It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay. May I hear your Opinion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I think it is around 47% of those who illegally crossed from Mecico into the US in 2017 were NOT Mecican Nationals.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I do not believe you read or understand the art of the deal.

That book was all about recognizing your goals by finding what it is the other person wants. If it is not your product and services it is your job to seek out a way or means to exchange your services and acquire elsewhere what you need.
I like your reference to the prisoners game. It applies well to the upside down fiat debt driven economy and how it functions, in its upside down trajectory.
In a real economy it would be win-win and John Nash would have found a different analogy. But we are debt slaves and prisoners we are. And Nash most assuredly recognized that fact. That is important to recognize.
But but, but...there is so much more at work here. We simply have no idea at all how much Trump has allready clawed back from his December 21st National Emergency and Executive Order. Think $Trillions. And then consider the chess moves you are seeing.a reply to: Byrd

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: 3daysgone

At first, TRUMP said that Mexico will pay for it. Now that doesn't look like it's happening.

Mexico will PAY for the wall. They won't be able to come in if there is a wall. That's why PAY means. In English, a word has many different meanings. You pay for a book. You will PAY for it.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Why don't the Dem's give President Trump the wall?

Because they couldn't put illegals up on stage during their national conventions if a wall was built.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Democrats want everything to be micro-managed through the back doors.

They prefer "grey area" and borderline illegal agendas.

They want specific groups of people to always be under oppression.

The more freedoms people have, the less Democrats are needed.

They have had plenty of legislative opportunities over the last 10 or 12 years to solve every recurring problem yet they fail.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Republicans can’t fund or keep government opened with all three legs of power.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Good points!

Question; Why haven't democrats come up with a legal constitutional solution to the DACA problem?

Answer; Because they don't want to.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You want a tyranny, mob rule.

We're a representative republic.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We are a non functional government. The great deal maker of all time has complete fail.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

We are a non functional government. The great deal maker of all time has complete fail.

Capitulating to the demands of an irrational party is a fail.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

“The price of greatness is responsibility.”

Trump and republicans are having a hard time with democracy.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

“The price of greatness is responsibility.”

Trump and republicans are having a hard time with democracy.

Then they should focus on being a representative republic instead.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

And your "solution" to these dilemmas is ?

[ fill in blanks ]

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Republicans are not a monolithic block. Democrats are not a monolithic block.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

so when do you think it will be time to stop "kickin the can" down the road? When is it time to reel in spending? Trust me in this, when it is time it will take monumental courage to do it!

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

If there is a reduction in border patrol agents that would mean that the wall is effective. Why not funding drones and training and the wall. That would be an even more effective border situation.

Because that won't solve the problem. Social policies - and policies that allow for people who can come in and fill jobs that we need (like road work or field work) - are more effective.

Give me examples of ones you think worked. We know that the Great Wall didn't work, nor did the Berlin Wall (I lived in Germany then and heard a lot more about escapes and so forth than you heard about. I also visited East Berlin when I was a child and when the wall was still up.)

The one around the white house works. The one's that the elite hide behind seem to be pretty effective. And that is a good reason not to lower the number of border patrol. So no job loss at all.

Those aren't physical walls. The proposed border wall is to be a physical wall. And the one around the White House is only a compound wall that's been breached many times. Can you give me an example of a physical wall around a country that works?

It can be torn down, circumvented (we can't build a wall around the entire US), flown over, tunneled under... and stealthed through.

With all the drone you were talking about the tearing down of the wall would be caught before it began. The tunneling might be a problem that needs to be addressed in more depth, but the stealthed through argument is something I don't understand the meaning off. Do you mean climbing over it? Or actually phasing through the wall?

It takes manpower and resources to get to a spot where there's a breach. If a big bus with tall ladders rolled up to the wall in the middle of the desert and put up ladders, everyone on the bus could be over the wall and gone before responders identified the problem, collected a team, and drove to the site. Ditto knocking a hole in it with dynamite or C4. A coordinated effort by multiple teams would create havoc.

As for "stealthed", people got away via a number of interesting plans, including hiding in regular traffic, overstaying visas (I know one man from Iceland who did this repeatedly... was deported several times for it and still came back. He found an American woman to marry, so his status is less risky now. But he was a repeat offender.)

Aren't we talking apples to oranges here? The wall isn't between a Muslim country and our country. It's between a Catholic Christian country which is not a known terrorist nation and ours.

No. We are talking about immigration which includes everyone who is not a citizen of this nation. Are you trying to say that a Christian country is less likely to have a terrorist attacker than a Muslim one?

The article I linked went into that. The problems in Norway are due to religious and cultural differences in Muslims and very liberal Christians and they arrived in Norway via a number of routes. The wall that Trump proposes is between another Christian country and our country and the wall does not try to block access by a nation that has been declared terrorist.

So there are two issues: control over immigrants who come from Europe and the Middle East and immigrants from areas in the Americas that are south of the US (they don't pay attention to illegals from the area of Canada, apparently.)

The wall doesn't address immigrants and travelers from Europe and the Middle East. It only attempts to address people south of our borders. If the problems come from Europe and the Middle East, a wall between us and Mexico does nothing to improve that situation.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

I think it is around 47% of those who illegally crossed from Mecico into the US in 2017 were NOT Mecican Nationals.

I'm aware of that. I don't know the exact stats on it, but I know that more than Mexicans come across the southern border.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Schumer "authorized" a number- he wouldn't appropriate a number.
Authorizing means not actually spending any money.
Appropriating means money will spent.

Stop trying to twist reality please.
edit on 21-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz
I do not believe you read or understand the art of the deal.

That book was all about recognizing your goals by finding what it is the other person wants. If it is not your product and services it is your job to seek out a way or means to exchange your services and acquire elsewhere what you need.

And works when you have power and money. As Trump himself has shown, it has limited applications.

I like your reference to the prisoners game. It applies well to the upside down fiat debt driven economy and how it functions, in its upside down trajectory.
In a real economy it would be win-win and John Nash would have found a different analogy. But we are debt slaves and prisoners we are. And Nash most assuredly recognized that fact. That is important to recognize.
But but, but...there is so much more at work here. We simply have no idea at all how much Trump has allready clawed back from his December 21st National Emergency and Executive Order. Think $Trillions. And then consider the chess moves you are seeing.

I disagree that it's chess moves. He could have gotten the win a number of times if he was consistent with what he wanted... but he's changed his mind repeatedly. Chess would have put the board under his control so that any policy quickly ran through the system.

Consider the example of President James K. Polk who managed to get all four major plans through Congress in a single 4 year term, or even FDR, who is considered one of the top three most effective presidents

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The problem for Trump is that even the GOP doesnt want to wprk with him.

The problem with Trump is Trump. Basically, people dont lile his mouth. I get the feeling his mouth is a distraction for his hands.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join