It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Olive Branch, Turkish Invasion of North Syria January 2018

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

#A frinOperation We continue to extend the olive branch

This is the name the Turks are using for their ethnic cleansing operation of Kurdish held areas of North Syria under the propaganda lie that they are PKK terrorists (native to Turkey) as a last ditch effort to secure land not yet controlled by the Syrian government they assume were promised to them by external powers for allowing the world's psychos to pour over their border in an attempt to destabilize and overthrow Syria between 2011 and 2015. Things did not quite go as planned due to Russian interdiction; they are not expanding their borders nearly as much as they expected, and now are in a last ditch effort to get as much as they can before the Syrian government regains control of what remains of contested territory. This is done primarily through the use of their Free Syrian Army umbrella faction and the terrorist sub groups under them.

Anyways, the purpose here is to document as much as I can with video, images, memos and press releases, through scouring twitter and youtube and various regional media agencies. This thread is strictly for posting updates and documenting of these operations and confrontations. If you wish to debate the morality, politics, or personal views on the matter, please post them in the existing thread on that subject: Turkey has announced that the Kurdish genocide is about to begin.

It is late and much of the events that unfold happen may time zones away during hours I would prefer to be sleeping. So for now I will simply post what I pulled up so far from that other thread, and follow up with a list of resources later on for anybody else to utilize if they wish to participate and collaborate in documenting these events. I have to frequently jump between translator services in many cases to find material that is not readily available in English searches, so please bear with me.

originally posted by: worldstarcountryJanuary 18, 2018
The Red arrows are where Turkey will continue to try and expand their control into, primarily through their FSA aligned factions but backing them with air support wherever and whenever possible. What you see in green between the two yellows pretty much belongs to them now. Their goal is to expand that as much as possible before the official end of WW3.

originally posted by: worldstarcountryJanuary 19, 2018

EuroNews Turkey

The Turks are taking the same playbook from Aleppo about hospitals being attacked by claims from the FSA and white helmets. The same white helmets which were routinely found to be faking rescue and disaster scenes, and the same FSA that were beheading children.

originally posted by: the2ofusr1 January 19, 2018

originally posted by: worldstarcountryJanuary 19, 2018
a reply to: the2ofusr1
So here are some recent actions and claims being made in the area recently.

Turkish warplanes in the sky of the Al Bab city now and more than 25 rockets from the Turkish Army targets YPG's in Shaalah
"Syrian National Army" convoy heading towards Afrin border from all over Euphrates Shield area.
FSA will deploy 5000 soldiers for 1st Stage of Afrin operation
Turkey-backed FSA Euphrates Shield commander: 'Delay in Afrin Afrin op due to "bad weather". FSA put on high alert as of this afternoon. Op likely to kickoff 0700 tomorrow, unless sthing changed on international scene'

Efrîn: A russian delegation from Kafr Jannah is visiting multiple front lines between SDF and Turkish-backed Rebels to monitor and document the bombing of villages.
New Report from Russian Reporter after talking to several insiders and High ranking Kurdish Commander - News about Russia Withdrawing looks to be true

US closely watching Turkish for launch of incursion into northern Syria, a development that US officials believe could undermine the fight against ISIS, spark a regional clash, and throw diplomatic relations with NATO ally into chaos. A potential crisis on shutdown weekend.
US officials tell CNN that US troops continue overt patrols near Manbij, Syria. Officials say Turkish-backed rebels in the area regularly fire on these patrols and US forces occasionally return fire. One official said US troops in the Manbij area came under fire "in the last week"

Follow events as they happen with Live Map

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
On January 20, warplanes of the Turkish Air Force (TAF) conducted their first airstrikes against the Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) in Afrin area in the northern Aleppo countryside, according to the Turkish Anadolu Agency.

There are some vids at the link southfront.org...

The Kurdish Hawar News Agency (ANHA) reported that Turkish warplanes bombed several positions of the YPG in the towns of Shero, Shra, Jandarseh and the city of Afrin. Turkish warplanes also destroyed several positions of the YPG in the Arab towns of Tall Rifat and Menagh, according to Syrian oppositions sources.

January 20, 2018

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I guess the kurds could leave Syrian territory then they wouldn`t be attacked by turkey,let the turks and Syrians fight over who owns that land.
the kurds have no country they have no land they are squatters on other countries lands, so if things get to hot for them they should leave and go find some other land to squat on, that would be the smart thing to do.
edit on 21-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

I guess they are too proud to run away, have to say I've got more respect for that than for the ones running to Europe. Although perhaps it is smarter.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
I guess the kurds could leave Syrian territory then they wouldn`t be attacked by turkey,let the turks and Syrians fight over who owns that land.
the kurds have no country they have no land they are squatters on other countries lands, so if things get to hot for them they should leave and go find some other land to squat on, that would be the smart thing to do.

And go where?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
USA said they wanted to train and arm 30,000 Kurd's for a border patrol. Turkey got big time pissed..

I hope Russia, Iran, and Syria can kick all the evaders out ... Never thought I would ever be in favor of Russia or Iran in anything..youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The US needs to step up in this situation, Erdogan is promoting genocide. Threatening NATO membership could influence him, and it should be pressed. Give him an ultimatum, attack the Kurds and you're out of NATO.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Turkey is building a bridge in Karasu river, near Qara Baba border in order to allow military vehicles to pass through easily to attack #Efrin t.co...

KORAL Land Based Electronic Warfare system on the border, #Afrin.

• One operational unit includes four Koral Electronic Support Systems (ED) and one Electronic Attack System (ET), each mounted on an 8x8 truck[2]
  • Can search, intercept, analyse, classify, and locate the direction of multiple conventional and complex types of radar signals.[2]
  • Ability to jam, deceive, and paralyse hostile radars.[2]
  • Operating range of 100 km[2]

Well well, I wonder whos radar they are intending to jam??

Cahida Dêrsim‏
Update: Turkey has cut all internet and communication networks around Afrin to prevent reports reaching out of the region (ANHA) #AfrinUnderAttack #DefendAfrin

That would explain why I have been unable to find virtually anything uploaded from the Kurds in the Afrin area.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The US needs to step up in this situation, Erdogan is promoting genocide. Threatening NATO membership could influence him, and it should be pressed. Give him an ultimatum, attack the Kurds and you're out of NATO.

Or attack us and you will be eating dirt to crawl out of the destruction we will bring down upon your head.. I wonder how many CIA/Special forces are being killed by American made F-16s flown by Turkish pilots in Afrin ?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

the US is 20 trillion in debt and can`t even agree on how to fund next years budget and you want the US to do what??? sorry but the US sugar daddy is out of business it`s time for you to deal with your own problems.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
none. Afrin was being monitored and stationed by the Russians, who pulled out of the area. The US is in Manbij, and East of the Euphrates.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

edit on 21-1-2018 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
This is the name the Turks are using for their ethnic cleansing operation of Kurdish held areas of North Syria

Sadly, the Turks like their ethnic cleansing. The Armenian genocide being a case in point.

That said, it's very easy to simplify the conflict between the Kurds and the Turks, because the Turks are the targets of some grotesque terrorism from the Kurds, although the Turks have created the environment of hatred through their brutal repression of the Kurds.

What the Turks are trying to prevent is the Kurds in Northern Syria, who were an oppressed and brutalised minority under the Syrian regime, getting ideas that they can form up with the semi-autonomous Iraqi Kurds and / or the population of Kurds in Turkey.

Sadly, the Turks are running to type and dealing with the Kurds in a way that won't help future peace.
edit on 21/1/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I guess they are too proud to run away, have to say I've got more respect for that than for the ones running to Europe. Although perhaps it is smarter.

I hate to break it to you but a vast majority of the "mIgrants" posing as refugees are not from Syria, I do a lot of work on the streets of London and come across copious amounts of migrants some illegal some here claiming asylum and the only Syrians I have ever come across are people that have moved hear legally and are in key worker positions, Dentist, Nurses etc etc...

The MSM has brained washed Europeans into guilt to accept this forced enriched rhetoric on the backs of Syrians..

Many are from Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, and so on...

RA

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
well wat we see is that an NATO country is invading an other souvereighn country....!
I may hope that the other NATO allies are calling Turkey back..
otherwise the so called "defencive"nato can be seen as an agressor
time to call the securety councill of the VN together to stop Erdogan!!!!!!!

edit on 21-1-2018 by ressiv because: extra

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Don't worry about it, and I haven't claimed otherwise. I just took issue with idea that Kurds should leave because they happen to not have a Kurdish nation.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I bet Erdolf-Turkey will fall soon, the Führers(fits, there is an ü in the name) dream of a great muslim ottoman empire will be stopped by a rude awakening. Not only that there are too many big players involved, there are around 2 million of refugees in turkey, from the area Erdolf-Turkey attacks now. There are more than enough sympathizers of the kurds, there are more than enough people against Erdolf, in turkey. It´s like in the "U"S, the people are divided right in the middle, almost at 50%. At least does it look like this, because many people act as if they were Erdolf supporters, to not lose their jobs and end in jail.

So retaliation terror will start in .... it will not take long till we will read about terror attacks in turkey. And then we will see how long the support of the 50% for Erdolf will last.

And one wrong move and turkey will have trouble with the "U"SA(maybe, but doesn`t look like the "U"S would do anything for their kurdish tools, because since the attacks began two days ago, i couldn´t hear anything from the "U"S government regarding the attacks on "friends and partners" of the "U"S), with Russia, with Iran. With Syria anyway, with the kurds anyway.

We don´t have to talk about the EU, that club is not to take serious anyway. They are blackmailed by Erdolf, with those 2 millions of refugees he could use to flood western europe again. That´s why he still is getting millions every day of EU money, for "creating democracy" and such silly stuff.

And "our", the german foreign minister, made a deal with turkey, about upgrading their tanks, exactly when the first attacks on kurdish towns happened, two days ago. That hypocritical behaviour of so called politicians makes people really angry. Germany, it´s "political" caste(far, far away from the people) is acting as the "best democrat ever", as "the last hope for the free world", as humanist, while selling weapons to all kind of rogue states like SA and Israel, for example. While making deals with all kinds of people suppressing dictatorships around the world. Yes, we are the "new good ones", that have to follow the "old good ones", from the "U"SA, since they are not seen as the good ones anymore, by the worlds population. But we are not an inch better, because occuppied by the "U"S, since 1945. The german political caste has to dance to the transatlantic tunes coming from the overseas, so they can´t be any better!

But at least it aeems like Erdolf follows his idol from austria, going the same way. Creating too much enemies, opening too much fronts with his megalomaniac behavior. And that will cost him his head!

At least i hope so!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Who wants that land? and why? that tank looks sooo cool

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder that islamist dictator erdogan is a convicted racist and the islamic equivalent of a zionist.

In December 1997 in Siirt, Erdoğan recited a poem from a work written by Ziya Gökalp, a pan-Turkish activist of the early 20th century.[46] His recitation included verses translated as "The mosques are our barracks, the domes our helmets, the minarets our bayonets and the faithful our soldiers...."[32] which are not in the original version of the poem. Erdoğan said the poem had been approved by the education ministry to be published in textbooks.[47] Under article 312/2 of the Turkish penal code his recitation was regarded as an incitement to violence and religious or racial hatred.[48] He was given a ten-month prison sentence of which he served four months, from 24 March 1999 to 27 July 1999

en.wikipedia.org...

www.google.be...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

and now (Turkey) are in a last ditch effort to get as much as they can before the Syrian government regains control of what remains of contested territory.

Syria is trying to reclaim all its land from foreign occupation. Turkey, (under NATOs Banner) is maneuvering to create a Partitioned state, to justify a military build up as a pretext to further efforts to regime change Syria.

Its didn't work in Vietnam, or Korea.
edit on 21-1-2018 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: marlbblacks

Who wants that land? and why? that tank looks sooo cool

Turkey is a member of NATO. Has been operating in Syria all along on behalf of NATO.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join