It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Pipe bombs explode FL Mall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
No injuries reported. Lake Wells FL

www.abcactionnews.com...

I hope the camera's were working.
Thankfully no harm done.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

www.theledger.com...

spacecoastdaily.com...

Suspect currently Middle Age White Guy... I would think they have witnesses it was at 5:30 PM they went off. More IED"s were found un exploded.

edit on 21-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Had to actually google that one, grew up in FL and was all "Where TF is Lake Wells? Never heard of that one..." It's Lake WALES, not Wells.

In short, Polk County as a whole is not known for much beyond regularly scheduled dysfunction (Lakeland is the butt of most jokes) Lake Wales is not usually one of the towns mentioned in bats# crazy news, though it does have a druggie reputation to an extent.

Pipe bombs in a mall? It's in Polk, I'm not really all that surprised or shocked.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Is that anywhere near winter haven ? ... I've been there . Mostly citrus trees and farming around that area .

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

LAKE WALES, Fla -

Two improvised explosive devices (IEDs) go off at Eagle Ridge Mall. Lake Wales fire crews responded to an alarm call at 451 Eagle Ridge Drive around 5:30 p.m. Sunday.

When fire crews arrived at the location, they saw smoke coming from a corridor located next to the mall entrance of JCPenney. The fire department located two pipe bomb type devices that ignited in the corridor of the building.

Half five on a Sunday. People are lucky these things didn't go off properly. 2018 just begun and the domestic psychos are already getting busy.

ETA -

MALL EXPLOSION:
- 2 pipe bomb-type bombs detonated in corridor mostly used by employees
- Explosion happened around 5:30, mall closes at 6.
- Est. 100 people in mall at time. Nobody hurt.
- Third suspicious package found near theater. Contents unclear. @10NewsWTSP— Josh Sidorowicz (@joshsidorowicz) January 22, 2018

Jackass with a grudge? Ex-employee? Someone caught with a handful of M&Ms they hadn't paid for?
edit on 1.22.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Hope the perp is captured before causing harm to anyone.

Wow! that's a pretty broad brush you're wielding there. Way to dismiss several hundred thousand citizens, some of whom have just had a nasty scare. No compassion for dysfunctional folks?
I didn't grow up there but visited relatives there often through the years. I'm told that it has grown tremendously since I was last there in the mid 2000s, just after they had been hit by 3 hurricanes in one season. Just as they were getting back on their feet---BOOM! the recession hit them. I'm pretty sure the entire nation's drug problems increased to some extent.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

The problem I aways have with these kinds of events is that in the old days if somebody was upset with the authorities or some organsation, they got a group of people together from their village, jumped on their horses and rode off the main mans castle or what ever and called them out and settled it right then and there.

If whoever the person is, who is alledged to have done this event, then it does not stand to reason to take it out on their fellow villigers, their neighbours.

Their grievience is not with their neighbours but with some distant powerful figure.

I am a bit circumspect this is the work of a nutter that went mad because if someone has fallen off their trolly, how woud they have the ability to plan the event in detail because this takes time, conentration and effort?

A nutter is unlikely to have all these as they would be very figity, hypo and only thinking about how some percieved wrong that had occured. They are not likly to be rational, stable or considered in what they do.

It just not add up in my book.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I used to hear about pipe bombs all the time when I was a kid in the nineties. Now its quite rare you ever hear of these incidents. Typically these things are overpowered fireworks stuffed in a pipe with nails, screws, pennies, bearings etc.. etc..

But they are never seem to do much damage. After all they are amateur made IED's using home supplies. They are not the kind of stuff remotely detonated. Typically a fuse is lit, hence the over powered fireworks comparison. SO whenever it detonated, the perp was not much more than a minute or two away.

I am a big fan of the mall, but this does not really bother me much. Liek Is aid, I recall hearing about pipe bombs on the news pretty frequently in the nineties. Thank goodness its quite a rare occurrence now. Does anybody even remember the last time a pipe bomb actually detonated that made it to the news?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Had to actually google that one, grew up in FL and was all "Where TF is Lake Wells? Never heard of that one..." It's Lake WALES, not Wells.

In short, Polk County as a whole is not known for much beyond regularly scheduled dysfunction (Lakeland is the butt of most jokes) Lake Wales is not usually one of the towns mentioned in bats# crazy news, though it does have a druggie reputation to an extent.

Pipe bombs in a mall? It's in Polk, I'm not really all that surprised or shocked.

Thanks for the name update.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I used to hear about pipe bombs all the time when I was a kid in the nineties. Now its quite rare you ever hear of these incidents. Typically these things are overpowered fireworks stuffed in a pipe with nails, screws, pennies, bearings etc.. etc..

But they are never seem to do much damage. After all they are amateur made IED's using home supplies. They are not the kind of stuff remotely detonated. Typically a fuse is lit, hence the over powered fireworks comparison. SO whenever it detonated, the perp was not much more than a minute or two away.

I am a big fan of the mall, but this does not really bother me much. Liek Is aid, I recall hearing about pipe bombs on the news pretty frequently in the nineties. Thank goodness its quite a rare occurrence now. Does anybody even remember the last time a pipe bomb actually detonated that made it to the news?

I don't recall when the last one of these things happened. I guess the Boston Marathon with the pressure cooker bombs was the last thing of this nature and that was real bad.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Now they are saying that they were not bombs, just flares.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The pressure cooker method is a bit different. I believe it uses a timer. Pipe bombs typically just light a fuse. Flares, maybe he just wanted to make lots of smoke?? In any case, this is the guy they are currently searching for.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The pressure cooker method is a bit different. I believe it uses a timer. Pipe bombs typically just light a fuse. Flares, maybe he just wanted to make lots of smoke?? In any case, this is the guy they are currently searching for.

Woah!
If so that is NOT a white guy. A bit like a person from the ME?
edit on 22-1-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
thats hard to say from the back of his head with a hat on though. He does not look stocky to me, which is how they described him.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Probably not a white guy.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I am a Florida native. Polk county is often refered to the People Of Little Knowledge county.

It is notorious for drugs, gangs and white supremacists and arguably the meth capital of Florida.

They also have an extremist sheriff Grady Judd.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I am a Florida native. Polk county is often refered to the People Of Little Knowledge county.

It is notorious for drugs, gangs and white supremacists and arguably the meth capital of Florida.

They also have an extremist sheriff Grady Judd.

Well one thing, the guy looked Iranian before he looked 'redneck'. While not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, your rednecks are still preferred over pipe bombing jihadist. just saying....

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I cant tell if the guy looks middle eastern or black but definitely not the redneck type.

top topics

join