It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Xacthdra,

Do you have a link to that tweet?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
And it is not "evidence" it is a void. A missing item is not evidence, it is missing. The term "evidence" pre-supposes the conclusion that a crime has been committed.

What is a record?

Records are defined in various statutes, including the Federal Records Act and the Freedom of Information Act. The definition that follows is from the Federal Records Act that governs agencies' records management responsibilities.

Records include all books, papers, maps, photographs, machine-readable materials, or other documentary materials, regardless of physical form or characteristics, made or received by an agency of the United States Government under Federal law or in connection with the transaction of public business and preserved or appropriate for preservation by that agency or its legitimate successor as evidence of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities of the Government or because of the informational value of the data in them (44 U.S.C. 3301).

Link

The texts are evidence.

If government agencies destroy evidence of their organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, operations, or other activities...then how can We, the People -- or any other government bodies charged with the duty of oversight --oversee those agencies?

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Well obviously we don't know because in almost two years of investigating no evidence of Russian tampering or of collusion with Russians has been uncovered.

Since one of the lead agents texted that he didnt even believe there was anything to the accusations then maybe it is time to say there is nothing to it.

And mentions of "insurance " policies and secret society meetings is enough to at the very least investigate the so called investigators...maybe they can try the all time favorite the dog ate those text messages.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme
They should check Devin Nunez, he probably forgot to return the files he was using to create his memo..

All jokes aside, are you not in the least bit disturbed at the FBI "losing" this evidence?

Just to clarify, this was DOJ that lost this data.
It is Sessions own Assistant Attorney General making excuses.
And it is not "evidence" it is a void. A missing item is not evidence, it is missing. The term "evidence" pre-supposes the conclusion that a crime has been committed.
how was it the DOJ when the FBI says it was Samsung and the glitches have nothing to do with the DOJ?

#fakenews

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Xcathdra

In any other crime are the text messages of the investigating officers relevant???

If I murder someone, is it a get out of jail free card if the investigation can not provide their personal text messages to the defense?!?!

Of course not..

If I break into a house do I get to call the investigating officers private text messages as evidence????

What if, while I am under arrest for either crime, I claim that it is all a set up.. these guys are out to get me????

Do I then have a right to the investigating officers personal text messages???

Of course not..

If the person investigating you had already been shown to hate you before you were even being investigated and was discussing a potential job you might get, whilst indicating they didn't want you to get it.. then yeah, it would be relevant in any crime you were accused of, obviously.

I think you knew that already, but you couldn't resist making some silly defence of an obviously significant issue. I am sure the looming embarrassment for those that kept beating the collusion drum with no evidence are a bit upset right now, so it's understandable that excuses will be made about the FBIs behaviour - however silly those excuses are.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The messages have now been found

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

twitter.com...

lol

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The texts were lost with hardware replacement.

They have now been recovered. Oh no now what mole hill will you guys make a mountain out of? I sure hope they release those texts.
I'm sure the smoking gun is in there. LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

twitter.com...

lol

That's brutal. But those texts expressing similar sentiment equaled a secret society . Lol. I wonder if their secret handshake involves any vocalization. Woo woo.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No. They said it was a hardware issue. I don't see how that's so surprising. I lost data changing tablets.
What do you have to say now that they've been retrieved?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

If you're inclined to draw conclusions one way or another from one text out of thousands, then good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

That is a terrifying thought. Good thing that didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

No. They said it was a hardware issue. I don't see how that's so surprising. I lost data changing tablets.
What do you have to say now that they've been retrieved?

I have to say that why did the fbi say they were lost on the first place if they were so easily retrievable?

Just like why does it take threatening contempt before they hand over info they are supposed to to congress?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

They only asked for the texts up to Nov 30 2016. No one was withholding anything and these texts were not evidence of anything. It was just another chew toy for the right.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

They only asked for the texts up to Nov 30 2016. No one was withholding anything and these texts were not evidence of anything. It was just another chew toy for the right.

Can you link to proof/evidence of this statement?

You DO remember that the legislators had to threaten contempt charges to get anything released, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

In a letter sent to congressional committees, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said his office “succeeded in using forensic tools to recover text messages from FBI devices, including text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page that were sent or received between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.”

I still don't understand how 50,000 texts can be exchanged over a few months. Are any of you prolific texters?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It was over two years. Why does this matter?
edit on 1252018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

It was over two years. Why does this matter?

You cannot build a case on actual collusion (i.e., working together in concert to break the law) without evidence to support it.

That is the difference between the snipe hunt the DNC has been on, and the actual investigation of real wrong doing that resulted from it.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You changing tablets and the FED-GOV having multiple redundant back-up systems are equivocal...

/sarcasm

edit on 25-1-2018 by CrawlingChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

I didn't say they were. I just said it was hardware.

Ut oh. They found them...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join