

The Republican leaders aren’t calling it a lie. 180 of them said they read it.

“The four-page report, which was made available to the entire House on Thursday and has since been viewed by at least 180 members as of Sunday, is said to outline misuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act by the Obama administration.

Unnamed individuals who spoke with the Washington Post said it contains assertions that seek to discredit Fusion GPS, the opposition research firm that hired ex-British spy Christopher Steele to author the largely unverified "Trump dossier."

If they have proof of treasonous acts they are obligated to show the evidence, start legal proceedings immediately, or it’s another lie.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

According to a few who've seen it. I'd like to form my own opinion but more importantly I want lawyers looking at it because I don't know the laws. I need it explained to me. I don't have issues understanding but I need a guideline for how laws are applied in these procedures and not the opinion of a biased farmer, a son of a cop and some ex-wrestling coach who never studied law any more than me or donald trump for that matter.

Do you know that both Steve King and Devin Nunes voted to give these corrupt FBI guys renewed power to "spy on Americans" in lasts weeks vote on 702?
Wow talk about the courage of their convictions huh?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The release of that memo will put this all to rest folks... and we'll have Obama under house arrest. Why isn't Devin releasing it? Who can answer me?

Just my guess but I think it is one of those big fat nothing burgers.... I mean it's a memo that a group of republican congressmen got together and wrote.

You think that is going to put Obama under house arrest? because that's how our justice system works right?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

I think everyone is sleeping.

Shrugs.
I gotta go wake those chickens in a few...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Give it time.. when the Memo is release and more damning information comes out about the DOJ and FBI being used to
a) get Clinton of federal charges with her private server
b) spy on a political candidate and use information to rig an election
c) attempt to bring down a sitting president through misinformation and lies

i hope you come back here and admit how wrong you were

Oh I'll be here.

How long we talking? 1 month? 1 year? 10 years ??

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Diane released unclassified testimony . This is not even in the same ball park but love how you worked the petty dig in. Meow....

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Diane released unclassified testimony . This is not even in the same ball park but love how you worked the petty dig in. Meow....

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The procedure is have a committee vote on the release;

Following what would be another vote in the House Intelligence Committee, which needs to be approved by Nunes, the question of whether the memo is publicly released will ultimately be up to the president, as Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, explained on Thursday.

lawmakers urge Devin Nunes to allow release of memo on FISA abuses

Nunes?

If voted to release then it is forwarded on the the Executive branch for signing. I just hope the Democrats can't block the public release.

Well if the Dems attempt to block the release, I'll be sure to post a thread about it.... and you can call me out on that when that time comes! Save this chat by the way!

It's all on Nunes at the moment.

Where's the memo?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The Republican leaders aren’t calling it a lie.

No...just the Democrats. Fusion GPS doesn't need help being discredited.
They've done quite well all by themselves.
I honestly think that, even if they released the whole report, Dems would call it all a lie and find a way to make themselves the victim. You have more evidence stacking up every day that the FBI, Justice, the Democrats and Clinton were trying rig an election, then when they lost, having some kind of "insurance policy" to oust Trump.
When will you admit this all looks very damning?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

All this is is an obvious effort to discredit Robert Mueller, and take apart the special council and FBI investigations into trump and Russia connections.
He's not going to get away with it.
If these documents prove such horrendous abuse of power let's see it. But I doubt it does.

Part of trumps known arsenal of weapons he uses against opponents is to sully their name or attempt to discredit or defame them. That's all this is.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

When will you admit this all looks very damning?

How on earth can you claim something to be damning if you haven't seen the memo for yourself? The memo Nunes refuses to release?

How does that work?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
How can anything be classified when everyone knows about it. The republicans say it’s real and factual and evidence. They are allowed to just make accusations and not present their evidence? Fricking Nazis.

You throw nazi around like that and it becomes meaningless. I mean, if not releasing a memo males them Nazis what's Hillary for destroying subpoenaed evidence. The only clear thing here is that you're not to be taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You know, I had a long reply written out, but just deleted it. There's no point. When talking to "Never Trump"-ers, I may as well just go beat my head against a wall.
I look forward to the Left's wailing and mental gymnastics when it does come out.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   
And if he released it you would be borderline hysterical denying anything and everything that resembles evidence against the democrats.

The only thing about this memo that has me curious is a handful of republicans have quite literally bet their political careers on this memo, which is kind of an unusual thing for any politician to do. It will come out sooner or later, and if it was all a lie to try and help the president every democrat that runs against them will use it like a sledge hammer to push them out of office.

So I am curious to see what it actually is that they are willing to take this public stand on it. (not to mention republicans are not exactly big fans of Trump so seems weird they would fall on their swords for him.)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
im just curious but i read that as, the fbi is upset that they arent releasing whats in the report to "them" the fbi when they themselves could even possibly be implicated in abuses aswell? so this is just assuming but would u release the information to an agency that may or may not be under investigation if that information would give them time to prepare a defense or take measures against an investigation? doesnt mention anything about the fbi being angry its not being made public, just not being made known to them. rightly so imo if they are implicated in possible crimes.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

I'm thinking about discovery in a court... isn't a defendant entitled to everything the prosecution has against them in order to launch a defense? Pretty sure.
In any event they would be entitled to face their accusers.

But really they need to just release this and as much of the back up documentation as can be declassified. Because I'm pretty sure this is just a half baked plan to get rid of Mueller or shut down the FBI investigation.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

They (the 180) who viewed it are NOT all in agreement as to what this means or its validity.
They are deeply divided on the issue so don't go making it sound like they are all behind it just because they read it.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

There are some folks on the Right working against Trump as well.

The only sane option: trust no one even if you think you can

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

The fbi is losing evidence. Why on earth would they get advanced warning on what servers to delete next?

I trust just about anyone more than the fbi. To fimd their reputation you need to pull up the toilet and snake out the line.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Why isn't he releasing the memo to the public?

What't the matter?

It's damning right?

Who should he trust to give it to right now?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join