It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whole slew of new sensors in the ceiling at work. Need help ID'ing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Clear bubble and hard shielded wire, optical monitoring, probably IR. For staff since you say they are going into non patient areas. If you see staff wearing new ID badges, theres your sign.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Look kind of like the wi-fi transmitters in the hospital where I used to work. I would say that or some sort of camera.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
They sure aren't hiding those there, I suppose they are everywhere, just hidden so a person does not know they are there. They could have multifunctions. Some may not need cables and are probably smaller. Maybe not enough signal in those areas to go wireless, interference from something or other.

Being they have a cat five cable means they are not just smoke or fire, that could be sent over a tiny two strand wire.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Could they be heat mapping sensors. We had these installed above our checkout tills in my old supermarket. They were designed to detect heat from persons, this helped out our supermarket by telling us which checkouts were frequently used and how busy the bank of checkouts could get during certain periods of the day. This also allowed the shop to decide which checkouts to open

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Maybe you work for the new Amazon store in Seattle, that you just take what ever you want off the shelf and leave.
No checkout required.
The sensors use facial recognition to bill your credit card when you leave the store with an item

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I work in IT in a hospital. We now have motion sensors in the ceiling (for our lights, you don't turn them off or on) and gas sensors. My guess is that they are motion sensors. If you still have light switches enjoy them, they won't last long. It stinks if you have a desk job. I finally just got a lamp because my light turns off constantly.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Not fire alarm related, would be red wire. Doesn't look like any motion sensor I've installed, and I have installed many, especially lately with the "go green" thing.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 05:09 AM
link   
They look like motion sensors.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Looks like 360 cameras to me. There are several models that are almost flush with the ceiling that look similar.

www.bhphotovideo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join