It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The light and the dark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sometimes light is harsh.
A neon overkill that hurts your eyes.

Natural sunlight is good.
A proper Joy that feeds your nerve endings like, like - I don't know what.

Yet, light is manifestation.
In our world is must be judged. Friend or foe, good or ill.

I truly believe in a world of light where no judgement is required.
Joy it will be.

Until then it doesn't hurt to return to the womb periodically. To a darkness that cannot hurt. To a no-thing required of you, but no-hurt.

That's it. Be warm, be safe, be free, be whole.

edit on 20-1-2018 by yughii because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2018 by yughii because: simplifying

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Is it not darkness
that casts a shadow upon lightness?

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
Is it not darkness

Too deep and/or subtle for me but my mind head is currently computing...

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: yughii

originally posted by: Planette
Is it not darkness

Too deep and/or subtle for me but my mind head is currently computing...

Answer: No. The tree or whatever object casts a shadow upon lightness

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: yughii

We live in the realm of story, of beginnings and middles and ends. We understand the world this way.

And because of this structure, and how our brains organize information, it is the light and dark together that make our reality.

Now darkness isn't a "thing but a lack of something. Still, without that lack, we would be unable to see the shape of anything, physical or metaphysical. Darkness gives shape to the light, though the light is ultimately what is "real."

Keep shining, friend. The world needs as much well-lit-joy as it can get...

edit on 21-1-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well with light we understand darkness and thats a tell true aid to philosophy which wants to shed light on everything.. Light can benefit darkness through the revelation of time and light speed travel.. even the smallest meter of measurment has its eyes scene trough light itself which is the firmhost.. we end up shedding light on the macro world with electron micrscopes etc.. and that then changes the true mechanics of the previous order that was.. or otherwise what we would call chaos.. which is a refraction of wave incidental mechanics..light is penchant both as a seed and explanator.. an explaining of the degree of light.. every observation you make requires light.. but the truest form of sensation.. like feeling touch and tasting is beyond light.. but what would a photon taste like anyway?

Light is an evident effigy.. but it is amazing that we can withstand the suns light and grow.. the curios amount of light needed is perfectly refracted through our atmosphere.. which reflects and directs light..! Christ is a dispeller of myths and light.. but does indeed provide light too.. as well as this is to understand our hidden sides that crave expeession..

The emotions of love and fear both sit like an ocean which only has light reflecting as a negative veil of existence.. so below the threshold hold of light is pure darkness.. some call this the abyss and others call it a void.. all from good fubdamental Gnosticism and good Christian beliefs!

Pure pressence is the soul.. and is made of light orange yellow yoke.. Yoke itself can be seen as a particular color which is a priori to light..

Even better than a meter is light.. black is only the lowest amount of light possible
edit on 21-1-2018 by Boundless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There is no darkness but the light. Perception is subtraction from light not addition to dark.

We reside not within a dimension from which light originates

Plants contain no green. Chlorophyll blocks green from entering the plant.
Plants are every color but green.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: yughii
Yet, light is manifestation.
In our world is must be judged. Friend or foe, good or ill.

Light could be the manifestation of Heavenly spirits who descend from Heaven into the darkness (Universe).

This world could be a experiment to see if spiritual souls can ever merge with material lovers. Bit like angels marrying demons on this world.

Upon death, material lovers probably return to this world for more money and spiritually biased souls ascend to a more peaceful realm.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Genesis 1 the Earth was void and full of darkness and God made the light, separating the light FROM the dark,hmmm.

Therefore the light is GOOD but was embedded within the darkness, it would seem.

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

In John 12:36 Jesus asked man to believe in the Light, so that they may become sons of Light. He wasn't wrong, Life exists as Light. You humanity are Light. In the Surah an-Nur, 24:35 we are told …Light Upon Light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills…There are those that walk on this planet who know this.You could say that they are either direct bloodline or are pilgrims who have done all the reincarnations and ascensions known to man. They are on a different path but they can see that layer of light that is upon the light that you see. It it is in this light where Angels and Devils become very real individuals....They actually exist just at a different level to what the human eye can see and in actual existence.We all work together for ...Nagh, ill let Jesus have the last word.

I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 21-1-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yughii

OK. So I feel a bit underpowered compared to you lot in scope, depth, and variety on what the unassuming would consider a basic concept; light and dark.

I know we are supposed to discuss and argue and so forth, but each reply could spin off its own dimension ( and may ) of thought.

I shall ponder only.
edit on 21-1-2018 by yughii because: (no reason given)

I feel like what I just said may have come across as " I shall superiorly ponder as you babble uselessly. " But I meant, "I shall enjoy pondering all this scope, depth and variety you have presented."

edit on 21-1-2018 by yughii because: (no reason given)

top topics

join