It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone out there give me OOB guidance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Hello everyone, my name is James and I am 27 years old.Im married with two daughters and have a full time job.My life is pretty normal except that I occasionally leave my body at times and I would truly like to speak with someone that has experience in this area and honestly knows what is going on.Ill give as much info as I can,and please don't think this is a joke or something because I'm honestly at a wall with this crap and can't find help.It only happens when I'm either going to sleep at night or when I take a mid-day nap.Ok my mind is muddled so ill just list some experiences.Once I was laying in bed years ago asleep when I woke up and couldn't move.It was hard to breath and I couldn't move a muscle, it subsided a few minutes into it but it was scary as hell.Another time I was laying on my couch taking a nap before work and it felt hard to breath for what seemed like a few minutes so I tried to roll over because I was facing the back of the couch.I tried to motion for my wife and say something but I couldn't form words and I rolled off the couch.I struggled to get up and I saw myself laying on the couch still.I was scared to death because I thought I died but at the same time I couldn't think clearly because everything around me was muddled and hazy and I couldn't think clearly about things.Its hard to explain how my mind feels when this happens because it's Soo alien to me.Those are the two weirder times and I think the first one was sleep paralysis but I've had what I'm about to explain now to you in as much detail as possible now about a hundred times.Randomly when I wake up in the early morning and I open my eyes, I still feel sleepy and my head is all wavey like an ocean.I close my eyes to go back to sleep and I feel the back of my neck and head go flush and my legs and arms have heavy feel to them.I open my eyes but I can tell that it's different because it's like the world has gone numb kinda.Like a lower tone to it if that makes sense.And if I try hard to get up I can but it takes a long time and my chest is heavy throughout the experience.I can walk around the house and see myself but I cannot interact with anything and usually after about 5 or so minutes I get that falling feeling and jerk awake.Sorry this is Soo all over the place but I just want help with it because I try to willingly make it happen and I can't.The reason why I want to control when it happens and doesn't happen is because when it does, afterwards I literally feel like I'm stoned and have no energy to do anything and my mind takes a few seconds to register things.After the incident on the couch, I went to work and bumped into literally every endcap in every isle I walked down trying to clock in.My manager saw that I was acting strange and called me into the office to see if I was high or drunk.Luckily he was my friend outside if work and overlooked it but please someone out there give me some kind of guidance.Crystals...meditation...something!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sorry for all the bad English in my first post but I wanted to get it out there and I've never been that great at writing lol.I wanted to elaborate also on the after effects of it.When I come out of it, I feel very drained like I'm empty and I'm walking around in a dream state and it takes about an hour or two to get my bearings back.The reason this is such a big deal is because I don't like the fact that I don't have any warning of it happening and i have no control at all.Ive messaged people on Facebook and commented on YouTube videos about this and no one responds to me.I spoke to a lady at a festival once that was selling gems and talismans and she said I needed to buy some stones from her so I dropped $20 on a few rocks that looked cool and slept with them like she said and it did nothing.Im a completely open book everyone, ask me something and I'll do my best to answer.I can also give you my phone number through private message if you honestly think you can as a friend help me to learn about this.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You need to be cautious i think. OOB can be deceptive. I get random REM visions of seeing birds eye views of forests. But i think yours and earths fields cross and we get random things happening.
Meaning humans are impacted by resonances, timing, magnetic overload
edit on 22-1-2018 by anotherside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamesstrength21

if its causing you issue and you want it to stop, then stop trying to do it.
next time it happens focus on your thoughts, focus your mind onto remaining calm, feeling your breathing, focus on how it feels to breath, and either start focusing on waking yourself up, or going back into dreamland whichever you want,

but your paralysis, your struggling to get up, your stepping out of yourself, they sound like they involve a fear, a panic, you should avoid that. thats probably what drains you of energy more then anything.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Ive never seen things like that before, it's always me looking through my own fist person view like normal.But everything is hazy and I can't interact with things.like if I touch something, I can feel when I put pressure on it with my hands but there's no sensation it's just like everything is desensitized.And I feel a vibration in my head and it runs down my back when it happens but it's not really a vibration, but more like a rush or a build up of over excited nerves or something...I'm trying to be cautious but this is soo unknown to me even tho it's happened my whole life!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Believe me I have because the after effects sucks and I gain nothing from going through this experience.But sometimes I'm Soo groggy that it happens anyway and there I am.I can either keep laying there and try to wake up, or get up and stand around my house in a half drunken state untill I jolt back into my body and regardless I'm gonna be off kilter half of the day.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Got to go to sleep, but I'll be back on tomorrow after 5 o'clock when I get off work.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamesstrength21
a reply to: NobodiesNormal
....I can either keep laying there and try to wake up,....

not just try, do, put serious focus and effort into the waking up, dont be wavering in your decision.

indecision to any degree only weakens you.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Are you stressed or have anxiety?

I have an anxiety disorder that is much improved the past few years but one of my remaining issues is sleep walking and seeing things in the room when im asleep... I'm half awake and remember everything. I know this is not the exact same as your experience. But stress can indeed affect sleep and what happens.

edit on 22-1-2018 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamesstrength21

I believe you that you believe your spirit leaves your body .... OBE ..... and this issue has been questioned for thousands of years and disciples of the Apostles clearly taught that the ONLY time the spirit is allowed to the leave the body is at death.

A demon stands near you, beside you, above you as you sleep. You think you see from your eyes but it is the other way around.... you are looking through its eyes. It is inside you (your mind) showing you want it wants to show you. You allow this to happen to you.

I would advise you resist this the next time it occurs. Prayers will help you.

God bless you...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Check out Robert Bruce. His book Astral Dynamics is very helpful in explaining the different phenomena associated with OoBE.
The hypnagogic state, dream paralysis etc..
By arming yourself with enough info about the experience, you take out the fear-factor witch often may lead to difficulties in interpretation of the whole phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Robert Monroe has a great book, Journeys Out of the Body, However in your case I'd probably stop trying to do it and not obsess about it, keep yourself busy with other stuff.

And Deathslayer, the demon stuff doesn't help, I think that is far from true. You're coming from a viewpoint that doesn't necessarily reflect reality

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumimies

Thanks alot for that info I'll definitely check that book out buddy!!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your helpful comments but reading what happens to me and experiencing it is two vastly different things.I truly cannot stop this from happening and I'm leaning towards understanding it and maybe making it work for me rather than against me! I hope someone out there is lurking around that actually have this type of experience and can weigh in on it as well.But in the mean time I will definitely read those two authors that were recommended to me.Thankyou all

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
yeah, it's simple....do nothing, give it to Jesus and watch what he does....

He'll do the work....you don't have change a thing you're doing...

just in your mind talk to Him...He'll answer

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I've been researching this subject lately and have found that fear of the unknown is the first hurdle to jump over while experiencing an OOBE. So there will be a few tests of your mental fortitude before you are ready to astral travel. The astral realm is not like this world in the sense that we have a set of rules to follow here in the 3rd dimension of physical reality, much like that of a Sims game. But when you reach the astral realm the rules change. Your thoughts, fears, and emotions have a direct effect on this level of reality. Its why you've been having such a rough time when you go out of body. The people at the Monroe Institute have been researching this phenomena for a long time and can help you in this area more than anyone. You have found yourself in the unique position to do this naturally. Take advantage of it and do not fear. And don't let these people fear monger you out of something that seems to be naturally occurring for a reason. Find that reason because it is a rare gift what you can do. There are others out there that have OOBE's every night and go to some pretty amazing places. Peace be with you.

posted on Feb, 4 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamesstrength21....but reading what happens to me and experiencing it is two vastly different things....

realize please, that is the same reason you or anyone struggles to understand and act on advice given to you, reading their advice versus having experienced their advice are two different things. its hard to understand what good advice is until you've really done it.

....I hope someone out there is lurking around that actually have this type of experience and can weigh in on it as well....

why do you assume no one so far posted has had the same type of experience? what your really saying is you want to hear about others experiences...

ive woken paralyzed a number of times a few of which had a dark entity in the room. i overcame it almost everytime, i conquered fear with anger with fight, fear is flight, your brain is hard wired to fight or flight under stress. if flight is paralyzing you, then fight instead, its your only other option.

you've gotten good advice in this thread you choose to ignore it at your own peril.

new topics

top topics

join