It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Meat widely infected with Invariably FATAL Prions - Why do they survive all cooking?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
'That's why I eat all my meat well done!'

is the typical response I get from many an acquaintance who defends concern over tapeworms, prions, phages, and other exotic human diseases.

A blanket false sense of security, that as long as its fully cooked, it can't infect me. Don't understand why even roasting the meat doesn't kill all prions, but maybe resident ATS pathologists like maybe namesake Phage know(s)?

Well, you could cook, sterilize, fry, broil, roast prion infected meat and it may still infect you with this incurable, invariably FATAL disease. Prion disease has been identified in cows, pigs, horses, sheep, and HUMANS, potentially infectious to all mammals, even dolphins, whales, cats, horses although some claim immunity in horses, dogs and rabbits despite at least one famous case of a horse trainer contracting and dying from it.

Currently 'only' 300 cases per year are documented in the USA, for now. Most patients die within 1 year of developing symptoms.

www.nytimes.com...

Once contracted, it can be spread from one human to another by something as simple as just skin-to-skin contact:

www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/11/22/human-strain-mad-cow-disease-can-passed-via-skin

This archived article states US meat supply is widely contaminated with prions:

www.naturalnews.com...

Thus would not be surprised if they're adding it to Chemtrail concoctions, nowadays.

edit on Sat Jan 20 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit of title

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Dang makes you want to live life in a bubble.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Planette

I am not 100% certain, but I believe they survive cooking because they are a protein.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately you referenced Natural News, which means we can't take anything else in the post seriously.

Bummer.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Indeed since I referenced natural news last after a bunch of OTHER sources.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm not too worried. I grew up in Europe when Mad cow was all over. We ate tons of beef then and still do now. Not a single person died from it. We aren't allowed to donate blood because we lived there during that time and it "might" still be in our system.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I loves me some prions, yum yum yum, so we got a article about meat causing bad Karma and meat having bad prions...

Guess what,

* eats more meat *

just as delicious as before, guess the articles failed.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
3 threads today on meat.

You really have it out for meat dont you?

From the way you are trying to spin this, youd think half the population would be dropping dead within months.

Except its not happening

Currently 'only' 300 cases per year are documented in the USA, for now. Most patients die within 1 year of developing symptoms

Out of ALL the meat being eaten? Thats not even enough to consider a blip.

We get it , youre vegan
edit on 20-1-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Planette
Currently 'only' 300 cases per year are documented in the USA, for now. Most patients die within 1 year of developing symptoms.

WOW!!!! 300 cases PER YEAR! And here McDonalds sells 225 million hamburgers a year. And in 2012 (sorry) in the US the consumption was over 52 BILLION pounds, well over 270 pounds per person.

300 cases per 52 billion pounds. Well, that's sure a sobering thought.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Then there is this:
Are there prions in plants?

Indeed, a paper by Chakrabortee et al. (5), from the laboratory of Susan Lindquist, provides a first example of a plant protein behaving as a prion, at least in the heterologous (yeast) system.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That's what happens when food animals are fed meal made from food that has minced up brains and offal from food animals I read somewhere. That's why Papua new Guineans contracted "kuru" from cannabilism,but the men never ate the brains if victims,only women and kids. And it can manifest many years later,symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease I think. I guess zombies have it hard now eh.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why doesn't heat kill proteins? I'd think if you cooked it long enough you would degrade it's structure to the point it wouldn't be harmful to you.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
All these meat threads make me think of this.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: introvert

Why doesn't heat kill proteins? I'd think if you cooked it long enough you would degrade it's structure to the point it wouldn't be harmful to you.

Again, this is not my expertise, but I believe heat does change the structures of the peptide bonds that connect the amino acids which make-up the protein. It degrades the structure of the bonds, but it does not kill it outright.

No to mention that proteins are not a living organism such as bacteria. It's a chemical compound.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Prions are basically misfolded proteins. You can't kill them with heat unless you cook them for a very long time and that will destroy some of the nutrition.

I don't see why a proteinase like bromelain or papain won't destroy them in our body. Bromelain crosses into our blood pretty easily and although it does destroy some macrophages, it does not bother our immune system too much. You can just eat pineapple once in a while, eating it all the time might cause some complications though. Raw onions and grapefruit also contain proteinases. Limonene in the citrus can cause some problems though if consumed too much.

For some strange reason the changing of diet of the livestock is increasing prions, fueling the problem so to speak. The misfolded proteins are not caused by the grain diet, just fueled by it. If you try to destroy all the prions in our body, remember that antigens are a sort of prion, so are the protein structures in our brain that help form memories. Caution needs to be taken when dealing with healing these illnesses related to prions. Phages are another problem, so are viruses that are cancer causing, they hijack our immune system and allow the cancer to go undetected.

There is a real lot to this, I have studied this quite a bit since I was made aware of it by soficrow, she knows quite a bit about these things.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

The wife and I were going to have a nice cucumber salad with feta tonight (I’m trying to lose a little weight), but all your talk of meat made me decide to grill a couple steaks (with the salad as a side).

Mmmmmmm. Prions.

On topic. 300 cases in a year is statistically insignificant based on the amount of meat consumed. More people (when corrected for amount consumed) died from E. coli on vegetables than that.

I suppose you can just choose not to eat? Then I’d be more likely to stick to my diet because you’d not be posting silly anti-meat idiocy.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
3 threads on humans being an omnivorous creature by nature. In fact , humans may have been strictly carnivorous at start and only learned to eat weeds during the advent of agriculture much later.

You may want to give it a rest...

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well prions are just a bunch of amino acids strung together.

So...in theory we could make a good meal out of them, if we figure out how to do it right.

Pre-digest the meat before eating it.

For example, cooking meat soaked in green papaya juice should pre-digest the prions making the meat safe, since papaya is a known "tenderizer" of meat that starts the digesting process before it hits your stomach.

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I`m not too worried I figure humans have been eating meat since we have been on here on earth and yet we seem to be able to procreate at an exponential rate,so unless prions are something new in meat I reckon huans will survive just fine to keep on procreating .

posted on Jan, 20 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Cooking it doesn't destroy it, it's a malformed protein.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join