It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2013 Trump: President responsible for shutdown

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: introvert

SO you're for open borders and the subsequent deaths of innocent people.

Own it.

I am not trying to be ignorant here.. but can you show me a liberal politician who believes and says there should be open borders with no immigration requirements? I've never seen it.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

Own it.

I am not trying to be ignorant here.. but can you show me a liberal politician who believes and says there should be open borders with no immigration requirements? I've never seen it.

California.

Explain California being a sanctuary state.

It's on the border, yet finds no issue and even protects those that cross illegally.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
THis is pure "gotcha".

Useless, worthless banter.

All of us say stuff that isn't absolutely true, especially opinions on situations. I saw some similar quotes from Schumer showing he's a lying hypocrite, too.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
2013 Trump: President responsible for shutdown

Anyone that's been paying attention to the last YEAR.

And the lengths his haters and gone to.

Is full of #.
edit on 22-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: Southern Guardian

Trump should own it and take pride in it.

He's not backing down to anti-American leftists who want open borders and innocent people killed.

Innocent people killed?

Ah, yes. Nothing makes a decent, intelligent argument like going full drama queen right out of the gate.

This is why we cant have nice discussions around here.

Too many people say dumb # like this.

"If Net-Neutrality is repealed the internet will die and people will die!"

"If Trump's tax plan passes, Millions will die!"

"Trump is the 45 President of the United States of America"

Dems: "Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Yeah, we're the drama queens. Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is clearly absolutely dumb by the democrats.

You can't spin this no other way but as a massive political blunder when you had Trump and the GOP on the run

This is Trumps greatest strength…they might revive him with this stupid move

Blaming the democrats for catering to foreigners will ignite Trumps base and give him some new energy he didn’t have…

Also it takes the Russian story off the front pages

So you see this is a POLITICAL BLUNDER

You think this will ignite his base? The last 24 years is what ignited his base to begin with.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I hope I’m wrong but when you have a dog down you kick em not let em up

The GOP where on the ropes and now this may revive them

My advice to the dems….Move fast and get out of this deal.

Just say Trump is too crazy and we have to wait to get him out of office and make a deal for the dreamers later...

Because that hasn't already been tried and backfired..

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm not the one against secure borders

True. You're the guy making the ridiculous argument that people that don't think like you want innocent people killed.

I've even advocated for amnesty AFTER the borders are secured, but go ahead with your anti-freedom hate-fest.

Complaining about anti-freedom haters, yet you're the one that wants to completely close of the border.

Oh, the irony!

Because you want that group-feel approval, its easy to let everyone in and let whatever happens happen, so long as you got to feel warm and fuzzy about it.

And who says "completely close off the border"? No one but you, in typical fallacious fashion.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It looks like the dems were listening to me. I guess Schumer reads ATS!

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
So since somehow Trump was responsible for the shutdown according to Schumer and his lackeys on here, what did Trump give up in order to get the government open again?

Oh wait, nothing? The Democrats had to do something to get the government open again? How is that possible? I thought they were blameless in this whole thing?

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So since somehow Trump was responsible for the shutdown according to Schumer and his lackeys on here, what did Trump give up in order to get the government open again?

He is responsible. What did he give up? He said on camera he would sign a bipartisan agreement, which was presented to him and which had border wall funding on the table (even though Mexico was supposed to pay for it), and he rejected it.

It's all him. And that roach Miller.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

He is responsible. What did he give up? He said on camera he would sign a bipartisan agreement, which was presented to him and which had border wall funding on the table (even though Mexico was supposed to pay for it), and he rejected it.

It's all him. And that roach Miller.

Except that's a total mischaracterization of what happened. Read these two posts and the linked material. That's just the narrative Schumer put out, which was of course regurgitated like it was 100% factual by the media. You've been had.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I heard what he said, and read what was presented to him, which was a bipartisan agreement he rejected after saying he would accept it.

Trump lied. There is no alternative narrative.

It's all on him.

Nice try at blame shifting when caught, though.

edit on 22-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I heard what he said, and read what was presented to him, which was a bipartisan agreement he rejected after saying he would accept it.

Trump lied. There is no alternative narrative.

It's all on him.

Nice try at blame shifting when caught, though.

Oh, I guess CNN are just big fans of Trump then and lied when they wrote that article, which says the bipartisan agreement didn't have what Trump asked for and didn't have enough support to pass anyway. Sorry you got lied to again. Maybe you should reconsider where you're getting your info. You get misinformed a lot.
edit on 22 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

CNN?

Trump said he would accept a bipartisan deal. His words from his mouth on camera. He was presented with one, and he rejected it.

Nice try blaming CNN and again shifting the blame, for whatever reason because that's the last recourse you have.

And carry on with you partisan BS if if makes you feel comfortable.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

CNN?

Trump said he would accept a bipartisan deal. His words from his mouth on camera. He was presented with one, and he rejected it.

Nice try blaming CNN and again shifting the blame, for whatever reason because that's the last recourse you have.

And carry on with you partisan BS if if makes you feel comfortable.

It's funny that the only way you can argue this is if you dishonestly micharacterize what he said. Stop being dishonest. He said he would sign a bipartisan deal that made it to his desk if it included 4 main things, and even CNN is admitting the bipartisan deal you're talking about didn't include his 4 main requirements. And it never made it to his desk. It didn't have enough support to pass the Senate. It didn't even have the support of all the congressmen that were in the room when the President made that statement. The only one spewing partisan BS here is you. You got misled, AGAIN, and now you're in denial.

Just admit you fell for another Schumer lie man. You're embarrassing yourself peddling blatant lies that even CNN called out. Is Schumer your uncle or something? Maybe if you use better critical thinking skills up front next time instead of just swallowing whatever line of BS you're fed, you won't back yourself into these untenable corners trying to defend something that was never true to begin with.
edit on 23 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He would entertain and accept if it was a good deal. It was not. it sucked.He rejected it. Schumer needs to quit acting like he is the president.

DACA should not even have been part of this conversation unless it was to say it will be defunded as this is a budget. Not an immigration policy. DACA was an OE and all it takes is a pen swipe from Trump. The DNC played its hand and failed.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-23T16:36:30-06:000430 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He would entertain and accept if it was a good deal. It was not. it sucked.He rejected it. Schumer needs to quit acting like he is the president.

That is not what he said, in his own words, on camera.

He lied.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Own it.

California.

It's on the border, yet finds no issue and even protects those that cross illegally.

And illegals bring prosperity anywhere they go.

That's why Cali is soooooo prosperous that they have the highest % of poor in the nation.

If they are so good for a country, why is mexico not a brown Norway?

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Own it.

California.

And illegals bring prosperity anywhere they go.

That's why Cali is soooooo prosperous that they have the highest % of poor in the nation.

If they are so good for a country, why is mexico not a brown Norway?

TRUE: California has the nation’s highest poverty rate, when factoring in cost-of-living: www.politifact.com...

"If you look at the official poverty measure in California, we’re about average with the rest of the country," Mayes said. "But if you use the supplemental poverty measure, we are in the lead.

Hoene said the high poverty rate in the supplemental report is driven by California’s stratospheric housing costs. He added that use of the supplemental measure has gained wide acceptance among researchers.

All the facts.

edit on 24-1-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join