It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accusation trumps team dug up dirt on hillary from china and deleted evidence of it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There is no doubt I am a trump supporter. I frequently defend him on here.

However, that does not mean I will not call him out when I see something shady going on

I was in the car listening to talk radio today, when a guy had what seemed to be a startling story about trump's team
So i guess he says trumps teamed hired ercury, basically the republican equivalent of the podesta group,
In and effort to dig up dirt on hillary. they apparently contacted several israeli operatives who used contacts in
Several places, including china, to try to get dirt on hillary.

Apparently they didnt get much, but it is something muellers team is looking in to. mueller asked to see documents related to
This, but apparently trumps team claims they accidentally destroyed a bunch of emails and other documents related to this.
Essentially, this is one of the reasons that mueller brought on a cyber investigator, to see if he can prove these documents are recoverable.

So even though I support trump, and I dont think this one persons story is proof of anything, it does seem troubling to me that trump would try
To dig up dirt on hillary through china, and then delete incriminating evidence.
edit on 21-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

from what ive found online it sounds like this stems back to manafort and gates to 2012. sounds like they were involved with both groups aswell as podesta being involved with the same groups. makes u wonder whats going on there with people possibly crossing party lines. a peak behind the curtain that shows the corruption is far deeper then one party. not that it would surprise me in anyway
edit on 21-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Did Trump's team use the FBI or DoJ for this alleged dig?

Sounds to me like theyre simply accusing Trump of what they know they did themselves in real actual life.

One clue is that you heard this on the radio. I listen to NPR strictly for entertainment purposes and all their Trump news is of course spun into disfigurement, especially anything good he does.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Isn't this standard procedure?

As long as they didn't use public payed Acronyms (FBI) I guess no biggy. Or are you concerned about the emails?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

As long as they didn't use public payed Acronyms (FBI) I guess no biggy. Or are you concerned about the emails?

Well my point is in the op...

But getting dirt on hillary from a known adversary china seems very bad.

And doesnt deleting these emails seem to imply there is sonme wrong doing going on?

I mean, what are the chances that they knew Mueller was looking for collusion. and they just happened to delete emails about what was being investigated.

That seems fishy to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Personally, I don't care where anyone gets their dirt as long as it's not fantasy concocted dirt!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Trumps guys didn't do the digging, it was outsourced. I imagine the chinese contacts had no idea who it was for.

And yes the emails going bye bye seems Clinton-tonian.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Opposition research is what campaigns do (both sides) they will look everywhere they possibly can for usable dirt on the opposition. Maybe ethically questionable, but a reality in virtually all political campaigns.

When government agencies get involved in that process on either side it's a completely different ballgame.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Opposition research is what campaigns do (both sides) they will look everywhere they possibly can for usable dirt on the opposition. Maybe ethically questionable, but a reality in virtually all political campaigns.

When government agencies get involved in that process on either side it's a completely different ballgame.
hence, the crux of the issue that is currently being played out in the political scene.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You know ... it would be a lot more credible with either proof or if it wasn't exactly the same story evidence is actually turning up around the Clinton campaign that actually does involved the former administration where this one doesn't.

All someone has to do is omit the executive branch/DoJ involvement and erase countries of origin and insert some other country names in the blanks like a random campaign conspiracy MadLib to concoct it.

The least they could have done is be original.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: seasonal

Well my point is in the op...

And doesnt deleting these emails seem to imply there is sonme wrong doing going on?

I mean, what are the chances that they knew Mueller was looking for collusion. and they just happened to delete emails about what was being investigated.

That seems fishy to me.

only thing i can dig up anywhere on the net about deleting emails or documents by trump refers to old cases long before he was ever in the running for president going back to 1976. my gut tells me whoever was in that interview was speculating based on past behavior without having any hard evidence yet. hopefully over the next few days some hard facts come out on this cause atm there is practically nothing to be found on the net about this. other then its mostly to do with ukraine and nothing to do with hillary at all. so will be interesting to see
edit on 21-1-2018 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

So , which is the boogeyman of the day ? Russia or China ? Syria or Turkey ? Iran or Saudi Arabia ?
I would hope if this is true , they got something on the sudden disappearance of laptops alleged to have contained super-sensitive information on US nuclear weapons. You know , the ones that disappeared during Ol Bill's Presidency on the visit from Chinese government officials . The ones that miraculously reappeared in broom closets , behind water fountains , etc. once the Chinese had left.
Interesting.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Spot on...

It's always been difficult to ferret out dirt on the Clinton's in the US... the answers most often, conveniently, lie under tombstones...

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
You wrote:

"But getting dirt on hillary from a known adversary china seems very bad.

And doesnt deleting these emails seem to imply there is sonme wrong doing going on? "

No, it doesn't, as long as the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) is not violated.

US citizens have a Constitutionally protected right to lawfully try to affect the outcome of an election. That includes paying a foreign entity to provide dirt on an opponent. This is not intrinsically illegal or unethical. Foreign nationals have no such right, that's why the FECA distinguishes between a US citizen paying for dirt (First Ammendment protected) and the foreign entity supplying and/or paying for the same product under its own volition. The latter would constitute an act of sabotage on the part of the foreign entity. If a US person colluded with such a foreign entity in sabotaging an election, I assume that would be an illegal conspiracy of some sort. The important distinction that a lot of people seem to miss is who initiates the action.

If the Trump campaign did not do any of those things with the Chinese, then no fault, no foul. Likewise, if no law was broken, then there was probably no requirement to retain records for any particular reason.

I assume that Mueller is checking to verify exactly who initiated and paid for any Chinese help.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I commend the OP for being evenhanded on this. The big question is whether liberals will excuse this as merely "opposition research" being that that's how they characterized Clinton and the DNC paying Russians through intermediaries for dirt on Trump.

I have a strange hunch the answer to that question is gonna be no.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I find it silly to call china...a "known adversary"...in what regard ?

You trade and deal with china. You import chinese goods and services, and you export them yours. You import their workforce and your president meets with theirs. Doesnt sound all too adversarial.

This..."adversary" denomination is simply an empty political sideshow. They are adversaries as much as the guy running next to you in track and field.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

And where else do you think anyone could get any information which was even close to the truth ? The D N C maybe ???

If you want information and not "fairy tales" you go to any and every source you can find.
edit on 23-1-2018 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join