It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI ‘Failed To Preserve’ Five Months Of Text Messages Between Anti-Trump FBI Agents

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Heh, yes you did... You equated losing data on your personal tablet, to the FBI losing it's records on a system that uses multiple redundant back-up systems.

They said it was a hardware issue. I don't see how that's so surprising. I lost data changing tablets.

Which is ludicrous.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There were never fifty thousand text messages missing.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Except no one said it's been deleted tough.
They were lost. Now they're found.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No, they claimed they were never stored to begin with.

Then they started to be found to have been stored.

Meaning, they outright lied about failing to produce evidence requested. It could be that they couldn't find them, panicked, then went into CYA mode to create the lie. But it was a lie nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

That's what they're doing. Making a big deal out of clipped sentences and phrases. It's an act. A diversion. These agents are laughing at the crowd trying to make a conspiracy out of a bunch of sarcastic texts. (by people who were pretty politically opinionated on a variety of subjects and people.)
It's farcical. These reps and anyone advancing this story are being looked at as fools. The MSM is laughing at this.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They handed these over last August. The friggin DOJ was the ones who lost then found them.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: ausername

That's what they're doing. Making a big deal out of clipped sentences and phrases. It's an act. A diversion. These agents are laughing at the crowd trying to make a conspiracy out of a bunch of sarcastic texts. (by people who were pretty politically opinionated on a variety of subjects and people.)
It's farcical. These reps and anyone advancing this story are being looked at as fools. The MSM is laughing at this.

I remember last November when Trump accused Obama of wiretapping Trump Tower. Everyone laughed at him, called him a liar, demanded proof, etc, etc.

So today when the same people want to claim they are laughing at how ridiculous something is, you understand when I shrug that off as anything but credible, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The MSM is laughing at this.

Not the first time for them......how did that one work out for you????

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

They handed these over last August. The friggin DOJ was the ones who lost then found them.

Can you provide a link to back this up? This isn't the story that circulated yesterday.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

. After finding a number of politically-oriented text messages between Page and Strzok, the OIG sought from the FBI all text messages between Strzok and Page from their FBI-issued phones through November 30, 2016

www.hsgac.senate.gov...

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

No I didn't... the actual intent was that it was easy to lose data when changing devices. Changing entire systems is even riskier.

But Hey they were lost...and now they're found. How about you deal with that huh?
And not pick on me because the conspiracy just deflated.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Right, same thing I understood. From your brief link:

The Senators’ letter is asking the DOJ Inspector General (1) to explain why he did not previously disclose FBI’s failure to provide the missing texts, and (2) to inform the committees about the steps the IG is taking to investigate the circumstances surrounding the missing texts.

The question is: the texts were never delivered to begin with, and the DOJ IG is being asked why he didn't disclose this prior to being asked about it.

They were never delivered to the DOJ. See point 1 above from the source you provided.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: CrawlingChaos

I didn't say they were. I just said it was hardware.

Ut oh. They found them...

Interesting. The IG says the were recovered from "FBI devices" using "forensic tools."

I can't wait to find out what devices they were retrieved from, what the messages say, and more about how they were not "retained" to begin with.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

No, they claimed they were never stored to begin with.

The best I could find is that the FBI said they were not "retained" according to their policy. I felt like the language wasn't specific enough to know if they meant they were not ever backed up or if they were once backed up and then somehow *not retained."

Of course, they all act like the public should just sit and speculate instead of providing us with precise language to begin with.

And we keep paying them to string us along.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Well obviously we don't know because in almost two years of investigating no evidence of Russian tampering or of collusion with Russians has been uncovered.

A common proclamation that really means nothing. You do not know what evidence Muller has and there have been very very few if any leaks from his investigative team.
He doesn't seem the type to waste his time.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You do not know what evidence Muller has and there have been very very few if any leaks from his investigative team.

Im assuming this isn't just you trying to set up a joke or something?

www.newsweek.com...

Muellers leaky team has been the source of countless articles, opinions by elected officials, and a couple of law suits.
edit on 1/25/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Doesn't really matter now does it? Everybody go back to your respective corners.
No one did anything underhanded. Data lost data found. End of story.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So if I have a person who hates me and happens to be a cop if that guy arrests me for anything I can tell the judge to search the cops text messages? Maybe use that to get the whole thing thrown out? Groovy.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well obviously we don't know because in almost two years of investigating no evidence of Russian tampering or of collusion with Russians has been uncovered.

A common proclamation that really means nothing. You do not know what evidence Muller has and there have been very very few if any leaks from his investigative team.
He doesn't seem the type to waste his time.

Really???

Robert Mueller's leak problem

Another day, another potentially illegal leak from special counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury investigating Russian election meddling.

Mueller has enough evidence to charge Flynn in Russia investigation

Mueller has enough evidence to charge Flynn in Russia investigation

This followed the earlier leak to CNN — 72 hours in advance — that the grand jury had voted the first indictments in the investigation, later identified as former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his business associate Rick Gates.

And that raises the suspicion that the special counsel may be playing politics with his prosecutions.

And if Mueller is upset about the violations of grand jury secrecy, he hasn’t said anything about it publicly.
Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, says he specifically warned Mueller about “the importance of cutting out the leaks.”

Indeed, he added on “Fox News Sunday,” “it’s kind of ironic that the people charged with investigating the law and the violations of the law would violate the law.”

You can't rise and repeat here until it sticks...I know that's clearly a tactic in the guide to forum shilling but don't try and manipulate the facts maam...

edit on 25-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Trumps own department of justice said they didn't find any evidence of wiretapping.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join